Harry Giles thread back on track ;)

Harry's NBA Ceiling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the best thing that can happen for a Hary right now. there is no way he gets better playing garbage minutes at the end of the bench and watching entire another season of NBA playing front of him that's very little educational value at this point dude is watch more then enough NBA basketball. practice is nice scrimmages are better by the end of the day the only way to get better playing games is too freaking play games. sometime down in the 209 will give him much-needed playtime confidence as a starter problem most likely and shake off a butt load of rust that should never have accumulated on a man so young and talented. In other words this s*** ain't over.

He looked very good in the highlights and as always you can tell Harry is very skilled.

The big problem with Harry Giles that I continually see is that he plays very "robotic". I think some of this is due to fear about being injured again. He doesn't play free, easy, and fluid......almost all of his moves formulaic like he's thinking too much. It's almost as if he is doing a workout for a team or teaching kids proper form in basketball. It looks textbook but it doesn't look real natural.

He has played one healthy season in the last 6 years, in high school. The expectations to contribute this year were a bit much.
He still might! This is an ultra talented guy. He showed promise in the summer league and now G-league. Everyone raves about him in practice. At this moment he's dominating semi pro talent. Not bad for so many years off.

He literally just needs to be playing the game without the pressure of hurting this current new “win now” team.

Considering his age and the front court depth this team has right now we can just consider this year an actual red shirt year. Theres no reason to rush his development. I truly think we have a future star level talent here. He's just gonna need to time to get used to actually playing and let all that built up frustration and overflowing emotions get under control.

That #1 ranked talent is still in there. He's just been through so much for being 20yrs old. Also I think a huge factor in his game right now is just trust in his body. If he can stay in one piece this year I think we will see him better use his strength and athleticism. He will be more into jumping and banging down low as time goes on. He (rightfully so) just looks hesitant to push it all the way.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He still might! This is an ultra talented guy. He showed promise in the summer league and now G-league. Everyone raves about him in practice. At this moment he's dominating semi pro talent. Not bad for so many years off.

He literally just needs to be playing the game without the pressure of hurting this current new “win now” team.

Considering his age and the front court depth this team has right now we can just consider this year an actual red shirt year. Theres no reason to rush his development. I truly think we have a future star level talent here. He's just gonna need to time to get used to actually playing and let all that built up frustration and overflowing emotions get under control.

That #1 ranked talent is still in there. He's just been through so much for being 20yrs old. Also I think a huge factor in his game right now is just trust in his body. If he can stay in one piece this year I think we will see him better use his strength and athleticism. He will be more into jumping and banging down low as time goes on. He (rightfully so) just looks hesitant to push it all the way.
Yeah. That highlight reel from his game in Stockton showed that he is still capable of skying for the dunk but he seems mostly ground bound out of fear/ overthinking. I think the only way he ever gets better on that front is more playing time (the only way a kids stops being afraid of the water is more time in the pool). But once he realizes he's still got it, watch out.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah I think Harry is the next Bjelica whereas Marvin’s game is more like WCS. Harry just has to stop worrying someone will roll into his knee. He seems fearful in traffic.
Easier said than done, which anyone that's had a knee injury will tell you. Of course your right, but it just takes time for the confidence to build that you can trust your knee's to hold up. Only way for that to happen is to do what he's doing right now. A few more games like that and he'll be back with the parent club before you know it.

Easier said than done, which anyone that's had a knee injury will tell you. Of course your right, but it just takes time for the confidence to build that you can trust your knee's to hold up. Only way for that to happen is to do what he's doing right now. A few more games like that and he'll be back with the parent club before you know it.
He’s BACK!

Nice 3 point jumper. Joeger needs to run more pick and pop. Wonder how he played defensively as that is where he struggled.
You can find Stockton Kings full games on Facebook. I saw the boxscore of the game and was excited for Giles so I watched the feed on Facebook. Not as good as boxscore suggested. Didn’t play much defense and was a -21.

Status
Not open for further replies.