IT = Rumor of 3/24 offer from Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling that would be the price. Does that make a S&T for Josh Smith a simple answer for us? Is there a mega-deal to be made with Detroit?

Is this the Bruski thing? Not sure I'd count on that as an official offer just yet.
I haven't been embarrassed taking Bruski at face value yet. UNTIL NOW He's not prone to spewing bunk like Bucher.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 1h
Pistons have showed the most interest so far, talks have started in the 3/24M range. Other talks ranging from $6-7M per year.

Edit July 7 after he went on twitter and admitted it was buII$hit (well, not exactly admitted... "backpedaled" maybe.. whatever. NBA FA seems to be a credibility minefield for journalists - rough biz)

Last edited:
Bruski is also reporting interest from Pistons, Mavs, Lakers, Heat and Suns. I think the league is well aware of IT's potential as a 6th man X-Factor. Man I hope the FO doesn't screw this up, but I have a bad feeling.

Match it! This would not be a problem if we hadn't signed Landry contract.... I wish they would of crowd sourced kings fans last free agency....

I said a long time ago if he doesn't get $8M he should fire his agent. He scored 20 ppg and was very durable in a contract year. His assist/TO ratio is not particularly embarrassing. He gets paid.

If we match I won't jump off a building, but if we don't match I'm ok too.

I got the feeling when the Kings leaked that they would match up to 6 mil that they wanted him to leave. They set the market rate when they didn't have to. All a team would have to do if that was true is offer over 6 mil, and the Kings knew this. There will be a sign and trade.

I love IT but Rondo S&T HAS to be discussed, it would make passing on Payton and drafting Stauskas make all the more sense. With Boston drafting Smart, and talking to IT, you have to think Rondo can be had...

So Boston, Phx, Det....all teams that we had rumored trade tals with....I'm sniffing some type of deal.

This does sound like the deals for a sign and trade were in place before the draft. Now the teams have to win over Thomas and the Kings probably knew all the likely interested teams so I'm guessing Pete has a deal worked out with each of them.

I love IT but Rondo S&T HAS to be discussed, it would make passing on Payton and drafting Stauskas make all the more sense. With Boston drafting Smart, and talking to IT, you have to think Rondo can be had...
My only worry with Rondo is the combo of him not wanting to stay in Sac with the latest rumor he is after a $100M extension.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We can't S&T him to Boston for rondo or anybody else unless Boston actually makes the offer.

The 3/24 came from Detroit (well, according to Bruski, who I am sure is just being as good lil fanboy and parroting whatever IT's agent feeds him, so who knows). So if Detroit..well, there's your Smith rumor again.

Status
Not open for further replies.