• D

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • E

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • F

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going into the draft, my impression of Bagley has been bigger Kenneth Faried. Maybe a bit more ball handling, but not a particularly skilled player. I also would like to hope that we have our frontcourt set with Giles and Skal (hopeful that Skal has a breakout year). As such, was rather disappointed and if you asked me pre draft I wouldn't foresee Marvin as an all star level player. But I can understand the potential of having a big who can run, and unlike someone else sounds like he has a great work ethic and motor. He was also a consensus top pick, so it's not like it was a reach or anything. My take is that the FO was swayed by comfort from having seen him workout, from the purported chemistry with Fox and Giles, and the hesitation to take the ball out of Fox's hands were they to draft Doncic.

I give it a B.

Wanted Doncic and thought that he was a better fit.

I think Bagley will be good, but he is a bit duplicative with all our bigs... Skal, Willy, Giles.

I also feel that it was also poor asset management. If we were hell bent on drafting a big, we could have drafted Doncic at #2, and traded him for the leftover of Bamba, JJJ, and Bagley + a future 1st.

At least it wasn't a complete trainwreck like drafting Porter at #2. I rated the draft a C.

Just judging the player... Impressive offensive talent, good to great rebounder, not interested in playing defense. Grade: B.
Being the Kings... Just got rid of another big man with impressive offensive talent, good to great rebounder, not interested in playing defense. Grade: D.

B- but I'm reserving the right to bump up to a B or B+ depending on the first two weeks of July.

If some of the front court players are shipped and we address the big hole at SF I'll feel much better.

I'll be honest, that my expectations for Giles went down with this pick which I think is part of my frustration. But my main concern is defense, or lack of it. Maybe it shouldn't be and I'm thinking old NBA. But that's what I can't shake.

B- but I'm reserving the right to bump up to a B or B+ depending on the first two weeks of July.

If some of the front court players are shipped and we address the big hole at SF I'll feel much better.

I'll be honest, that my expectations for Giles went down with this pick which I think is part of my frustration. But my main concern is defense, or lack of it. Maybe it shouldn't be and I'm thinking old NBA. But that's what I can't shake.
Although I'm happy with the Marvin Bagley pick (he was 2nd on my list behind Doncic) my expectations for Harry Giles went down as well and I can't help but feel the that there isn't as much trust in Giles to be the player we all hyped him up to be unless from office believes WCS and Skal are not part of the future moving forward.

B. The fact that we didn't take Porter or engage in a dumb trade is reason enough for us to celebrate. I just find it hard to rationalize taking him above Doncic or JJJ. Hopefully I'm wrong. Can't wait to see him in summer league.

I’m pleased. Would have been pleased with Doncic...and Porter to a lesser extent. They should be fun to watch. Hopefully DJ adjusts his coaching style to play to this teams strengths

C. Only because Bagley III was my 4th choice. We should have drafted better. I don’t think he’s going to be very good. Maybe Randle level of skill.

The #2 pick surprised me. The footage I've seen of Bagley from College doesn't make him look like an impact player, more of an opportunistic scorer in transition and tips.

Granted, he will be a good to great rebounder in the NBA, and we suck at rebounding, so we could very much use the help there.

But I'm not sure if our opponents are going to miss enough shots for us to get the full impact of that skill

Going into the draft, my impression of Bagley has been bigger Kenneth Faried. Maybe a bit more ball handling, but not a particularly skilled player. I also would like to hope that we have our frontcourt set with Giles and Skal (hopeful that Skal has a breakout year). As such, was rather disappointed and if you asked me pre draft I wouldn't foresee Marvin as an all star level player. But I can understand the potential of having a big who can run, and unlike someone else sounds like he has a great work ethic and motor. He was also a consensus top pick, so it's not like it was a reach or anything. My take is that the FO was swayed by comfort from having seen him workout, from the purported chemistry with Fox and Giles, and the hesitation to take the ball out of Fox's hands were they to draft Doncic.

I give it a B.
The Faried comparison might not be a bad thing considering that the only problem with him is that he is a wee lad.

