I hate this team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VF21 said:
Sacramento fans have become spoiled. They aren't going to easily accept "expect to suck for a couple of years."
what's the alternative though? sucking only half the time for the next five years?
Look again. I said they aren't going to EASILY accept the proposition of sucking for a couple of years to get better. And that's true for a lot of fans, especially the younger ones who haven't lived through bad times before.

It isn't a matter of an alternative, IMHO. We ARE going to suck for a while, unless Petrie is able to pull off the deal of the century for player(s) that will immediately vault us back into top contention. I think the odds of that are about the same as me winning last Saturday's lotto (and I didn't buy any tickets).

It isn't a matter of an alternative, IMHO. We ARE going to suck for a while, unless Petrie is able to pull off the deal of the century for player(s) that will immediately vault us back into top contention. I think the odds of that are about the same as me winning last Saturday's lotto (and I didn't buy any tickets).
I totally agree (man this thread really took off after I went to sleep today), anyways....

Somethings while everyone is demanding quality. We haven't had a top 10 pick in a long time, after a while that can hurt a team. I am actually surprised we stayed in the playoffs for as long as we did. Of course I don't think you can soley rebuild in the draft, I think thats one of the better chances at getting that superstar level player these days. To do that you have to be in the Lottery, something we haven't seen in years.

I have no problem with people ... I wouldn't say demanding but wanting a quality product. All I want is owners that want to win. If they want to win then eventually things will / should work out. May not be at a lightning fast pace but just show me they care. I think the Maloofs want nothing more then to win a ring so I am not worried about there commitment to putting out a quality product.

And you know what, this team needs to be bad for a few seasons. Unfortunately, every time the team loses the city of Sacramento threatens mass suicide. Fans are leaving this team in droves. Just look at the threads that pop up every losing streak. The Kings now have a spoiled rotten, entitled fan base who thinks a championship contender is their birthright rather than a flash in a pan that you're lucky to see once every couple of decades.

In my opinion everyone needs to just calm down, appreciate what we have, and be patient for the next flash in the pan. The world will not end if the Kings are mediocre.

There's just something very ironic about fans talking about hating this team and how mad they are in the same breath that they're calling for a rebuild. What do you think rebuilding looks like???
I'm waving my autographed mateen towel at the screen RIGHT NOW. :D Kids these days with their viddymagame machines with the reset button on it. So yeah, I saw a mock draft today that had us taking Josh McRoberts at #10...I'm not real up on all the prospects yet but I thought the #10 was a sign of real progress. :)

Actually, I thought we played hard. We scrapped, hustled. Didn't roll over and die until the 4th Quarter.

This team just isn't very good. We have no number 1 option, no centerpiece. Ron? No. Kevin? No. Mike? lol.

But don't say they didn't give it their all.
I agree completely. I also agree with you putting Monkey in your name.