I hate this team

And i actually feel sorry for those people who waste there money just to see this team give non-effort night in and night out. if the team has forefit the season then the Maloofs need to trade everyone on this squad.

i thought last year was worse ( with Artest-less ) but this year is becoming alot worse. i'm glad this Organization has done a solid job not only putting us in the mediocrity status but the Lottery-status aswell.

We suck.

It truly is a pain to watch this team play. There is a total lack of chemistry, and a constant one on one style of play. If we are going to play one on one, atleast get some players who can actually play that way.

We need to go into rebuilding mode NOW. No reason to miss the playoffs and keep our same, horrible team.

We're in a rebuilding mode now which is why i think the Team & Organization is motivated for this years draft.

the team has quit this season there is no reason to go watch them play unless you wanna feel pain.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Man, the worst part is....As bad as this team is we're still better then half the east...Which means we wont be getting a really good pick.

Here's to free agency!

Actually, I thought we played hard. We scrapped, hustled. Didn't roll over and die until the 4th Quarter.

This team just isn't very good. We have no number 1 option, no centerpiece. Ron? No. Kevin? No. Mike? lol.

But don't say they didn't give it their all.

Where the proof we ARE in rebuilding mode? The rumors about the Iverson trade? Rumors that Bibby is on the trading block?

I really hope the Kings make some moves soon. We need to trade for picks or young players soon before the value of what we have drops to rock bottom.

I still say the Celtics have a lot of interesting talent. We should try to peel away either Jefferson, Perkins, or West...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My initial reaction was to close this thread, in response to reports by other posters... I will tentatively re-open it, but I warn those who wish to post in this thread to exercise self-restraint; if it gets too out-of-turn, it'll be closed permanently.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wonder how much of this teams problems is due to injuries and how much is due to coaching....

...And things were looking so good in preseason.

But back to the topic, I really believe we should even trade Artest away. He is a great player, though struggling on offense, but he wants to be in control of a WINNING team. When we rebuild, I highly doubt he will have the patience. We should try to trade him to a championship contender for a young, talented player or picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, we are in rebuilding mode because of a few things. First of all, we haven't traded for Iverson. Second, we are headed straight for the lottery. Third, we are rumored to be shopping Mike Bibby. Fourth, we have a crapload of expirings, meaning lots of cap room this year to work with.

Will it be enough? Can we turn it around next year?

Mav's are a great team..that's why we lost. They played a lot like the Sun's did..hitting 3's..hustling in the paint..no Martin tonight I knew it was going to be difficult. I am glad to see the Washington and Denver games coming up..

:eek:

Last edited:
I can't stand watching this team play as bad as it has. I can honestly I didn't see the team being this bad. I NEVER thought we'd be this bad... I don't think anyone else did either...

I think our first priority should be getting a young big. We have three good pieces in Artest, Bibby, and Miller, who could attract the attention of some teams willing to part with potential stars. I also think we should consider dealing Martin if it will result in us getting a young big, because a shooting guard isnt the hardest position to fill in this league, in fact, its one of the easiest.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If someone has a problem with moderation practices, they can address it with a mod via PM, or with the Administrator, also via PM. By the site owner's own edict, moderation practices will not be discussed on the board.

So try to make your remarks without the editorials.

I wonder how much of this teams problems is due to injuries and how much is due to coaching....

...And things were looking so good in preseason.
This team was obivously going to be this bad fans just choose to believe other wise. We had so many flaws this offseason we just choose not to fix them, thus the outcome was a given.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Mav's are a great team..that's why we lost. They played a lot like the Sun's did..hitting 3's..hustling in the paint..no Martin tonight I knew it was going to be difficult. I am glad to see the Washington and Denver games coming up..

:eek:
True...But that first quarter was abysmal

gunks

Hall of Famer
This team was obivously going to be this bad fans just choose to believe other wise. We had so many flaws this offseason we just choose not to fix them, thus the outcome was a given.
Dude, what are you talking about?

Petrie got us Mo Taylor didnt he? :p

Dude, what are you talking about?

Petrie got us Mo Taylor didnt he? :p
Yuck. Did Petrie seriously think that signing an old, worthless Mo Taylor would have been better than signing a young, athletic Justin Williams? I mean, Justin Williams has the potential of showing defense in rebounding and blocks. But Taylor? All he does is walk around the court confused and smoke pot.

