[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, no matter what we did, curry was doing this. Those blaming brown or anyone else are nuts. Curry had 50. Davion wasnt stopping that. Christie wasnt stopping that, artest, bowen, NOBODY!

We got beat up. Simple as that. Sabonis and Fox are our best players and they weren't able to do it tonight. The supporting cast weren't there. They couldn't hit a free throw or grab a board.

I don't think they'll need to watch much film on this one. Also didn't think Davis should have played as much as he did. Black hole of defense.
The team needs to burn it but the coaching staff and Monte watch it and think how they want to shape the team going forward.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Coach Brown lost this one imo. His substitution sucks. Instead of playing small ball which they have success and own the Warriors last game...he chose to stick with Sabonis which allow Green and Looney to stay in the paint. Even in this game...when he went small for awhile, they have success....why all of a sudden put in Sabonis? I don't get it. And I don't understand why allow Steph to get off when you have Davion Mitchell who give him a hard time in the series. Of course Steph will go off...i am pissed how Brown sub the players in this game.

And take Barnes...he sucks. I rather play Trey Lyle than Barnes.
The Warriors adjusted to the small ball lineup though/Draymond wasn't in foul trouble so he could play center in their lineups more. Sabonis was absolutely killing the Warriors in the first half before they adjusted there again. Also as much as I love Davion, he wasn't going to slow Steph down.

Well, I remember the Rocky saga started with him going the distance with the champ. Looking forward to Rocky II.
I'm super interested to see what the Warriors actually are. Next series is going to be very, very telling. Depending on what the Lakers looks like them along with the Suns prove where the bar even is. Creed might be up there, not down here.

We got beat up. Simple as that. Sabonis and Fox are our best players and they weren't able to do it tonight. The supporting cast weren't there. They couldn't hit a free throw or grab a board.

I don't think they'll need to watch much film on this one. Also didn't think Davis should have played as much as he did. Black hole of defense.
We don't have a true superstar. That's it. And that will be the problem going forward.

Today Curry 50pts ...

It's not rolling over its just getting beaten by a better team.

They hung in there but the famous warriors third Q was real in this game.

The game was done on that 4 point play from Klay.

Yeah. If anything this series has given me tremendous confidence in this core. Nothing about this series wad "Oh golden state is just levels better than we are." Kings lost this series through their own mistakes, lack of shooting, lack of hustle on the defensive glass.

We got to a game 7 vs the defending champs where 2 of our starters were unplayable, our all nba C was a shell of himself performance wise and it's hard to imagine we can miss as many wide open shots as we did in this 7 game stretch.

Making sweeping changes would be the typical fan thing to do. Just like at the deadline when most Kings fans thought the sky was falling and we'd fall out of the playoffs. Thankfully, Monte and Brown seem like they're going to take a measured approach and build this right

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Two plays characterize this game for me. One of them was Steph dribbling the entire length of the court with Draymond shadowing him like a lead blocker the whole way. 2 points for Golden State and somehow not a moving screen. The other was Steph getting boxed out by Keegan under the basket in the 3rd and immediately flopping out of bounds for free throws (in the penalty). If the officials are going to give them those plays it almost doesn't matter what we do. Steph is the face of the NBA though. We knew we were only going to beat them with a flawless performance.

I always thought we got the best fans in Sacramento. Look at them in the stadium still chanting.

It was such a nice Cinderella story. I wish my experience wasn't tainted by all these poorly entitled fans' antics here.

I'm very disappointed in y'all.

Folks, no matter what we did, curry was doing this. Those blaming brown or anyone else are nuts. Curry had 50. Davion wasnt stopping that. Christie wasnt stopping that, artest, bowen, NOBODY!
Eh, not that the Kings don't still lose, but he ain't getting 50 on Davion. Nope. This is another thing, time to ditch a lot of the defensive play book. Don't switch? Die. Don't have the personnel to switch? Find it or switch anyway. This team doesn't need to be a top 10 defensive team IMO, but being bottom 5 is gambling. One year you COULD make if far. Others maybe not even into the play in. Of course that was the league of the last two years. The top run of the West might be quite a bit different at the moment than it was pre deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.