Grizzlies @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are so lucky to get that win. the defense is alot better now but our offense is a bit shaky with brad, cuttino and kenny out. i'm so happy bibby made that bank! give the grizz some credit for making peja a non-factor in the 4th. once again the kings played great ball for 3 quarters and fell apart in the 4th. they really need to break that habit. well, i guess as long as they win i don't care but we're not always going to be that lucky.

cant' wait till were back at full strength. it's so nice being back at arco!!!

home sweet home!!!!:D

A

AriesMar27

denver..... just to spite both the lakers and twolves.... but then the lakers could end up with a good draft pick.... decisions, decisions.....

We won't see the 8th seed no matter who they are! You guys actually think any of those 3 can get through the Spurs?

Wow, I come back from class and find that the Kings won despite shooting 36%. They outrebounded the Grizz by 10, with 20 offensive boards!?! Evans had 14 rebounds!?! Only 12 TO!?! And to top it off it came off a Bibby game winning 3?!? Unbelievable... :eek: :D

Our offense will be fine once we get Brad back, and we can run the O through him with peja cutting to the basket (and missing layups ;) *ducks*) and coming off the screens to shoot the three. Brad get well soon, very soon we need you

TXSactoFan said:
if minny gets its act together in the next couple of weeks, they can.. just because of KG.
Your living in fantasy land, the Spurs will mop the court with them. KG=Fugazzi

LPKingsFan said:
Wow, I come back from class and find that the Kings won despite shooting 36%. They outrebounded the Grizz by 10, with 20 offensive boards!?! Evans had 14 rebounds!?! Only 12 TO!?! And to top it off it came off a Bibby game winning 3?!? Unbelievable... :eek: :D
yeah that pretty much sums everything up :D

TXSactoFan said:
if minny gets its act together in the next couple of weeks, they can.. just because of KG.
I don't think Minny can beat the Spurs in a seven game series, act together or not. It's tough to have win in the playoffs after having a turnaround at the coaching position, and it's even tougher when you have people on that squad that are widely considered cancers with no heart.

How about Skinners defence again 4 blocks 2 stls, 10 rebounds, this is his 4th game witht he Kings with 3 or more blocks, and forth with 10 or more rebounds.
What a great pickup!!!!

OptimusRhyme said:
How about Skinners defence again 4 blocks 2 stls, 10 rebounds, this is his 4th game with 3 or more blocks, and forth with 1o or more rebounds.
What a great pickup!!!!
Hell Yeah!

Caesar Rex said:
I don't think Minny can beat the Spurs in a seven game series, act together or not. It's tough to have win in the playoffs after having a turnaround at the coaching position, and it's even tougher when you have people on that squad that are widely considered cancers with no heart.
i agree with that.. all i am saying is that because of KG, i think they will have a much better chance of upsetting the spurs... am not saying they definitely will...

TXSactoFan said:
this is what i think too. although i don't think minny can beat san antonio in the first round i do think it would be a really tough first series that could go the distance and would really wear the spurs out!!! that's just wishful thinking though and quite frankly i should be worrying about my team and not who makes it in the 8th spot.

GO KINGS!!!

wtf? Espn's post game recap talked a bunch abotu hte final shot being controversial and the clock starting late. Where was this reporting on the goaltending games?

swisshh said:
wtf? Espn's post game recap talked a bunch abotu hte final shot being controversial and the clock starting late. Where was this reporting on the goaltending games?
Sportscenter did air the goaltending call. Linda Cohn that day did make mention that it was an obvious goaltending that was not called. The played occured just minutes before the airing of Sportscenter, and they probably couldn't edit it in time for the original airing of the highlights.

As for the one against Phoenix, that one's hard to see by any camera angle, it was far from conclusive, it shouldn't be dwelled on. This play was "controversial" because with just 1.4 seconds, the Memphis player tipped the ball at the inbounds -- which can be easily verified by camera -- and the clock should have started. Bibby might not have gotten it off it the clock started when the first player touched the ball.

Still, the Kings win, it's final and in the books, no need to complain about bias.

EmKingsFan4 said:
that's right!! I am one DEVOTED fan...or maybe just crazy! Enjoy the rest of the game!!

There are alot of Kings fans in Europe who wake up anywhere from 1am to 5:30am to watch our Kings live. I have a good friend in Germany who played professionally in Europe that wakes up very early to see the Kings live.

slugking50 said:
There are alot of Kings fans in Europe who wake up anywhere from 1am to 5:30am to watch our Kings live. I have a good friend in Germany who played professionally in Europe that wakes up very early to see the Kings live.
I wish I had WOKEN UP to see the game but I never went to bed, not until nearly 5am. If I went to sleep first I'm afraid I may never wake up to hear it....when I fall asleep, I'm dead to the world...;)

Caesar Rex said:
Sportscenter did air the goaltending call. Linda Cohn that day did make mention that it was an obvious goaltending that was not called. The played occured just minutes before the airing of Sportscenter, and they probably couldn't edit it in time for the original airing of the highlights.

As for the one against Phoenix, that one's hard to see by any camera angle, it was far from conclusive, it shouldn't be dwelled on. This play was "controversial" because with just 1.4 seconds, the Memphis player tipped the ball at the inbounds -- which can be easily verified by camera -- and the clock should have started. Bibby might not have gotten it off it the clock started when the first player touched the ball.

Still, the Kings win, it's final and in the books, no need to complain about bias.
One thing that's funny when watching the replay is that Posey was practically right on top of Peja when he was throwing it in and wasn't giving him the proper space as required. Anyway, we finally get one to go our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.