• Thompson

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Udrih

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at my private message from sniperfor3:

"First of all, that will never happened. Beno passes a ball when he sees open player. Beno is a team player. He was in Europe and he is in NBA.
And if he continues like this, he will score 47, but he will still pass the ball."

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
next 6 games vs minnesota 2x washington on espn portland milwaukee and chicago

we can go 6-0 next 6 games potentially

Looking at this from Reke's point of view, the next 6 games are juicy. Gets:

1) the #2 (Jennings)
2) and #3 (Flynn x2) rookies
3) his predecessor as ROY (Rose -- and be interesting to see if we are still starting Donte at that point because then Salmons draws Donte, not Rose, and Salmons never could handle big SFs so maybe we win both positions)
4) the player who's stats his resemble the most and who he might be fighting for an All Star berth with (Roy)
5) and then a game on ESPN.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
est.1999 said:
LOL at my private message from sniperfor3:

"First of all, that will never happened. Beno passes a ball when he sees open player. Beno is a team player. He was in Europe and he is in NBA.
And if he continues like this, he will score 47, but he will still pass the ball."
I've got a request - I think we've all made our point about Beno and Tyreke and everything else that was brought up. Let's go back to talking about the grades... I set a bad example by allowing myself to vent, even though I stand behind everything I said. I'm sorry for setting the bad example and I'd really like to just move on.

thanks.

:eek:

Sure thing VF. It was funny while it lasted though ;)

oh and BTW, I couldn't be more happier and satisfied than how I am with reke right now.

if I would be Beno, i would go to Kings owner and tell him. Trade me, i dont want to play here anymore. Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, and Donte out and any other NBA player in and we have championship team. They dont know jack about basketball.
As for Tyreke. Stop being an all star, and start playing team basketball.
If I were Beno, I would go to Kings owner and tell him, Here, take your 6 million back for my sucking last year. Thank you for drafting Tyreke and getting a new coach because in doing so you have made my job a whole lot easier and I can play like how I'm used to playing. Thanks to you, I even have fans rooting for me again!

I don't know bout you guys, but I'm really really excited to see how our team will be when we get reliable 3 point shooters in the future and also when our rookies, especially Tyreke, get more experience. As Brick says, once Tyreke gets that jumpshot, he's gonna be unguardable. And if he can just master kicking the ball out to an open good shooter on his drives he would already be so much better

Casspi had a nice Game. Duncan even took a moment to encourage Omri towards the end of the game after it was decided during a lull in some foul shots.

KB

I dont care what you think of me. I know what I am talking about. I do not dislike Tyreke. I like him and I know that he will be awesome NBA player one day. But he needs to start passing to open players. He is good, but he is not a team player.
And its not that I hate Kings perse. I like Kings. I know that they will get better. tyreke just needs to realize that he is not the one who gets a win. Its the team. I hope that he realizes that, because if he does, Sacramento kings will be way better team and a team with a chance of winning championship.

So, I am sorry if I hurt all of you, with my words. I just like to say what I think.

Sniperfor3

If I were Beno, I would go to Kings owner and tell him, Here, take your 6 million back for my sucking last year. Thank you for drafting Tyreke and getting a new coach because in doing so you have made my job a whole lot easier and I can play like how I'm used to playing. Thanks to you, I even have fans rooting for me again!
Or, the whole team and fanbase could thank Beno for playing so crappy (although he might have done a better job at actually looking like he was trying) so that we could be blessed with such a poor record and get a decent draft position. Few players would have had the guts to play like that, for the sake of the team. Beno was the King of the Lins last year. Last year was our tank year, and I have given everyone a free pass for that year. We had to do it once. I'm telling you people, bright side, bright side.

Last edited:
As good as Tyreke is and will be, this was a game where he was outplayed by his counterpart. Reke picked up two quick fouls failing to guard Parker, forcing us to go small to keep him in the game.

I dont care what you think of me. I know what I am talking about. I do not dislike Tyreke. I like him and I know that he will be awesome NBA player one day. But he needs to start passing to open players. He is good, but he is not a team player.
And its not that I hate Kings perse. I like Kings. I know that they will get better. tyreke just needs to realize that he is not the one who gets a win. Its the team. I hope that he realizes that, because if he does, Sacramento kings will be way better team and a team with a chance of winning championship.

So, I am sorry if I hurt all of you, with my words. I just like to say what I think.

Sniperfor3

Snipes baby, good news for you, you don't have to worry that you hurt me. So you can sleep tonight. I'm honestly more concerned for Beno, that you might soil his reputation by respresenting him.

