Hope

Don't get me wrong, I was very upset upon hearing the news that Malone was let go (essentially throwing away this season), but there is still hope. The team was playing excellent ball with Malone at the helm and with a healthy Cousins. There's no question the talent on this time has the potential to compete.

When looking up and down our roster, one thing assured me. We are close to having a finalized roster. There are obviously players that need/can be shed, but I believe our core roster is very close to being completed. Have a look below.

PG - Collison/McCallum
SG - McLemore/Stauskas
SF - Gay/Casspi
PF - ???/Landry/Moreland
C - Cousins/Thompson

This team is one starting PF away from being a very, very solid team and here's why...

Cousins, Gay, McLemore, and Collison are easy to explain. All have gelled very well in the starting lineup and compliment each other well. Cousins and Gay are a formidable 1-2 punch who can punish people close to the basket. McLemore is already a 3 and d player who doesn't take the ball out of the hands of our two best players. Collison is a good defensive PG who can stretch the floor with his shot. Not to mention he knows his role and defers to the two main guys. However, he picks his spots very well and can put up points if his team needs it. I can see these 4 playing together for awhile and developing excellent chemistry. The question is, who is the PF that fits into the mold?

This offseason, we'll have approximately 11 mil dollars in cap space. D. Jordan, K. O'Quinn, & Milsap could all be targets with that money. Jordan would serve as our defensive anchor and protect the rim and rebound at a high rate. Milsap would serve as our third go-to scorer who would help relieve even more pressure off Cousins & Gay while having the ability to stretch the floor with his three ball. O'Quinn comes in as a bit of a hybrid. Is a good defender, shotblocker, rebounder who is a good passer and shooter. All three could slot in nicely next to Cousins.

If we grab a guy like O'Quinn and resign Casspi, it's up to our young guys to keep developing and grow into the roles I think they can play. McCallum and Stauskas are the biggest question marks, but if they can develop and become more than serviceable players off the bench, this team gets even more dangerous. Just think 2 seasons from now what the team above (with O'Quinn included) will be like?
  • A steady, unselfish, defensive PG who can spread the floor (Collison)
  • A 3 and D SG who has continued his development and learned the ability to take his man off the dribble (making him even more dangerous offensively) (McLemore)
  • A SF who is a solid #2 scorer who scores at an efficient clip (Gay)
  • A PF who can defend post, rebound, block shots, pass, and spread the floor out to the three point line (O'Quinn)
  • A franchise, dominant C who is a true #1 option that anchors the defense and dominates the board. (Cousins)
  • A backup PG who can score, play D, run the offense, and spread the floor (McCallum)
  • A backup sixth man SG who can handle the ball, run the pick and roll, play-make, and spread the floor (Stauskas)
  • A backup SF who hustles and puts points up in bunches by attacking the paint (Casspi)
  • A backup PF who is able to keep a low post presence when Cousins and who can provide great bench scoring (Landry)
  • A backup C who can do a little bit of everything while being versatile (Thompson)
Some might not be too excited by this roster, but with a starting PF added, progression of our young guys (Cousins, McLemore, O'Quinn, Stauskas, & McCallum), and the time to develop chemistry, this team could be very strong.

Again, even though the coaching situation has been a disaster this season, I have hope after looking at the current personnel and the potential that could be.

I fear the front office has thrown away the momentum and good energy that was being build here. I think FA's look at us now and say no thanks. While I agree with you that we are a quality PF away from being a much better team I think now it's going to have to be via trade. Out of the players listed in the original post I think Millsap is the most possible and best fit for the team but it's going to cost every penny of that cap space to get him but it would be worth it considering JT & Sessions fall off the books AFTER next season leaving the cap again flexible. As for "hope'" yea i still have some. I hope Vivek see's through PDA and fires him. I hope Nik is a NBA player because right now he's not showing much of anything and looks like he can't keep up with the athletes at this level. Look for PDA to try and make a deal before the deadline and I HOPE he doesn't it up!

I'd keep JT in the starting lineup for both skill set and chemistry reasons. He was part of a really efficient starting unit. We just need another young big man 6'11+ who can play both C and PF and can come off of the bench to prepare for the departure of our beloved old guys (Evans, Landry) as well as the journeyman (Hollins). He would help replace what will be lost when those guys leave. We already have Moreland, and I really hope he is working hard, because he's another big man we can utilize in the future.