The word “fit” is what Portland used to justify passing on a SG from North Carolina
You speak in absolutes as if it's a foregone conclusion that Luka is going to be a transcendent talent when in reality it is just a difference of opinion. Let's be real here, Luka is absolutely a better fit for this team. And forgive me but no team is more qualified to judge Luka's upside than our staff and the fact that we passed on him speaks volumes. Either way, Luka or Bagley are just pieces to a puzzle so let's let FA come to fruition then give Bagley a year to see what we have. I get your mad but the pick has been made and the Luka ship has sailed so get on board with our selection until he either proves you right or wrong.

Although I'm happy with the Marvin Bagley pick (he was 2nd on my list behind Doncic) my expectations for Harry Giles went down as well and I can't help but feel the that there isn't as much trust in Giles to be the player we all hyped him up to be unless from office believes WCS and Skal are not part of the future moving forward.
At the end of the day, I think they are betting on our team fitting the "next version" of the NBA. An all out attack mode offense with dominant size. If this thing works, you have two super bigs with Giles and Bagley that completely dominate with size and athleticism. Of course we haven't seen either play in an NBA game, but if they did strike gold on both of them, they really could be revolutionary.

With that said, in the back of my mind, I'm really struggling to envision a scenario where Vlade and the Sac Kings have completely outsmarted the rest of the League with their vision of the NBA circa 2020.

You speak in absolutes as if it's a foregone conclusion that Luka is going to be a transcendent talent when in reality it is just a difference of opinion. Let's be real here, Luka is absolutely a better fit for this team. And forgive me but no team is more qualified to judge Luka's upside than our staff and the fact that we passed on him speaks volumes. Either way, Luka or Bagley are just pieces to a puzzle so let's let FA come to fruition then give Bagley a year to see what we have. I get your mad but the pick has been made and the Luka ship has sailed so get on board with our selection until he either proves you right or wrong.
I’m not saying it’s a forgone conclusion he’ll be great. But you just proved my point that Luka is the better Fit and he’s tailor made for the nba game.

I’m already on the Bagley team just like I stupidly cane back after the boogie trade. It’s just hearing dumb crap like fit that pisses me off get the eingbthst can playmake and shoot

That's the thing on the fit. I'm getting the feeling they don't believe Luka is a 3 in the NBA. Thus, he's really a point or combo guard and duplicative of Fox and Bogi. I don't agree with that, but as Sam Amick said on KNBR yesterday, he thinks there is something very specific about Luka that Vlade and the Kings aren't high on (or something to that extent). In the press conference last night Vlade talked about Luka as one of the 4 "number 1" guys at the top of the draft, but I have to believe there's something else there (more than just not taking the ball out of Fox's hands) which have them concerned.

Luka would have been my pick, but I'll tip my hat in a couple years if in fact they got this right.

Marvin Bagley is the real deal! Those of you who compare him to Faried miss the point. There are players in the NBA that are there due to effort. Faried; Baynes; Plumlee; etc. There are players in the NBA that have talent and lack effort. Beasley is the classic case. Imagine for a moment you had a player that was immensely skilled that played with max effort. That's Bagley. He is the best player in every game he has played since middle school. He had a college scholarship at age 14. The Doncic supporters have to take a step back and see what we have in MBIII He will be the best King since CWebb.

Marvin Bagley is the real deal! Those of you who compare him to Faried miss the point. There are players in the NBA that are there due to effort. Faried; Baynes; Plumlee; etc. There are players in the NBA that have talent and lack effort. Beasley is the classic case. Imagine for a moment you had a player that was immensely skilled that played with max effort. That's Bagley. He is the best player in every game he has played since middle school. He had a college scholarship at age 14. The Doncic supporters have to take a step back and see what we have in MBIII He will be the best King since CWebb.
I really hope you're right. If this all starts to come together (with Fox taking a jump next year, Giles healthy and hungry, and Bagley making an immediate impact) then the narrative will change quick. There is a LOT of young talent on this roster that the national media isn't really paying much attention to. People may still disagree with the style of play and composition of the team in general, but I think we can start to make people see that we're headed in the right direction. Goal needs to be respectability before we get too bent out of shape around whether we are set up best to win a championship. I'm really hoping we are playing the long game and focused on improving franchise culture and respectability that can carry us into many years of solid ball.