I will be calling you out everytime you display this twisted logic and baselessly attack Kings players. Maybe I'll have to coin a phrase to identify it.

And also, you do not know what you are talking about.

Sniperfor3

Personally, I understand what you mean. Don't take attacks personally, many people here are passionate and have strong opinions. You do make a good point about Tyreke, but a big point in his growth (he is a Rookie, remember, and a very young one. He was a teenager up until a month or so ago!!!)is asserting himself. Trust me, Beno nor the rest of the team would be so wide open if teams were not honed in on Tyreke driving to the lane. If all of his plays are him kicking the ball out, the Kings will be easier to defend. I will take Tyreke in the lane over Beno on the perimiter any day. This is not a knock on Beno - far from it. I just think you have to see both sides of the coin. No way Beno has this type of year without the contributions that Tyreke is providing. Be fair in your assesment. Tyreke is still figuring it out. It's not easy.

K

Kingsguy881

I was going to be much more harsh than vf which would have resulted in a problem.....

Tyreke going 'all-star' was just too damn much for me.

Look, homeskillet, this is not the Euro leagues. Beno was being torched by Parker on the other end, I don't care who or what. Once Westphal put Reke on him at the end of the game, it resulted in no penetration and/or floater or drop to a big for a layup. Reke kept him out of the key and forced a brick and the Kings got an opportunity.

For all the positive Beno does on the offensive side, he does almost as much damage on the defensive side which is why he is most effective as a backup. He can outplay THEIR backupm just not their starter. Wise up brutha before you get killed with posts like those.....

if I would be Beno, i would go to Kings owner and tell him. Trade me, i dont want to play here anymore.
I think I like you, especially because you want Beno out of this team. That would be awesome for the team. Maybe the team will win more minus the softie Beno. He is such a liability in defense.

If I have magic, I will make you Beno.:p

OK I am little bit tired and sick of reading how Beno is the worst defender in NBA, how Parker torched him and blablabla! I watched the match yesterday as long the stream was alive, but I went thru play by play and I looked for Beno vs Tony when they were both on the floor (it is not necessary they guard each other but still):

Tony 14 pts + 3 as (FG 12-6 , FT 2-4)

Beno 13 pts + 1 as (FG 9-6)

And I remember off foul on Tony that Beno got a steal and remember 2 fouls that stupid refs call on Beno when Tony just got for superstar status!

So who torched who???

1) the #2 (Jennings)
3) his predecessor as ROY (Rose -- and be interesting to see if we are still starting Donte at that point because then Salmons draws Donte, not Rose, and Salmons never could handle big SFs so maybe we win both positions)
4) the player who's stats his resemble the most and who he might be fighting for an All Star berth with (Roy)
Wow! Evans-Jennings will be great to watch. And #4 is Brandon Roy?

Sniperfor3
No more bold with big letters please. I can read just fine with normal font.

However I do agreed with you. Sometime I wish he would just dish it out to the open man when he's being triple team in the paint. I think it's just another part of his game that he can improved on. Overall I love his defense, toughness and driving ability. His shooting and passing could use work. But so far I can see a lot of improvement on those as well.

I can't wait for KMart to come back. Evans + KMart is something I really want to see this year.

Also I think when someone PM you, they want it private. Be respectful and keep it private.

Last edited:
If anyone should get an A+, that person is Beno Udrih. This was his game, but no, Tyreke just had to go all star on san antonio spurs. What an idiot.
Casspi was good tonight, but this wasnt his game. His game will come sooner or later.
Just need to ask this: WTF were you thinking Westphal? Why did you put Beno out when he was the best player in the game? Why put him out and put Rodriguez in and go from -3 to -10? Stupid move on your part.

if I would be Beno, i would go to Kings owner and tell him. Trade me, i dont want to play here anymore. Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, and Donte out and any other NBA player in and we have championship team. They dont know jack about basketball.
As for Tyreke. Stop being an all star, and start playing team basketball.
you're funny.

1) the #2 (Jennings)
Let's hope the Kings can catch the Bulls while they are still on their downward spiral. They've played with zero energy for the better part of the last 9 games (since beating the Kings) and are ripe for the picking.

A

AriesMar27

but back to the grades... played a good game and lost. its also kinda funny how people bag on benos poor defense and act like evans is bruce bowen, manu put one hell of a move on him at the end of the game... i just had to bring that one up, he faked the hell out of evans for a easy dunk....

