I hate this team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No. Frustration = expectations of a contending team are not met.

I'm a 49er fan. I was taught through the 80's and 90's that a Super Bowl was the expectation or bust. Through this decade, it's been a bust. That doesn't mean I hate my team or I jump off some bandwagon. It just means I have HIGH EXPECTATIONS and DEMAND that ownership and management do what it takes to put a quality product on the field. If they don't, then I'm ticked off.

It's the same here. I DEMAND quality. I DEMAND a contending team from owners who've promised as much. I EXPECT a contending team.

If I don't get it, I'm frustrated. That's the reality.

You can list all the wonderful "reasons" why we suck, but that's not the point. I EXPECT this ownership and GM to do whatever is necessary and not settle.

And if they appear to be settling, I'm FRUSTRATED.
If you expect a contending team EVERY year, no wonder you're frustrated. I've been a 49er fan forever. I saw the years of the suckage before Montana, I saw the glory years of Montana and Young, I saw the decline and now I'm viewing the attempts to crawl out of the cellar.

Am I frustrated? Nope, because I didn't expect them to become champions again without some lean years. Am I disappointed when they don't win? Well, of course, but I'm not leaping off the bandwagon OR the nearest bridge about it.

I guess that's the difference. I'm fully willing to accept that there will be years when the team just isn't as competitive as other teams in the league, no matter what the sport.

As far as the front office and the ownership "settling," I think you're making an assumption without basis in fact. You don't know that they're settling. You're assuming that because you don't know about anything that they're not doing anything. That's not necessarily true.

I think the main problem is too many fans (not necessarily you) are used to instant gratification. They cannot understand that, unlike NBA 2007 or whatever game they're currently playing, teams cannot just move players at the drop of a hat.

My only complaint about all of this is with the fan who screams about how the team hasn't lived up to his/her expectations. (Criticism is fine, we all do it but declaring blind hatred is just silly, IMHO.) Anyone who has followed the NBA for any length of team could see the problems with the Kings weren't going to be solved over night. The glory days are over, at least for now. Fans can either stick around through the lean times, or they can find a winning team to root for. That's up to them...

Sorry, but your DEMAND that the ownership and front office put a high quality product on the court (or the field) at all times just isn't realistic.

You can EXPECT the front office and ownership to do something about it, and I'm pretty sure they're more concerned about it than you give them credit for. The difference is just might be the time parameters. Change takes time - good or bad - and you can't have the instant fix in the real world.

No. Frustration = expectations of a contending team are not met.

I'm a 49er fan. I was taught through the 80's and 90's that a Super Bowl was the expectation or bust. Through this decade, it's been a bust. That doesn't mean I hate my team or I jump off some bandwagon. It just means I have HIGH EXPECTATIONS and DEMAND that ownership and management do what it takes to put a quality product on the field. If they don't, then I'm ticked off.

It's the same here. I DEMAND quality. I DEMAND a contending team from owners who've promised as much. I EXPECT a contending team.

If I don't get it, I'm frustrated. That's the reality.

You can list all the wonderful "reasons" why we suck, but that's not the point. I EXPECT this ownership and GM to do whatever is necessary and not settle.

And if they appear to be settling, I'm FRUSTRATED.
Since you're a 49er fan you should understand that rebuilding takes time. Nothing happens overnight.

EDIT: VF21 said it above better than I can.

If you expect a contending team EVERY year, no wonder you're frustrated. I've been a 49er fan forever. I saw the years of the suckage before Montana, I saw the glory years of Montana and Young, I saw the decline and now I'm viewing the attempts to crawl out of the cellar.

Am I frustrated? Nope, because I didn't expect them to become champions again without some lean years. Am I disappointed when they don't win? Well, of course, but I'm not leaping off the bandwagon OR the nearest bridge about it.

I guess that's the difference. I'm fully willing to accept that there will be years when the team just isn't as competitive as other teams in the league, no matter what the sport.

As far as the front office and the ownership "settling," I think you're making an assumption without basis in fact. You don't know that they're settling. You're assuming that because you don't know about anything that they're not doing anything. That's not necessarily true.

I think the main problem is too many fans (not necessarily you) are used to instant gratification. They cannot understand that, unlike NBA 2007 or whatever game they're currently playing, teams cannot just move players at the drop of a hat.