I think our first priority should be getting a young big. We have three good pieces in Artest, Bibby, and Miller, who could attract the attention of some teams willing to part with potential stars. I also think we should consider dealing Martin if it will result in us getting a young big, because a shooting guard isnt the hardest position to fill in this league, in fact, its one of the easiest.
The only one who MIGHT be worth a potential star by him self is artest but to get one we would have to give up 2 or even all three in a trade.

This game actually wasn't that bad. We missed K mart, I think we would have a had a chance if he was there. Brad stepped up some. When Mike gets his stroke back it'll be a different team.

I can sympathize with not snapping his wrist becuase of his injury affecting his shot now that his wrist is fine.

When I broke a toe I got used to walking with my toes up for 4-6 weeks. Afterwards I actually had to concentrate on walking normally again, I had gotten used to doing it the other way.

He's at the point where he's over analyzing everytime he shoots right now. Eventually it will come back when he least expects it, and he isn't thinking about it.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yuck. Did Petrie seriously think that signing an old, worthless Mo Taylor would have been better than signing a young, athletic Justin Williams? I mean, Justin Williams has the potential of showing defense in rebounding and blocks. But Taylor? All he does is walk around the court confused and smoke pot.
Pretty much my thoughts...Justin's averaging a double double (I think he's hovering around 13 rebounds a game- almost half of those offensive) and 3 blocks.

Thats in D-League of course but still....I could see him giving us more then Taylor.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
This game actually wasn't that bad. We missed K mart, I think we would have a had a chance if he was there. Brad stepped up some. When Mike gets his stroke back it'll be a different team.

I can sympathize with not snapping his wrist becuase of his injury affecting his shot now that his wrist is fine.

When I broke a toe I got used to walking with my toes up for 4-6 weeks. Afterwards I actually had to concentrate on walking normally again, I had gotten used to doing it the other way.

He's at the point where he's over analyzing everytime he shoots right now. Eventually it will come back when he least expects it, and he isn't thinking about it.

Very true, Doc. It is now a mental thing with Bibby. He is clearly frustrated. When he relaxes and gets his normal stroke down, he will be fine.

BTW - I did not "hate this team" when they really really sucked, so I am not about to start now. Is it disappointing? Hell yes! But, hate them? Not on your life.

I can't stand watching this team play as bad as it has. I can honestly I didn't see the team being this bad. I NEVER thought we'd be this bad... I don't think anyone else did either...

guess you weren't a fan when the kings were stinking it up night and night out. this team is on a cycle where we need to unload some of the players and rebuild.

I really hate these exuses for bibby, if he is injured stay on the bench he is really killing us out there. And even if you are having a bad shooting night please try to do something to make it up like drive to the hole, make the good pass, rebound, try harder on D, do something other then chucking up shoots. I am just tried these of these exuses, if your getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport and your struggling at least show your all around game.

Last edited:
I really hate these exuses for bibby, if he is injured stay on the bench he is really killing us out there. And even if you are having a bad shooting night please try to do something to make it up like drive to the hole, make the good pass, rebound, try harder on D, do something other then chucking up shoots. I am just tried these of these exuses, if your getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport and your struggling at least show your all around game.
It's not an excuse. HE isn't hurt. He explained himself before the game. When he was hurt he told himself not to snap his follow through to hard, because it would hurt. Now he's messed up his stroke.

I explained the scenario with the time that I broke my toe. If you've never had anything like that happen you won't understand, or you just dont' want to hear it. Either way it's very real.

this team was put together with NO VISION. it was just slopped together, no idea in mind by the FO. Anyone who is against totally rebuilding at this point just wants instant gratification and doesn't want to accept the inevitable. being middle of the pack and just missing the playoffs every year is the WORST situation to be in for an NBA team IMO. The goal should ALWAYS be a championship and this team is not championship caliber, not now not three years from now. do we really expect douby, garcia, and martin to save us or something? we don't have a franchise player, calling artest one is laughable. very good player, but ok offensive player only. this team needs to trade bibby and miller for expiring contracts and maybe a pick if they can get one and then trade artest for a good young player and 1st round pick(s). the draft class over the next two years is VERY rich and we should be looking to make a comeback that way. this bandaid crap DOESN'T WORK!!!

Not sure if I "hate" this team, but they definitely do suck. They suck badly. If there was another word that was suckier than suck, I would use that to describe their play.

I used to watch every game I recorded all the way through, without checking the internet for the score. Now I just come home, look at the score on the internet, and then decide if it's worth watching or not. I watched the entire game tonight in less than five minutes.:cool: