Hornets Want To Keep Bowen, But Not Bonzi?

Ouch I bet he is regretting not signing that contract with the Kings. Going from a starter to a journeyman bench player. It gets worse from here because I doubt a European team would offer him a contract. His game does not really translate over seas.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/?/base/sports-3/1216877981216820.xml&coll=1

It's not likely the Hornets will re-sign Wells, but Bowen might be extended an offer. Bowen, who said he wants to return, worked a camp for the Hornets this week. He averaged 1.6 points in the playoffs, playing in nine games. He made the roster last season as a free agent.

Are you kidding me?

Ryan-freakin'-Bowen over Bonzi Wells?

Ryan looks so lost on the court I seriously cannot even comprehend how he's in the NBA.

Wow... sorry Bonzi tough luck, you could've signed with us.

Would be a good pick for Celts. Would give them the tough guy they lost in Posey. The Posey signing would probably have been an added reason to not keep him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ouch indeed. That has to be a character/chemistry-based decision; they couldn't possibly prefer Bowen to Wells based on talent.

Bonzi's game looked ill suited to the csheme in New Orleans after the trade, and the couching staff did not seem how to get much out of him. This is really not a shocker to me at least.

Lakers and Celtics could both be in play.

Are you kidding me?

Ryan-freakin'-Bowen over Bonzi Wells?

Ryan looks so lost on the court I seriously cannot even comprehend how he's in the NBA.

Wow... sorry Bonzi tough luck, you could've signed with us.

exactly.
Bonzi and Artest looked like a sick set of bash brothers a season back, he def screwed that one up..

Any chance we bring Bonzi back?I don't remember him having some really good games in NO,maybe I am wrong.Still,he is much better player than Bowen.

At this point, I don't think I'd want Bonzi back. Kings have a different coach, hopefully are moving in a new, younger direction and I hope Ron's gone soon.

Bonzi and his agent really screwed up, though.

Bonzi's game looked ill suited to the csheme in New Orleans after the trade, and the couching staff did not seem how to get much out of him. This is really not a shocker to me at least.
So why doesn't Byron Scott call up his old friend Rick Adelman and get some pointers? Bonzi Wells could have won that series for the Hornets, but instead Jannero Pargo was the night in dull armor.

What happened to Byron Scott?

So why doesn't Byron Scott call up his old friend Rick Adelman and get some pointers? Bonzi Wells could have won that series for the Hornets, but instead Jannero Pargo was the night in dull armor.

He seemed to have a similar issue with a player (and the spurs) as Nets HC, in reference to the Mutumbo situation...
He may put the good of his ego ahead of the good of his team... this may be a pattern...

Because apparently, Adelman doesn't have any answer anymore either. Prorbably, the reason why Rockets traded him.

Because apparently, Adelman doesn't have any answer anymore either. Prorbably, the reason why Rockets traded him.
The Rockets didn't need him. They needed a point guard, and the trade was a reunion of two guys (Adelman and Bobby Jackson) who were both at the top of their games the last time they were together. Good trade for the Rockets, whether Bonzi was contributing or not, which he was, averaging nine points, five rebounds and a steal in 51 games with the Rockets.

And considering the terror Bonzi was for the Kings against the Spurs in '06, Adelman definitely would have pulled more than four points a game out of him in the playoffs. Scott just didn't know how to use him, and decided to go with Pargo instead.