My only complaint about all of this is with the fan who screams about how the team hasn't lived up to his/her expectations. (Criticism is fine, we all do it but declaring blind hatred is just silly, IMHO.) Anyone who has followed the NBA for any length of team could see the problems with the Kings weren't going to be solved over night. The glory days are over, at least for now. Fans can either stick around through the lean times, or they can find a winning team to root for. That's up to them...

Sorry, but your DEMAND that the ownership and front office put a high quality product on the court (or the field) at all times just isn't realistic.

You can EXPECT the front office and ownership to do something about it, and I'm pretty sure they're more concerned about it than you give them credit for. The difference is just might be the time parameters. Change takes time - good or bad - and you can't have the instant fix in the real world.
i agree with you other than that i think this particular roster isn't going anywhere no matter how much time you give them. i don't mind sticking with a team through the losing times if they have a well thought out plan and a clear goal for the championship. this org. right now DOES NOT have that, they have a bunch of vets and a few good young players that are all basically shooting guards. we need change, this team has wasted a lot of time and delayed the inevitable and that is they have to start from scratch and that's not such a bad thing. now is the best time as far as i'm concerned, we're coming upon some great talent in the upcoming drafts and it's now or never.

Last edited:
Since you're a 49er fan you should understand that rebuilding takes time. Nothing happens overnight.

this team is NOT rebuilding. open your eyes, how many promising prospects do we really have? garcia, douby, and martin? guess what THEY'RE ALL SHOOTING GUARDS!! a rebuilding team builds on high draft picks and gains cap space by taking on expiring contracts. the idea being once you build a young core then you sign the big free agent that puts it together. much like what chicago has done with ben wallace.

this team is clueless and directionless. you can decide a direction you want to take overnight. this team has no clue what they're trying to do, they slopped together some players and prayed they'd win.

this team is NOT rebuilding. open your eyes, how many promising prospects do we really have? garcia, douby, and martin? guess what THEY'RE ALL SHOOTING GUARDS!! a rebuilding team builds on high draft picks and gains cap space by taking on expiring contracts. the idea being once you build a young core then you sign the big free agent that puts it together. much like what chicago has done with ben wallace.
It takes time, Vlade4GM. Take a deep breath. Relax. There's trades, free agency, the draft, etc. etc. etc. This team isn't a finished product.

Also, who is trading expiring contracts and draft picks for anyone? Philadelphia couldn't even get more than a $6 million expiring for Allen Iverson. You think people are itching to trade an expiring and a good draft pick for Brad or Bibby right now? I think you may need to dial down your expectations for what is possible through trades and the draft.

Last edited:
It takes time, Vlade4GM. Take a deep breath. Relax. There's trades, free agency, the draft, etc. etc. etc. This team isn't a finished product.
i'm really not interested in more of the same i.e. insignificant trades, mle signings, and middle draft picks. that's not going to get us any closer to a championship than where they are right now. if they're talking about dumping big contracts and trading for draft picks, hey i'm all for it. however right now this isn't a rebuilding team. this is a team with middle of the pack talent and middle of the pack potential. my motto is always get busy getting a championship now or get busy getting a championship down the road. this whole straddling the fence stuff is for the birds.

Last edited:
Also, who is trading expiring contracts and draft picks for anyone? Philadelphia couldn't even get more than a $6 million expiring for Allen Iverson. You think people are itching to trade an expiring and a good draft pick for Brad or Bibby right now? I think you may need to dial down your expectations for what is possible through trades and the draft.
i think you need to dial down your expectations of miller and bibby on the court. iverson is a totally different situation than is bibby and miller. also i'm not suggesting there are draft picks out there for them, just that exp. contracts or something along those lines. no point in holding on to these guys. the draft picks i'm talking more about moving artest for, he's relatively inexpensive and an all-star player, they can get a return for him. the point is basically getting rid of these players and starting anew.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i think you need to dial down your expectations of miller and bibby on the court. iverson is a totally different situation than is bibby and miller. also i'm not suggesting there are draft picks out there for them, just that exp. contracts or something along those lines. no point in holding on to these guys. the draft picks i'm talking more about moving artest for, he's relatively inexpensive and an all-star player, they can get a return for him. the point is basically getting rid of these players and starting anew.
It's December. If you can't stand to watch the next month or even until the end of the season or however long it takes, no one will blame you but don't expect a miracle overnight.

Just because you aren't seeing any results right now doesn't mean the front office and the owners aren't seriously involved in trying to do what it will take to right this ship. They aren't going to conduct their business in public and Petrie is notorious about not letting things leak to the press.

I'm just a little tired of people acting like they care about this team more than the owners and the front office. For us it's a passion or a hobby, depending upon your outlook. For the Maloofs, it's much more than that. And I'm not about to presume that Geoff Petrie has lost interest.

Last edited:
Trades have to be addressed on a case by case basis. Fine. Miller and Bibby need to go. Who do you trade them for? Who is offering an expiring contract?

I just get tired of hearing all these calls to rebuild rebuild rebuild as if it's this easy-as-pie thing you all of a sudden decide to do and then it's just one smooth road to the lottery and free agency and championship city. It's not easy. It's not pretty. It's not fast. It takes time. No GM snaps their fingers and gets expirings and draft picks. They're valuable for a reason.

And you know what, this team needs to be bad for a few seasons. Unfortunately, every time the team loses the city of Sacramento threatens mass suicide. Fans are leaving this team in droves. Just look at the threads that pop up every losing streak. The Kings now have a spoiled rotten, entitled fan base who thinks a championship contender is their birthright rather than a flash in a pan that you're lucky to see once every couple of decades.

In my opinion everyone needs to just calm down, appreciate what we have, and be patient for the next flash in the pan. The world will not end if the Kings are mediocre.

There's just something very ironic about fans talking about hating this team and how mad they are in the same breath that they're calling for a rebuild. What do you think rebuilding looks like???

It's December. If you can't stand to watch the next month or even until the end of the season or however long it takes, no one will blame you but don't expect a miracle overnight.

Just because you aren't seeing any results right now doesn't mean the front office and the owners aren't seriously involved in trying to do what it will take to right this ship. They aren't going to conduct their business in public and Petrie is notorious about not letting things leak to the press.

I'm just a little tired of people acting like they care about this team more than the owners and the front office. For us it's a passion or a hobby, depending upon your outlook. For the Maloofs, it's much more than that. And I'm not about to presume that Geoff Petrie has lost interest.
it's not like i'm expecting it overnight, i'm just saying this is what needs to be done.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
it's not like i'm expecting it overnight, i'm just saying this is what needs to be done.
And you think you're the only one who knows this? As I've said REPEATEDLY, just because you haven't seen any tangible results yet doesn't mean nothing is happening or that nothing will happen.

Hey, your signature still says we need to hire Vlade as GM so I think you're not really in a position to talk about what needs to be done.

;)

Brawl

...is what the Kings need. According to analysts, the powers-that-be in the NBA really love brawls as they create camaradarie between players. The fines are merely a drop in the bucket compared to players' salaries, ticket prices, souvenir prices, parking fees, beer and food prices. If the NBA really cared, players would at least halve their salaries and give the dwindling fan base a break. That's not likely to happen when they just have to have their Escalades (and other polluting, gas-guzzling vehicles), their "bling", expensive homes, etc. I'm rapidly losing any interest in supporting the NBA.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I just get tired of hearing all these calls to rebuild rebuild rebuild as if it's this easy-as-pie thing you all of a sudden decide to do and then it's just one smooth road to the lottery and free agency and championship city. It's not easy. It's not pretty. It's not fast. It takes time. No GM snaps their fingers and gets expirings and draft picks. They're valuable for a reason.

There's just something very ironic about fans talking about hating this team and how mad they are in the same breath that they're calling for a rebuild. What do you think rebuilding looks like???
Well said.

Trades have to be addressed on a case by case basis. Fine. Miller and Bibby need to go. Who do you trade them for? Who is offering an expiring contract?

And you know what, this team needs to be bad for a few seasons. Unfortunately, every time the team loses the city of Sacramento threatens mass suicide. Fans are leaving this team in droves. Just look at the threads that pop up every losing streak. The Kings now have a spoiled rotten, entitled fan base who thinks a championship contender is their birthright rather than a flash in a pan that you're lucky to see once every couple of decades.

In my opinion everyone needs to just calm down, appreciate what we have, and be patient for the next flash in the pan. The world will not end if the Kings are mediocre.

For lack of a better word... Word!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hate our front office(wait, no I dont-you can't hate something that's nonexistant right?)
You hate the front office? Why? You don't know the particulars of the Iverson trade discussions. You don't know what Philly wanted in exchange. You don't know what the Maloofs and Petrie talked about. You don't know if they decided, for example, the risk was simply too great or the asking price too high.

It's really interesting to me how some fans toss the "hate" word around as though they could do better. And they make these types of comments when all they're depending on is some vague UNSUBSTANTIATED rumors about what might have been on the table.

Iverson was interesting to talk about but if you really think he could change his stripes and become the perfect ANSWER to our particular problems, you are IMHO dealing in fantasyland.

ok fine, it's not easy and it's not a quick overnight process. never claimed it was, i'm just saying it's what we have to do and it's better than being mediocre every year. i'd rather the team be bad for a purpose and wait for that purpose to come about than a team be mediocre and wait for nothing. whether championships are a flash in the pan or not, they don't come out of nowhere, they're built. you have to be good enough to contend in the first place, you have to have championship talent. this team does not have that and will not gain it through middle of the pack draft picks and the MLE. it's just not going to happen. this team has no identity, no clue, and no franchise player. the teams who have those things are the teams that contend year in year out like the spurs.

the point of getting expirings for miller and bibby is two fold. that you eventually gain cap space and you get them off the team so you can rebuild. i'm sure you understand that, but i just need to emphasize that it's not all about gaining a ton of cap space. it is in a way about losing more so we can get a better pick.

anyways, i am going to calm down, but i just don't get the feeling that this org. wants to change. if they do and they end up rebuildign then that's great, even if they just try to move these guys and start over i'll be satisfied because that's the right path they need to take. because frankly i don't see this team going anywhere.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
It's really interesting to me how some fans toss the "hate" word around as though they could do better..

Then change the word hate to "dislike a lot right now".

VF21 said:
You don't know if they decided, for example, the risk was simply too great or the asking price too high.
That is the problem, their decision making has been sub par lately.

I know the asking price ended up being 2 picks that are going to be 25-30 range, I know we have a pick that would probably be a couple spots below that. I know during Mike's whole career he has been much better than Andre Miller, not only that but he's younger and has an expiring contract. I know that Williamson and Joe Smith both are expiring contracts.

You know what? Whatever I'm listening to Marc Stein on ESPN right now and he's saying AI didn't want to come to the Kings. Guess if he didn't want to be here then he didn't want to be here. Hopefully we beat that little loser on friday.

edit: And I'm not pissed that we didn't get AI, it's that we have gaping weaknesses and we're not making any moves while the team becomes apathetic and so does the fan base and we fired a HOF coach to hire this guy.

edit #2: It is just frustrating watching other teams make a move toward contender status while we don't do anything.

Last edited:
And you think you're the only one who knows this? As I've said REPEATEDLY, just because you haven't seen any tangible results yet doesn't mean nothing is happening or that nothing will happen.

Hey, your signature still says we need to hire Vlade as GM so I think you're not really in a position to talk about what needs to be done.

;)
lol! well hopefully you're right and there is something being done. if they do realize this i'll be very happy about it. maybe i'm just weird, but i don't mind watching a rebuilding team as long as there is something they're building towards. i don't like watching stagnant teams and having to listen to people constantly making excuses and demanding that i wait for nothing. i really don't mind waiting, just as long as i'm waiting for something good.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Then change the word hate to "dislike a lot right now".

That is the problem, their decision making has been sub par lately.

I know the asking price ended up being 2 picks that are going to be 25-30 range, I know we have a pick that would probably be a couple spots below that. I know during Mike's whole career he has been much better than Andre Miller, not only that but he's younger and has an expiring contract. I know that Williamson and Joe Smith both are expiring contracts.

You know what? Whatever I'm listening to Marc Stein on ESPN right now and he's saying AI didn't want to come to the Kings. Guess if he didn't want to be here then he didn't want to be here. Hopefully we beat that little loser on friday.

edit: And I'm not pissed that we didn't get AI, it's that we have gaping weaknesses and we're not making any moves while the team becomes apathetic and so does the fan base and we fired a HOF coach to hire this guy.

edit #2: It is just frustrating watching other teams make a move toward contender status while we don't do anything.
OK, first, reread the bolded items and see if you can't answer your own questions first.

Second, I wouldn't be shocked if GMs know a heck of a lot more than we do about the habits and behaviors of all the players, and character more than once has precluded teams from pursuing what otherwise appear to be talented individuals. I'm not saying that happened in this case, but just putting it out as an example of why certain teams may not go after certain players.

