IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Could be a lot worse as bad as things went there. I almost like the team coming back hungry and motivated hopefully coach get some focused to get their heads back in this game.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I didn't see the last two Pelicans games but this Kings team has consistently struggled when matched up against a more physical team. We were running them out of the gym playing our game for the first 10 minutes. The guys need to refocus and go back to letting Domas orchestrate from the top of the key.

When we were up by 16pts, I didn't like that Brown took out Murray after 2 fouls...he's been playing well and his defense is needed to guard Ingram. I would just leave him in.

Averado really got into Fox man. I am confused...how is Fox letting him steal from behind that one time while dribbling up the court? I thought Fox should be smarter than that....i get that Averado is spesky, but still when you dribble up the court...shouldn't you be looking behind and see if there are other Pelicans around? It's dumb things like that really shift the momentum of the game. We just didn't play smart....whether being careful or making the right substitution. It's not like Pelicans were playing great either.

I wondered what happened. It was out of range of the TNT backboard camera.
Yeah, they were in a "big man scrum" off the shot for the board, Lyles bodied Jval in the chest, Jval "swung" his elbow back at Lyles neck. Don't think it was intentional, moreso just bigs going at it. But Lyles took offense to that.

When we were up by 16pts, I didn't like that Brown took out Murray after 2 fouls...he's been playing well and his defense is needed to guard Ingram. I would just leave him in.

Averado really got into Fox man. I am confused...how is Fox letting him steal from behind that one time while dribbling up the court? I thought Fox should be smarter than that....i get that Averado is spesky, but still when you dribble up the court...shouldn't you be looking behind and see if there are other Pelicans around? It's dumb things like that really shift the momentum of the game. We just didn't play smart....whether being careful or making the right substitution. It's not like Pelicans were playing great either.
Murry didn't have 2 fouls but Domas did. Thought he came in for the wrong guy.

Kings getting into foul trouble early and letting Pels shoot free throws didn't help with the big lead. I don't know what is going on...slowly they lost momentum. I think it all started with Fox and a couple other guys. But FOX letting Avarado stealing the ball constantly from behind really is demoralizing.

Murray looked uncomfortable during the timeout, and a little bent out of shape, just before he was taken out of the game. He had one fine sequence guarding Ingram, and we need more of that.

I wonder if Fox hurt his hand early or before the game. Credit to the Pels for the defense but his handle looked like it did in the playoffs last season. One of the tightest handles in the league normally

Status
Not open for further replies.