I disagree with some of the above, but I agree that another big is the most obvious upgrade. Interestingly, there are a ton of big men on the free agency market next year. A few of the most interesting, not including those likely to pick up options or have their options picked up, include:

Gasol (current salary, for reference, $16.6 million)
Love (who knows what happens there-- $ 16 million)
Hibbert (has $15 million option, I could see him opting out for long term deal)
Jordan ($11.4 million)
Millsap ( $9.5 million)
Perkins (just kidding! or am I...?)
Asik ($8.3 million)
Kanter ($7.4 million QO, restricted--not sure what Utah does here with emergence of Gobert)
Amir Johnson ($7 million)
R. Lopez ($6.1 million)
Monroe (5.4 million)
B. Wright ($5 million)
Koufos ($3 million)
D. Green (almost didn't include him since the Warriors have the ability to match, I believe)
O'Quinn (Sham also shows him restricted?)
Ed Davis ($1.1 million player option, I think he opts out)
Dalembert (min)
Aldrich (min)

Lots of rim protection on the market. Lots of players on good teams that may be unlikely to move. Desperate teams with big pockets (Knicks). Will be interesting.

If I had to guess who we're going to spend our $$$ on, though, it's someone not on this list: Thad Young.

Aaah that cap space would have been great if we kept to the plan and had a 42-48 win season. DMC getting all nba teams and malone getting coach of the year considerations. Now with an owner that gets clowned on on every network and a rookie coach (Mullin) we will have to over pay for FA.

Here's what the Kings need to compete (in no particular order):

A consistent coach/system
Constant defensive effort
A scoring guard off the bench
A high quality PF, ideally a shotblocker/weakside defender
A "stretch 4" off the bench
An organization that allows things to grow and that is in step with the coach

Honestly, the Kings aren't that far from competing for a playoff spot.

I don't think we are solid at PG. I'm still not really 100% on Ray. Him and Nik are he at this point.

I think we should not trade JT. He's very valuable to this team and he'd be a great back up C if we bring in a better PF.

I think Amir Johnson would be a good fit here

Roster-wise plan should be:
1. Spend, whatever sap space is, on a starting quality big, that complements Boogie.
2. Use room MLE for a backup PG.
3. Sign draft pick
4. Sign a combo-guard or a swingman for depth for minimum or, if there's space left after step #1, for whatever is left under Salary Cap.
5. Don't re-sign Derrick Williams. There are better player in D-League, but they are much worse dunkers though.

K

KingMilz

I would love to get Corey Joseph as the back up PG here, that guy has improved out of sight his penetration and finishing ability is some of the best from the PG spot which is saying something and he hustles all the time.

As far as PF the only two undersized PF's I would want are Draymond Green (high IQ and dude just makes play after play) and Paul Milsap (insane skills and passes the ball).

Any player we can get that plays hard and has a good understanding of the game is basically an upgrade since we are badly short on both.

Jeff Van Gundy said something in today's telecast on ESPN and he said something similar in regards how to fix New York he basically said go out there and get guys who play hard and specifically mentioned guys like Wes Mattews/Draygod/Jimmy Butler.

I disagree with some of the above, but I agree that another big is the most obvious upgrade. Interestingly, there are a ton of big men on the free agency market next year. A few of the most interesting, not including those likely to pick up options or have their options picked up, include:

Gasol (current salary, for reference, $16.6 million)
Love (who knows what happens there-- $ 16 million)
Hibbert (has $15 million option, I could see him opting out for long term deal)
Jordan ($11.4 million)
Millsap ( $9.5 million)
Perkins (just kidding! or am I...?)
Asik ($8.3 million)
Kanter ($7.4 million QO, restricted--not sure what Utah does here with emergence of Gobert)
Amir Johnson ($7 million)
R. Lopez ($6.1 million)
Monroe (5.4 million)
B. Wright ($5 million)
Koufos ($3 million)
D. Green (almost didn't include him since the Warriors have the ability to match, I believe)
O'Quinn (Sham also shows him restricted?)
Ed Davis ($1.1 million player option, I think he opts out)
Dalembert (min)
Aldrich (min)

Lots of rim protection on the market. Lots of players on good teams that may be unlikely to move. Desperate teams with big pockets (Knicks). Will be interesting.

