IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie Keegan Murray did not attack the basket the way sophomore Keegan Murray does.
Attack the basket? When? Opening game?

Keegan does not attack the basket I’m sorry. I’m not saying he’s playing bad by any means. I was just expecting him to take a bigger more direct jump is all. Monk has taken the biggest jump this season. I was hoping it would be Keegan

Pels if healthy are a top 6 team in the West. But that’s a big if. This was only the 2nd game all year they’ve had Zion, BI, McCollum, and Murphy playing together. Murphy is their Keegan, he is a major piece for that team. And their rook Hawkins has looked really nice in place of McCollum even though he didn’t see the court today.
BI is more their Keegan. Trey is more their Huerter except he is 6’9” with a 7’1” wingspan. Huerter is 6’ 8”. That 5 inches makes a difference.

yeah half of the fan base wants them to lose out for a new coach and Lsu QB. The bad thing is that our division is so bad that we can still win it smh. The 49ers are a regular season team, so I’m not surprised. I wait until the playoffs to see what they do. Only 1 team wins the sb and you never know on any given sunday. I actually have the Chiefs repeating. They are a playoff team and the nfl wants Mahomes to be the next Brady. The Pelicans have to carry the torch right now for us.
It’s all about consistency with the 9ers. No one can beat yesterdays team. Not the chiefs. Not the ravens. Not the dolphins. The rest of the league better hope they don’t figure out how to play like that the rest of this season.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
IMO, if Zion gets in shape, they are a better team than the kings.
Honestly, it really looked to me like Zion had actually put on some weight since the Kings last saw him just two weeks ago. He was even moving considerably slower in this game than the @NO matchups. I’m sure it wasn’t HB’s stifling defense.

It’s more likely he just gets injured and misses an indefinite period of time again.

Head to head they are a rough matchup for the Kings though. Kings may end up performing better against the rest of the league though.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I have not missed a single game this season or last and been to two live this year. He also made a few dunks last year. But he def doesn’t consistently attack and his 3 shot seemed more money last year if we being technical about it. How many fts he averaging this year and how many should be expected from a starting sf?
I agree on the FT thing and have said so on may occasions. He'll never be a top scoring option until he starts getting himself to the line. He had one game this season (against OKC) where he was consistently drawing contact and getting to the line. He hasn't put it all together yet but it's there in flashes. And his attitude in the games when Fox was out was that of a go-to guy, even though he was struggling with his shot. I think we just look at the game differently. I'm always looking at process rather than results. If he makes a good move and doesn't finish it, that's still a plus for me. We're only in year 2 -- he has time to put it all together. All I want to see is him attempting tougher shots and playing aggressive.

Keegan still plays timid. His ability to overcome that will be the deciding factor in the type of player he can be. Better tonight but he still has a ways to go
I think Keegan is struggling to balance all the new responsibility. Last year was pretty simple; hide on defense, be an elite C&S and movement shooter on offense through DHO action. Now? He's the best defender on the team taking the toughest defensive assignment every game with a new offensive scoring package he's trying to implement into game action. All while trying to maintain his status last year as one of the best shooters in basketball.

He's figured out the defensive end for sure though. The Kings just crumbling into dust without him on the floor is evidence of that. Now it's finding how to balance that workload integrated back into his shooting and a bigger scoring responsibility.

BI is just a major mismatch against us. Just don’t have the personnel to guard him
A healthy Keegan could help. He’s literally playing at 40% IMO or whatever number you wanna put on it. It’s hard to judge our team, knowing a key component is a shell of himself on both ends of the floor. He hasn’t been right since the season began.

I think Keegan is struggling to balance all the new responsibility. Last year was pretty simple; hide on defense, be an elite C&S and movement shooter on offense through DHO action. Now? He's the best defender on the team taking the toughest defensive assignment every game with a new offensive scoring package he's trying to implement into game action. All while trying to maintain his status last year as one of the best shooters in basketball.

He's figured out the defensive end for sure though. The Kings just crumbling into dust without him on the floor is evidence of that. Now it's finding how to balance that workload integrated back into his shooting and a bigger scoring responsibility.
yeah. We need a 3 and D wing to offset some of the defensive load.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Attack the basket? When? Opening game?

Keegan does not attack the basket I’m sorry. I’m not saying he’s playing bad by any means. I was just expecting him to take a bigger more direct jump is all. Monk has taken the biggest jump this season. I was hoping it would be Keegan
Aight playa, you got it. I don't know what time zone you're in, but it's past my bedtime; it's too late to be arguing with folk over basketball.

We could also use some respect from the refs when it comes to his defense. You cannot play defense in the nba when they are calling fouls for staying in front of your man

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Exactly!

A healthy Keegan could help. He’s literally playing at 40% IMO or whatever number you wanna put on it. It’s hard to judge our team, knowing a key component is a shell of himself on both ends of the floor. He hasn’t been right since the season began.
I thought overall he did a really good job on him. He’s a “you can only hope to contain him” type of player

For me Brown lost that game by far ….
He didn’t use the squad well and he missed all of the little ring like benching Fox when he was making only turnovers and pelicans did the run …

Everyone keeps talking about this Brand new Keegan. I don’t know what I’m missing because I’ve seen the exact same Keegan as last year but with better defense. He still has zero play making ability. He either passes it immediately, or shoots, I guess now he takes two dribbles then passes but nothing to suggest he will ever develop into a number two Guy like we need him to be.

Am I missing it?
You’re not missing anything lol. He has 1 possession each game where he puts the ball on the floor and makes a basket, and everyone gets ready to proclaim him as the next Paul George…. while simultaneously ignoring the other 4 possessions in the game where he gets stopped after 2 dribbles and is forced to kick the ball back to Domas.

Keegan is shaping himself up to be more of a 3&D role player in this league. It’s not like he doesn’t get scoring opportunities to show more to his game

For me Brown lost that game by far ….
He didn’t use the squad well and he missed all of the little ring like benching Fox when he was making only turnovers and pelicans did the run …
Interesting take. I hadn’t examined brown so much this game. Generally stars don’t get pulled tho so I can see why he didn’t. Wish we brought Sasha back tho and took some of Barnes useless minutes away

Status
Not open for further replies.