Immediate impact Mock Draft:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I decided to do a mock draft not based on where I think players will or should be taken, but instead on which players are more ready to play, and would have more immediate impact their first year.

1. Anthony Davis: 6'10", PF. No brainer here! Whichever team he ends up with will recieve immediate benefits. I think he'll surprise on offense.

2. Michael Gilchrist: 6'7.5", SF. Another no brainer, and for the same reasons as Davis. Great defender with great BBIQ. Will make any team immediately better.

3. Thomas Robinson: 6'9", PF. Terrific athlete, and great rebounder. Great hustle guy who despite being somewhat raw on offense, will contribute in a similar way as Faried did this season.

4. Jeremy Lamb: 6'5", SG. Doesn't have the bells and whistles, but is a pretty complete player who can also play very good defense. He can score from the outside or take it to the basket.

5. Bradley Beal: 6'4", SG. Very good BBIQ, and excellent shooter, who should turn into a good defender. He definitely contribute right away.

6. Harrison Barnes: 6'8", SF. Despite all the bad press he's gotten, he's still a good basketball player that can hit the outside shot. He also played decent to good defense.

7. Arnett Moultrie: 6'11", PF/SF. Terrific athlete, who played SF for two years and then switched to PF. He can guard both positions and he's a good rebounder. Very explosive around the basket.

8. Austin Rivers: 6'4", SG. A little selfish, but great BBIQ and a very good scorer. His game is built for the NBA. Confident to the point of cocky. Doc River's son.

9. Terrence Jones: 6'8", PF/SF. Unfinished player after two years at Kentucky, but his ability to defend 2 postions will get him immediate time on the floor. Very good athlete with length.

10. John Henson: 6'11", PF/C. Will have to play PF in the immediate, but he'll make an impact with his ability to block shots and rebound.

11. Jeffery Taylor: 6'7", SF. Four year player thats a lock down defender, and can shoot the ball. One of the best athlete's in the draft.

12. Ty Zeller: 7'0", C. Very solid player with good BBIQ. Should be able to play backup minutes right away.

13. Perry Jones III: 6'11", SF. Good BBIQ, and very skilled. Lacks aggression but knows how to play the game. I think he can play minutes right away at the SF position, but not the PF position.

14. Jared Sullinger: 6'9", PF/C. Good BBIQ, and very skilled. Lacks top athleticism, but his overall skill level will let play immediate minutes. Think Al Jefferson.

15. Andre Drummond: 6'11", PF/C. I know, how did he drop this far? Well this is based on being able to play right now, and he isn't. He has low BBIQ, lacks offensive skills, and lacks aggession. Should be able to contribute on defense.

16. Kendall Marshall: 6'4", PG. Terrific passer with excellent court vision and BBIQ. His teammates will love him. Defense could be an issue. But he definitely can contribute on the offensive side of the ball.

17. Moe Harkless: 6'8", SF. Very good athlete who can play defense and give you some scoring on the other side. Still needs some polish, but he definitely can play.

18. Andrew Nicholson: 6'9", PF. Average athlete, but a very skilled one. Great motor, and excellent BBIQ. Just knows how to play the game, and can help a team right away.

19. Damian Lillard: 6'2", PG/SG. I was tempted to put him higher, because the dude can score the rock. Just not sure what he is. Small for a SG, and I personally don't think has any PG instincts. But if your looking for a Jason Terry type, he's your guy.

20. Royce White: 6'8", PF. Another of those all around talented players with good BBIQ. He's a little undersized, but he can play inside or outside and should help right away.

21. Dion Waiters: 6'4", SG. Sort of an unhearlded player this year, but he's very talented and tough. Good defender and shooter. He could be one of the dark horses in the draft.

22. Doron Lamb: 6'4", SG. Excellent BBIQ, and very good outside shooter. Good shooting the ball with a hand in his face. Can also play a little at the PG position. Decent to good defender. Deadly in a spotup.

23. Evan Fournier: 6'8", SF. Good BBIQ, and good shooter. His overall experience in europe should get him some minutes right away.

24. Meyers Leonard: 7'0", C. Outstanding athlete, with good length. Should be able to help on the defensive side of the ball, and rebound right away. Definitely raw, especially on offense, but not lost out there. Average BBIQ at the moment.

25. Quincy Miller: 6'9", SF. Another player I was tempted to place higher. If he proves his knee is OK again at the combine, I'll move him up. Very talented player with terrific length for the SF positon. He can shoot, drive, defend, and rebound. Very skilled. Knee is the only worry.

26. Marquis Teague: 6'2", PG. Excellent athlete and good BBIQ. Still learning how to play the postion. Could get minutes on the defensive side right away. Good ballhandler and improved passer. Great potential at the PG position.

27. Festus Ezeli: 6'11", C/PF. More of a center skill wise. He's only played orginized BB for 5 years after coming over from Africa. Can help on the defensive side right away. Needs to improve his rebounding. Decent BBIQ for the little time he's played the game.

28. Tony Wroten: 6'5", SG/PG. A guy that would be higher if he could shoot the ball. Very good ballhandler and outstanding passer. Great BBIQ, and excellent Court vision. Very good athlete. Style of game: Think Tyreke Evans without being as good a finisher.

29. Fab Melo: 7'0", C. One dimensional player, but who can help on defense right away. Average athlete with very good length and good shotblocking abilities. Little offense to speak of.

30. John Jenkins: 6'4", SG. Excellent shooter who can spot up for a team right away. Very good at coming off screens. Can be streaky, but when hot, can turn a game around.

There are some at the bottom that I left out, that could very well be there instead, like Draymond Green, Kevin Jones, or Benard James. I had Jae Crowder on my list until I found out he only measured out at 6'3.75" without shoes at the Nets combine. Sorry Jae, thats just a little short for a SF/PF in the NBA. Remember, this list isn't based on potential, but on what the player actually did in college and how that translates to immediate contributions in the NBA.

Maybe I'll do another one based only on potential..

Very nice list, sorry that I didn't see it until now.

I could go down the list and pick out the things I agree or disagree with, but all in all, I am in agreement.

Do you change your mind about Jae now that he grew an inch between the Nets camp and the Chicago combine?

It looks as if teams think very highly of both Lillard and Waiters after Chicago, so they would probably move up a bit on the list. I liked what I saw from Royce White, but if he can't keep his anxiety in check, he won't ever be able to contribute.

Also, I just don't trust Henson at his weight to be able to come in and contribute more than a handful of minutes a night.