If I had to guess who we're going to spend our $$$ on, though, it's someone not on this list: Thad Young.
At first glance i immediately noticed Aldrich at the bottom of the list. My eyes went straight to him. Out of this list its B.Wright and Aldrich for me. Sign both of them and then you have plenty of versatility in the front court along with valuable trade pieces. I really feel that we would greatly benefit from have a large, capable backup center. I really liked Aldrich when we had him and feel that he went mostly overlooked. The guy did all of the things you would want from a physical, space eating, backup center. I would really love to be able to have a front court rotation of Cousins/Thompson/Wright. Thompson for his man defense and floor running and Wright for his helpside defense/floor running. You would have an exceptional defensive front court on the floor whenever Wright is playing. If it wasnt for our team being run by basketball idiots (Vivek & Pete) this team could become an unstoppable force fairly quickly.

We're really back to the "It's JT's fault" BS again? I mean really after everything that has happened in the last couple weeks, we're seriously going back to blaming JT again?

Once upon a time in a land far far away, the Kings looked promising. Jumping out of the gate as a solid playoff candidate. The only problem was that there was this bad, bad man who was leading them and making them play this despicable thing called "defense". While that terrible, awful man was forcing the team to play the "D" word, there was a beautiful flower named JT who was flourishing. Shutting down some of the top PF's in the league. Holding All-Star PF's to way below their career averages. JT was an absolute diamond in the rough for a team that lacked players that play that ridiculously boring "D" word. And wouldn't you know it? The Kings had their first winning record in ages. The fans were bright with spirit and everything was going to be A-OK in Kings land, for us fans we're finally freed from our decade long imprisonment. Everyone lived happily ever after. The end.

We're really back to the "It's JT's fault" BS again? I mean really after everything that has happened in the last couple weeks, we're seriously going back to blaming JT again?

Once upon a time in a land far far away, the Kings looked promising. Jumping out of the gate as a solid playoff candidate. The only problem was that there was this bad, bad man who was leading them and making them play this despicable thing called "defense". While that terrible, awful man was forcing the team to play the "D" word, there was a beautiful flower named JT who was flourishing. Shutting down some of the top PF's in the league. Holding All-Star PF's to way below their career averages. JT was an absolute diamond in the rough for a team that lacked players that play that ridiculously boring "D" word. And wouldn't you know it? The Kings had their first winning record in ages. The fans were bright with spirit and everything was going to be A-OK in Kings land, for us fans we're finally freed from our decade long imprisonment. Everyone lived happily ever after. The end.
Preach!!!! Unfortunately the clowns running us to the ground will trade him cause he isn't flashy.

Roster-wise plan should be:
1. Spend, whatever sap space is, on a starting quality big, that complements Boogie.
2. Use room MLE for a backup PG.
3. Sign draft pick
4. Sign a combo-guard or a swingman for depth for minimum or, if there's space left after step #1, for whatever is left under Salary Cap.
5. Don't re-sign Derrick Williams. There are better player in D-League, but they are much worse dunkers though.
Oh we are gonna resign DWill you just need to hope we don't give him the Max

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Don't get me wrong, I was very upset upon hearing the news that Malone was let go (essentially throwing away this season), but there is still hope. The team was playing excellent ball with Malone at the helm and with a healthy Cousins. There's no question the talent on this time has the potential to compete.

When looking up and down our roster, one thing assured me. We are close to having a finalized roster. There are obviously players that need/can be shed, but I believe our core roster is very close to being completed. Have a look below.

PG - Collison/McCallum
SG - McLemore/Stauskas
SF - Gay/Casspi
PF - ???/Landry/Moreland
C - Cousins/Thompson

This team is one starting PF away from being a very, very solid team and here's why...

Cousins, Gay, McLemore, and Collison are easy to explain. All have gelled very well in the starting lineup and compliment each other well. Cousins and Gay are a formidable 1-2 punch who can punish people close to the basket. McLemore is already a 3 and d player who doesn't take the ball out of the hands of our two best players. Collison is a good defensive PG who can stretch the floor with his shot. Not to mention he knows his role and defers to the two main guys. However, he picks his spots very well and can put up points if his team needs it. I can see these 4 playing together for awhile and developing excellent chemistry. The question is, who is the PF that fits into the mold?

