[Grades] Grades v. Wolves 3/23/2016

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Boxscore

Stats: 32min 11pts (4-15, 1-4, 2-3) 2reb 3ast 1stl 0blk 4TO
Summary:his collapse down the stretch of the season one of the reasons we never made a move, avg. 14pts in March, did not step up at all in this one

Gay ( ) --

Stats: 22min 9pts (4-5, 1-1, 0-0) 2reb 1ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
Summary:some moments when he and WCS were twin hustlers, but again too small against a twin tower frontline that lit us up

Acy ( ) --

Stats: 38min 15pts (7-16, 0-0, 1-4) 15reb 0ast 0stl 2blk 2TO
Summary:for a while provided some old school competition inside to KAT and Dieng, and gobbled boards, but gap in talent was evident by second half

Koufos ( ) --

Stats: 12min 4pts (2-4, 0-1, 0-0) 1reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Summary:lack of production was acceptable in the first half as one way or other LaVine did not more. But Lavine ignored him and lit us up after half, and Anderson had no response.

Anderson ) --

Stats: 38min 25pts (10-16, 2-4, 3-6) 8reb 12ast 3stl 0blk 6TO
Summary: early on defense on Rubio almost as bad as offense vs. him, but really came to play and carried somnolent starters not only with passing but as #1 option on O

Rondo ( ) --

Bench

Stats: 21min 2pts (1-4, 0-0, 0-0) 5reb 0ast 0stl 1blk 0TO
Summary:despite anemic numbers, looked good and energetic early against old teammate KAT, but never led to much. Tried for and missed an epic oop in the 2nd.

Cauley Stein( ) --

Stats: 26min 12pt (4-9, 1-2, 3-6) 4reb 1ast 0stl 1blk 1TO
Summary:was playing aggressively on offense early, but getting pounded on the glass as smallball PF, and late in the game started missing gimmes at the rim that hurt

Casspi ( ) --

Stats: 24min 14pts (6-12, 2-6, 0-0) 0reb 2ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Summary:was hitting shots later in the game to keep us close, but absolutely no chance quicknesswise to guard LaVine,and lit up worse than he scored back

Belinelli ( ) --

Stats: 27min 12pts (4-10, 1-2, 3-4) 3reb 4ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Summary: gave us nothing at all in the first half, came on after the break to help keep us in it, but never did explode like LaVine

Collison ( ) --

placeholder...

It's funny we had one in Tyreke Evans but a majority of the fanbase was very happy to see him go. Too bad for his knee and leg injuries. Was really coming along nicely and was the Pelicans 2nd best player last year.
I don't remember the majority of fans being happy to see Tyreke leave.

I don't remember the majority of fans being happy to see Tyreke leave.
There definitely was a contingent but I seem to recall a lot of shock and dismay when the offer wasn't matched. Was it his brother who tweeted that he was coming back and then boom he wasn't?

Grant is still going on his rants about this team being screwed up because of DeMarcus Cousins. I know I shouldn't be listening to him but sometimes i can't help myself cause I just can't believe how wrong he is.

IMO, it is so wrong for the voice of the kings to be CONSTANTLY going off on the only damn talent we have on the team. It doesn't happen in any other sport I listen to. You better believe DMC hears about it and it certainly can't help. This is just wrong.

Again, my opinion, grant needs to either stop being the voice of the kings or lose his show. He railed against Webb. He's railing against cousins, and it certainly can't help the situation.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
There definitely was a contingent but I seem to recall a lot of shock and dismay when the offer wasn't matched. Was it his brother who tweeted that he was coming back and then boom he wasn't?
Truth be told you did not have to be a Evans fan to be appalled at the idiotic decision to just let him walk for nothing. I personally would have preferred we had kept him but not forcing a sign-and-trade or some better deal is tantamount to GM malpractice.