[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huerter the most obvious disappointment of the entire series. Apart from a few shots has been totally garbage and close to unplayable at times. Fox got hurt. Sabonis has been hurt, Barnes has been the odd man out, Davis went from hero to zero, and Davion has been oddly restricted. The team in general gets an F for boxing out. Horrendous. They willed themselves to a win. I didn’t expect to win, but to be blown out in a half is disappointing.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This isn't lack of heart everyone. We've been getting killed on the boards all season long -- often by career role-players and backup centers. Usually we make enough shots that it doesn't matter. Perfect storm tonight is going against us. Looney is good and we're not pursuing the ball.

What sucks is we have an 11 million dollar cheerleader in Richaun Holmes.

At least this 3rd quarter will put some focus on getting us a proper shotblocker who can grab boards and play vs many lineups not just handpicked gimmicky ones like were forced to with Len.

Way too many CLEAN looks for Curry off the dribble, just uncontested floaters and layups. Some might sit here blaming Davis or the perimeter guys but the truth is we dont have the length and the recovery speed from the inside to hang, a player like Kevon Looney destroys our whole advantage of Domas at C.

Difference between effort and heart, in my opinion. In that third quarter, we came nowhere near matching their effort/energy level. Then when we got down, we lost our poise. But that’s not the same thing as guys not “wanting it.”

Very disappointing way to end the season, but it was an incredible season. And the future is very bright. Time for everyone to bunker down this summer, work on their weaknesses, and come back even hungrier next season.

It’s all a learning experience. These guys are young.

Keegan needs to be more aggressive, even the Dubs know he'd hesitate when he misses a couple shots.
If you run out on him, 99% he'll swing that ball. If Murray is supposed to be the extra piece, this isn't the way. Brown HAS to watch nothing but Iowa tape and work a lot of what he sees into the playbook. Don't do it and 12 and 5 it is.

The diamond groomers climbing out of the woodwork when the team goes down is nothing new it's just more pathetic in a situation where the team has been so successful. If I didn't have them all and ignore I'd suggest they just go look at their predictions from the beginning of the season... Oh well it is what it is. I still love this team.
I honestly can’t comprehend spending a good chunk of your life just waiting for the kings to lose an emotional game just so you can come back onto kingsfans.com to stick your chest out and crap in the team. It’s pathetic.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I can't understand the fans of a first-time Playoffs team that hasn't even sniffed any kind of success for 17 years would act like we were the defending champ and we must do everything right at every moment or they are all failures. Imagine calling yourself a fan and giving up at the first sign of weakness when your team is still fighting every inch out there.

All your knee-jerk reactions like the sky is falling.
It's not even the "giving up," because I can understand people being defeatist, the way that the Kings have played the second half. But a whole bunch of Kings fans went from hopeful to entitled, some kinda fast. I don't want to resort to "No True Kings fan" type of fallacies, but I feel like no reasonable Kings fan should feel like this season has been anything but an unconditional success.

Coach Brown lost this one imo. His substitution sucks. Instead of playing small ball which they have success and own the Warriors last game...he chose to stick with Sabonis which allow Green and Looney to stay in the paint. Even in this game...when he went small for awhile, they have success....why all of a sudden put in Sabonis? I don't get it. And I don't understand why allow Steph to get off when you have Davion Mitchell who give him a hard time in the series. Of course Steph will go off...i am pissed how Brown sub the players in this game.

And he should take Barnes out...he sucks. I rather play Trey Lyle than Barnes. He's the worst when it come to team defense. The way Brown playing chess with Steve Kerr is stupid imo. Like for example, when Kerr took Looney out, he put Sabonis in....thinking he might get some offensive glasses or something. So when he put Sabonis in, Kerr put in Looney again. But Looney has been killing us....we don't need Sabonis....we actually destroy them playing small ball because Looney can't guard the small ball....did you not see the last game?

Last edited:
It's not even the "giving up," because I can understand people being defeatist, the way that the Kings have played the second half. But a whole bunch of Kings fans went from hopeful to entitled, some kinda fast. I don't want to resort to "No True Kings fan" type of fallacies, but I feel like no reasonable Kings fan should feel like this season has been anything but an unconditional success.
I got it now.

This is the keyword right here.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but Kings fans of all NBA fans have ZERO rights to request a flawless performance against the defending champ.

I can't understand the fans of a first-time Playoffs team that hasn't even sniffed any kind of success for 17 years would act like we were the defending champ and we must do everything right at every moment or they are all failures. Imagine calling yourself a fan and giving up at the first sign of weakness when your team is still fighting every inch out there.

All your knee-jerk reactions like the sky is falling.
Come on. People were up for the game 7 and the team laid an egg. It’s pretty reasonable to vent and be upset.

Curry was amazing.

We got beat up. Simple as that. Sabonis and Fox are our best players and they weren't able to do it tonight. The supporting cast weren't there. They couldn't hit a free throw or grab a board.

I don't think they'll need to watch much film on this one. Also didn't think Davis should have played as much as he did. Black hole of defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.