This offseason, we'll have approximately 11 mil dollars in cap space. D. Jordan, K. O'Quinn, & Milsap could all be targets with that money. Jordan would serve as our defensive anchor and protect the rim and rebound at a high rate. Milsap would serve as our third go-to scorer who would help relieve even more pressure off Cousins & Gay while having the ability to stretch the floor with his three ball. O'Quinn comes in as a bit of a hybrid. Is a good defender, shotblocker, rebounder who is a good passer and shooter. All three could slot in nicely next to Cousins.

If we grab a guy like O'Quinn and resign Casspi, it's up to our young guys to keep developing and grow into the roles I think they can play. McCallum and Stauskas are the biggest question marks, but if they can develop and become more than serviceable players off the bench, this team gets even more dangerous. Just think 2 seasons from now what the team above (with O'Quinn included) will be like?
  • A steady, unselfish, defensive PG who can spread the floor (Collison)
  • A 3 and D SG who has continued his development and learned the ability to take his man off the dribble (making him even more dangerous offensively) (McLemore)
  • A SF who is a solid #2 scorer who scores at an efficient clip (Gay)
  • A PF who can defend post, rebound, block shots, pass, and spread the floor out to the three point line (O'Quinn)
  • A franchise, dominant C who is a true #1 option that anchors the defense and dominates the board. (Cousins)
  • A backup PG who can score, play D, run the offense, and spread the floor (McCallum)
  • A backup sixth man SG who can handle the ball, run the pick and roll, play-make, and spread the floor (Stauskas)
  • A backup SF who hustles and puts points up in bunches by attacking the paint (Casspi)
  • A backup PF who is able to keep a low post presence when Cousins and who can provide great bench scoring (Landry)
  • A backup C who can do a little bit of everything while being versatile (Thompson)
Some might not be too excited by this roster, but with a starting PF added, progression of our young guys (Cousins, McLemore, O'Quinn, Stauskas, & McCallum), and the time to develop chemistry, this team could be very strong.

Again, even though the coaching situation has been a disaster this season, I have hope after looking at the current personnel and the potential that could be.
I agree with most of your post. Probably not a good idea to be positive about much of anything right now, but your right about the foursome of Cuz, Gay, McLemore and Collison. We need the right fit next to Cousins at the PF position, and JT isn't the long term answer. Personally, I don't think Millsap is the right fit. I like Milsap, but we have enough scorers in the starting lineup that demand the ball already, and Milsap is a scorer. If that's what we want, then just start Landry who is Millsap light. What I would add is that we need a legitimate backup center, and I would prefer a young one that we can develop. Right now there's a huge drop off whenever Cousins goes out of the game, and especially when he has to miss a game. I don't expect anyone to replace him, but someone that's not a liability, and eventually a positive contributor would be nice.

With the current roster, the obvious choice for the backup center spot, if a replacement starting PF can be found would be JT. However from everything I've read, its apparent that JT is not in the teams future, and possibly, could be part of any trade that brings his replacement. So looking at our bench, which has been inconsistent at best, I'd say we need a bit of help. We need a backup center. We have Landry as the backup PF, but is he really the long term answer? Is Casspi the long term answer as the back up SF? Lets assume that Stauskas is the answer at SG. And that McCallum is the answerr at PG. I'm more sold on Stauskas than I'am McCallum, but I can see the potential, and both are young. I like what Casspi brings, but I'm not sold on him as the long term answer. On a championship team, I see Omri more as a backup to the backup than I do as the prime backup SF off the bench. In other words, I like what he brings, the energy and aggressiveness, but he has some holes in his game. I want him on my team, but as a nice fall back guy I can plug in to a lot of situations.

I think Landry is a nice solid player that on certain nights can come in and give you a quick 10 or so points. But defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. He's a little undersized, but more importantly, he's not as athletic as a lot of the other undersized PF's in the league. How many shots does one of the Morris twins have to hit before you decide to guard him. Why can't you defend the pick and roll after this many years in the league? Once again, I think Landry would be a nice backup to our backup. Unfortunately he's being paid backup money. So in my humble opinion, he needs to go. And there are some competitive teams that could use him far better than we can. Anyway, I see a few more holes than you do, but mine aren't as glaring. But when your bench gets outscored by the other teams bench night after night, something needs to change.