This isn't NBA Live 2007. This is the real world. You cannot "do anything" arbitrarily. People have personal biases, assumptions, and tendencies that affect any proposals floated for players. Great, you think KG or AI will land in our lap for certain players and picks. What if the other side doesn't see it that way? It's not a one-way street here, people.....

Well yeah I guess I did answer my own questions but it's still frustrating to watch other teams do stuff and the Kings don't do anything, have no direction, etc. But also I think it would have worked out even though AI didn't want to be here right now. But yeah the Bibby for AI deal would've been better than the Miller for AI deal. Atleast IMO. Oh well.

I think you're over-analyzing what I'm saying.

I'm a fan. I DEMAND a quality product. I invest my heart into this team.

As for the 49ers, believe me. I've been a 49er fan since the 1960's so don't tell me about down times.

I'm a fan. I'm angry at losing. It's that simple. I want to win. I want to follow a quality team. I hate being humiliated by getting blown out on our home court and having Shawn Marion giggle as he walks off the court.

Sure, sure, it takes time. I understand all that intellectually. I can sit and discuss trades and drafts until I'm bored sick. That's not the point.

I'M A FAN! In other words, it's an emotional experience! I'm not a fantasy player who could care less about teams and trade players based on stats. I'm a fan of my team and I HATE TO LOSE!

It's that simple and I have a right to be frustrated and angry. It's what being a fan means.

Yes, but the point is not that I don't understand, it's that I HATE IT!

See the difference?

You should hear the words that come out of my mouth watching a 49er game, and on Sunday no less! :rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think you're over-analyzing what I'm saying.

I'm a fan. I DEMAND a quality product. I invest my heart into this team.

As for the 49ers, believe me. I've been a 49er fan since the 1960's so don't tell me about down times.

I'm a fan. I'm angry at losing. It's that simple. I want to win. I want to follow a quality team. I hate being humiliated by getting blown out on our home court and having Shawn Marion giggle as he walks off the court.

Sure, sure, it takes time. I understand all that intellectually. I can sit and discuss trades and drafts until I'm bored sick. That's not the point.

I'M A FAN! In other words, it's an emotional experience! I'm not a fantasy player who could care less about teams and trade players based on stats. I'm a fan of my team and I HATE TO LOSE!

It's that simple and I have a right to be frustrated and angry. It's what being a fan means.
Being a fan means different things to different people. You used words like DEMAND and I replied.

I'm a fan, too, and have been just as long - and probably longer - than you have. (That's neither here nor there, BTW...)

I'm a fan, too, and I hope for a quality product but I'm realistic enough to understand that there are going to be times when that's just not going to happen. Does it make me feel any better about the losses? Nope. Do I still scream at the TV in agony? Of course. But, AS A FAN, I always retain the hope that tomorrow will be better. THAT, IMHO, is what being a fan is really about. The ability to keep watching your team because you know they need your support in the lean times as well as in the great times.

The problem I am having with the current team is that they are regressing slowly. When the Kings were notoriously bad in the 80s and 90s, they at least still had some young talent and energy to make the games fun. When the Maloofs steped in, they put together a smart, young team that was the talk of the NBA and eventually grew in to a true contender for 2 or 3 years. Then the team got stale and started to dismantle, though many great players came through in an attempt to respark things. Now we have a team that has no chemistry, is aging, and stuck with some bad contracts. The only thing that I really like about this team right now is Martin, but sadly I think it will be impossible to surround him with more bright, young talent before he has already gotten the big payday and grew on.

If the team doesn't make a big turn around (and they probably won't), I really think they need to stop making little moves to spice up the team and just dismantle it. I hope Bibby opts out after this year and Potapenko and Corliss are off the books, but that still leaves us with some long and painful contracts in Miller and Thomas. We need to dump all the contracts we can, fill up with some mediocre players, and expect to suck for a couple years. Then, with a couple decent drafts and smart FA signings, the team will actually be back in it. At least we will see the team get better over time instead of this long road to rock bottom.

Being a fan means different things to different people. You used words like DEMAND and I replied.

I'm a fan, too, and have been just as long - and probably longer - than you have. (That's neither here nor there, BTW...)