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kingsguy881

but back to the grades... played a good game and lost. its also kinda funny how people bag on benos poor defense and act like evans is bruce bowen, manu put one hell of a move on him at the end of the game... i just had to bring that one up, he faked the hell out of evans for a easy dunk....
Nope. Casspi was supposed to switch over and cut off the baseline, Evans had already stopped the ball. So no, it was a failed defensive assignment on Casspi's part. But thanks for trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AriesMar27

Nope. Casspi was supposed to switch over and cut off the baseline, Evans had already stopped the ball. So no, it was a failed defensive assignment on Casspi's part. But thanks for trying.
evans lost track of his man and its casspis fault? granted the entire team is to blame for the lack of defense, but you cant be called a good defender if you expect someone else to pick up your slack. he lost his man and thats it.

Watch it again. Evans was terribly out of position. He should have been between the basket and his man. The rook blew a play. Whatever, but don't use it as an example of exemplary defense.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
evans lost track of his man and its casspis fault? granted the entire team is to blame for the lack of defense, but you cant be called a good defender if you expect someone else to pick up your slack. he lost his man and thats it.
You continue to play the fool if you are now trying to claim Evans is not a good defender.

Manu was Casspi's man for most of the late game, not Evans'. Evans' man was Jefferson.

It was a semi-break opportunity, hence not one where anybody really had a fair chance anyway and everybody was out of position. But Evans stopped the initial penetration, forced Manu baseline, and then presumably you get settled and head back to your normal men. Its at the 2:00 mark of the highlights package over at nba.com. Casspi turns his head and when Manu goes, there is no defense for 25 feet from where Evans initially met him all the way to the hoop. Evans is shading him high. Casspi wasn't looking. Donte didn't challenge for whatever reason. Not clear who's responsibility it was, but it was a breakdown of team defense not individual defense. Nobody thought that was their responsibility.

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

You continue to play the fool if you are now trying to claim Evans is not a good defender.

Manu was Casspi's man for most of the late game, not Evans'. Evans' man was Jefferson.

It was a semi-break opportunity, hence not one where anybody really had a fair chance anyway. But Evans stopped the initial penetration, forced Manu baseline, and then presumably you get settled and head back to your normal men. Its at the 2:00 mark of the highlights package over at nba.com. Casspi turns his head and when Manu goes, there is no defense for 25 feet from where Evans initially met him all the way to the hoop. Casspi wasn't looking. Donte didn't challenge for whatever reason.
thats why i mentioned the teams lack of effort on defense, but like missed freethrows defense is contagious, so is a lack of defense... evans has fallen into the im not going to guard you for 24 seconds mentality. instinctively he'll defend the ball but after a few seconds he losses interest in playing it for the entire shot clock. it happened a few times in the game, im not saying that he was a bad defender, he can play defense so i dont know where you get this idea that i think that he is a bad defender.

i was just pointing out that its unfair to blame beno for his poor defense when evans is doing the same thing. not as often or not as bad but he does... its a team thing. casspi doesnt play much defense, neither do thompson, hawes or sergio. luckily thompson is hella scappy and tries to make up for it.

K

Kingsguy881

Watch it again. Evans was terribly out of position. He should have been between the basket and his man. The rook blew a play. Whatever, but don't use it as an example of exemplary defense.
It's not an example of exemplary defense, but any true hooper knows that once you stop the ball, if the person with the ball's defender is in the vicinity you switch off to find your man. Casspi was in position, but he didn't step out to take Ginobli. Ergo, open lane. Evans stopped the ball, Casspi was supposed to step out and take Ginobli and Evans was to find his assignment which at that point had been switched over to Parker.

K

Kingsguy881

thats why i mentioned the teams lack of effort on defense, but like missed freethrows defense is contagious, so is a lack of defense... evans has fallen into the im not going to guard you for 24 seconds mentality. instinctively he'll defend the ball but after a few seconds he losses interest in playing it for the entire shot clock. it happened a few times in the game, im not saying that he was a bad defender, he can play defense so i dont know where you get this idea that i think that he is a bad defender.

i was just pointing out that its unfair to blame beno for his poor defense when evans is doing the same thing. not as often or not as bad but he does... its a team thing. casspi doesnt play much defense, neither do thompson, hawes or sergio. luckily thompson is hella scappy and tries to make up for it.
If Evans was playing such 'bad defense', why did he have 4 steals? I watched the game, the ball didn't fall into his lap, he was making plays to get it. Picking off passes, getting to the loose balls, you are just trying a new angle and it is pretty funny. You make me lol sometimes with your single minded pursuit, but whatev. Thats your gig, so I hope you keep it up because if you all of a sudden changed then I would think someone possessed your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.