Last edited:
Every time I read or see the word "hope", I want to vomit. "Hope" doesn't exist. We Kings fans have relied on "Hope" and maybe even more so "faith" for the past 30 years. Outside of 8 or 9 of those years, we've gotten squat for our support.

Hope is another word similar to patience. I seriously don't want to hear it anymore. I'm tired of analyzing (bleep) on paper and saying the team will be or can be good. What on Earth could even remotely be convince anybody that this team can do that? Bad chemistry, no interest in playing defense, lack of leadership, questionable vision, no real plan that anybody is aware of, and nothing but speculation and frustration from the fans.

Hope? Nah.

My hope for the Kings:
1. Convince Vivek to hire the best available front office people and then "let them do their jobs". He doesn't know enough about basketball to get involved.
2. Fire Pete and get the best GM you could find and let them do their job.
3. Let the new GM hire the best available coach (who stresses good offense and good team defense)...maybe George Karl. And get it done NOW. That Corbin has lost the players is soooo evident in the disenchanted locker room.
4. For the team: Acquire a decent backup center....Aldrich? Get a PF with fire in his belly who can be a rim protector and have a good low post game, maybe someone like O'Quinn. Get a stretch 4 backup, someone like an Anderson. Get a decent backup PG (I don't think that McCallum is the long range answer). Get a SG who can play D...someone like Afflolo until Stauskas beefs up and learns the league.

The most important of these is #1 thru #3. The player acquisitions might have to happen over several years. If #1 thru #3 happen soon, then I have some hope. Without them happening, apathy is slowly creeping in.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
When you are a Kings fan...the only thing that keeps you going is hope because we know that this franchise has been through way too many lows and not enough highs and when we get highs...we cling on to them for dear life and never let go and always ask when will see that again. It sounds like insanity to me...good ol' Albert.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Every time I read or see the word "hope", I want to vomit. "Hope" doesn't exist. We Kings fans have relied on "Hope" and maybe even more so "faith" for the past 30 years. Outside of 8 or 9 of those years, we've gotten squat for our support.

Hope is another word similar to patience. I seriously don't want to hear it anymore. I'm tired of analyzing (bleep) on paper and saying the team will be or can be good. What on Earth could even remotely be convince anybody that this team can do that? Bad chemistry, no interest in playing defense, lack of leadership, questionable vision, no real plan that anybody is aware of, and nothing but speculation and frustration from the fans.

Hope? Nah.
Well, I have a suggestion for you. If you truly have no hope or faith, and your tired of hearing other people analyse what should be done to make the team better, then don't come on the forum. I mean, that's what we do here, and if we have no hope at all, then why even root for the team. While I agree that things seem pretty grim right now, it was just a few games ago that everything seemed optimistic. Things can change in a hurry in the NBA. People can realize their mistakes. If I didn't have hope that the Kings would eventually find their way out of this mess, I'd start watching the Warriors, a team I used to follow before the Kings arrived in town. At least I got one world championship with them.

Well, I have a suggestion for you. If you truly have no hope or faith, and your tired of hearing other people analyse what should be done to make the team better, then don't come on the forum. I mean, that's what we do here, and if we have no hope at all, then why even root for the team. While I agree that things seem pretty grim right now, it was just a few games ago that everything seemed optimistic. Things can change in a hurry in the NBA. People can realize their mistakes. If I didn't have hope that the Kings would eventually find their way out of this mess, I'd start watching the Warriors, a team I used to follow before the Kings arrived in town. At least I got one world championship with them.
A few games ago everything seemed optimistic? Are you freaking kidding me? Why, becuase they beat a five win Minnesota and New York teams, and beat a checked out OKC team? Here's my suggestion for you: Stop drinking the purple kool-aid. If you can't accept that folks are tired of this non-sense, than the problem is YOU, not me. The FACT is that this team IS NOT as good as the record indicates. The FACT is that they aren't focused, NOT working together for a common goal, and certainly not looking to improve. Oh, and there's this little issue of playing defense too. Ty Corbin is a good guy placed in an impossible situation that not even the IMF can get him out of cleanly.

I've sat here for 30 years and gone through this crap year after year after year and I won't abandon the Kings because of it, but at the same time I (along with many others) also won't remain silent any longer while kool-aid drinkers try to blow sunshine up everybodys ass then tell everybody the problem is us because we DARE to criticize. This team NEEDS to be criticized and management NEEDS to be held accountable. You can fool yourself with all the metrics and non-sense you want, but the proof is in the pudding on the floor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm having trouble having hope right now, too. Should I also quit posting?