I'm a fan, too, and I hope for a quality product but I'm realistic enough to understand that there are going to be times when that's just not going to happen. Does it make me feel any better about the losses? Nope. Do I still scream at the TV in agony? Of course. But, AS A FAN, I always retain the hope that tomorrow will be better. THAT, IMHO, is what being a fan is really about. The ability to keep watching your team because you know they need your support in the lean times as well as in the great times.
I doubt you're a fan of anything longer than I've been... ;)

But, let's admit we're both oldtimers.

When did I say I don't have hope? Hope is what drives fans to stick with the same team for so many years.

I just think fans should be allowed to express themselves and their frustration without being told to "calm down" and should be allowed to express themselves in any manner they choose (within the boundaries of the forum profanity rules). :D

I don't want to calm down. I talk with other fans to commiserate over our suckiness. And then to celebrate when we win and express all our hopes for a championship.

GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The problem I am having with the current team is that they are regressing slowly. When the Kings were notoriously bad in the 80s and 90s, they at least still had some young talent and energy to make the games fun. When the Maloofs steped in, they put together a smart, young team that was the talk of the NBA and eventually grew in to a true contender for 2 or 3 years. Then the team got stale and started to dismantle, though many great players came through in an attempt to respark things. Now we have a team that has no chemistry, is aging, and stuck with some bad contracts. The only thing that I really like about this team right now is Martin, but sadly I think it will be impossible to surround him with more bright, young talent before he has already gotten the big payday and grew on.

If the team doesn't make a big turn around (and they probably won't), I really think they need to stop making little moves to spice up the team and just dismantle it. I hope Bibby opts out after this year and Potapenko and Corliss are off the books, but that still leaves us with some long and painful contracts in Miller and Thomas. We need to dump all the contracts we can, fill up with some mediocre players, and expect to suck for a couple years. Then, with a couple decent drafts and smart FA signings, the team will actually be back in it. At least we will see the team get better over time instead of this long road to rock bottom.
I honestly believe they thought they could rebuild, to a certain extent, on the fly. In addition, if Bibby and Miller weren't a major part of the suckage right now, we'd be in much better shape than we are. I don't think you can blame the front office for that part.

And now they're in between a rock and a hard place. They not only have maxed out ticket prices, but they've gone through all the DRAMA of the most recent attempt to get an arena deal done, complete with some of the most tawdry actions by a local media that I can ever recall seeing.

Sacramento fans have become spoiled. They aren't going to easily accept "expect to suck for a couple of years."

This isn't an enviable position for the team, the players, the owners, the front office, or us - the fans. Adversity can either bond people together against a common foe - or it can completely tear them apart. I think we're about to see which it will be for Sacramento.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I doubt you're a fan of anything longer than I've been... ;)

But, let's admit we're both oldtimers.

When did I say I don't have hope? Hope is what drives fans to stick with the same team for so many years.

I just think fans should be allowed to express themselves and their frustration without being told to "calm down" and should be allowed to express themselves in any manner they choose (within the boundaries of the forum profanity rules). :D

I don't want to calm down. I talk with other fans to commiserate over our suckiness. And then to celebrate when we win and express all our hopes for a championship.

GO KINGS!
I don't think I told you to calm down. And it wasn't primarily you I was referring to with most of my comments, although I do admit to being lazy and simply quoting you rather than going back and isolating a number of individual comments.

You're certainly free to express your frustrations but others are equally free (both within the boundaries you've mentioned, of course) to refute those comments if they feel so inclined. That's part of the whole message board experience.

I over-react sometimes because I think a number of the younger fans (which classificiation we've now pretty well established neither of us can
lay claim to) don't understand the big picture. They have the instant gratification thing going; they have no idea what it feels like to root for one team for 20+ (or even 45+ years in the case of the 49ers).

It's all good, Cal-Kings. I think, bottom line, is you and I have much more in common about our relative fan-ness!

:D

.... It's all good, Cal-Kings. I think, bottom line, is you and I have much more in common about our relative fan-ness!

:D
I think that's true...

And I understand what you mean. On my 49er forum, we have a couple of "kids" who only know what it's like to win. And during the game day threads, they're yelling and screaming at coaching decisions, substitutions, play calls, and are so upset.

We used to get angry at them and tell them to get some perspective, but we finally gave up when we realized they really aren't bandwagoners, they still love the team as much as we do.

Now I read their rants quickly and move on.

I was probably doing a "carry over" from my other forum as much as reacting to what you guys were saying here.