Sorry, bajaden, but people from both ends of the spectrum and the middle are all suffering some kinds of anxiety. I can and do go from one extreme to the other during one possession of the ball.

To me, saying you'll go back to being a Warriors fan is personally much more objectionable than someone saying they don't have any hope for the Kings right now.

Right now, at least fans are still talking about their lack of faith, or hope, or whatever. The real problem is going to be when, like a few years ago, people just quit talking period. Love and hate are strong emotions that prove people are feeling something. Apathy is the last thing we or the Kings want. I'd hate to see that shiny new arena with nobody in the stands.

Hope? Nah.
I don't know if I agree with you, but that reminded me of this...

From Avatar: The Last Airbender...

Aang: The monks used to say that hope was just a distraction, so maybe we do need to abandon it.
Katara: What are you talking about?
Aang: Hope is not going to get us into Ba Sing Se and it's not going to help find Appa. We need to focus on what we're doing right now and that's getting across this path.

Right now I don't think any free agent would want to join the Kings. But we have to try. I would throw some money at Millsap. He isn't Carl Landry light. He is a bit undersized, but that's basically the only similarity. Millsap is a good defender, has great hands, can block shots, is a great athlete, can space the floor, is an average rebounder and can attack from the dribble.
But most importantly he is a willing passer and moves well without the ball.
He is the perfect fit for the Kings, if we keep Jt to stop those bigger Pf's.
But he is playing for a successful team and will attract quite a few teams in the coming fa.

A lot will depend on the next guy that PDA hires as coach. Like you say, there is a lot of opportunity next offseason to pick up a really good piece in free agency, but who would want to come here without a long-term coach? PDA absolutely has to get the next coaching hire right, someone who can coach both offense and defense and command the respect of the roster. It doesn't look like Corbin is that guy. Otherwise the Malone firing will be a lateral move wasting an entire season at best, or setting the franchise back years at worst.

I like to add, that a decent GM should be able to find some pieces, that are overlooked by the majority of the league - especially 3andD guys. Players like Robert Covington or Danny Green, who might need some more time to figure it out. If we aren't able to attract the marquee FA, we have to aim for the guys everybody has given up on and try to develop them.
I like those underdog or zero to hero stories. :)

I tried to do something constructive with my post, but have now been told there's no point. I agree with baja. This place has become too much. I understand people are frustrated and need to vent, but must every thread devolve into that? Even one titled "hope"? I'm taking a break.

... I like what Casspi brings, but I'm not sold on him as the long term answer. On a championship team, I see Omri more as a backup to the backup than I do as the prime backup SF off the bench. In other words, I like what he brings, the energy and aggressiveness, but he has some holes in his game. I want him on my team, but as a nice fall back guy I can plug in to a lot of situations.
I'm not sure either (honestly),
but here's a cool piece of stats about him:

So far this year Casspi is ranked 1st among all SFs in the league (!!) in FG%
(source: basketball-reference.com)

Actually, it has much to do with the fact that he is almost not shooting any 3's this year, but slashes to the rim all the time. Still, it's quite nice to see... :)

If you check the full FG% ranking table (source: stats.nba.com) - Omri is 25th in the NBA for anyone with over 100 FG attempts, and everyone above him on the list is a big man (C/PF), except for 2 guards: Andre Miller (WAS), and Corey Joseph (SAS).

I do hope we get him back tonight...

With Casspi, its always a question of can he sustain it for the entire season. Plenty of times in the past he started the season off well but towards the end of the season, he is glued to the bench.

What he was doing before getting injured this season was career best for him and it was always a case of can he keep it up for long enough.

I can't believe I missed this whole thread. I am pretty much with the OP, although I do not see the head coaching situation as being a disaster, an atrocity, a catastrophe or anything of the like.

I see a whole lot of positives with this team. Our Big 3 are pretty darn solid, they just need some help. They have too much weight on their shoulders at the moment. In addition to a PF, I think we need a deadly shooter - someone who can really extend the defense and make a 3 point threat. If we had our own Korver or Beal our offense would be significantly better IMO.

The good news is that we have a new excited owner with plenty of money that he is willing to spend. To me, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives with this franchise right now.