Gaming Thread!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It was a good learning lesson as the git good crowd says because integrating arrows was how I finally took down Agheel. I am probably OP'd for Margit and Godrick now. One can hope. But I still have a few more optionals to clean out before I go there.
Man the dragons are absolute pains to me. I only beat Agheel because my summon ran HEAVY interference. I typically run the opposite direction when I see them.

Man the dragons are absolute pains to me. I only beat Agheel because my summon ran HEAVY interference. I typically run the opposite direction when I see them.
I think what finally worked was staying at arrow distance on the opposite side of my summon and then sweeping his legs on horseback when I had a chance, but I was able to keep my summon alive for half the health bar and then just use my poison arrows to wittle him down after. I'll have to go kill some more of those poison plants so I can keep building those things, they are pretty great.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think what finally worked was staying at arrow distance on the opposite side of my summon and then sweeping his legs on horseback when I had a chance, but I was able to keep my summon alive for half the health bar and then just use my poison arrows to wittle him down after. I'll have to go kill some more of those poison plants so I can keep building those things, they are pretty great.
I totally underutilize horse combat. I should work on that.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yup, horse feet attacks are the way to end dragons.

Helps I found a +8 Halberd on a red invading NPC for some sweet chunk damage on the drive-by’s. I’d never use the thing in normal combat, but horseback? Yes!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^No, haven’t seen anything

I’ve gone ahead and started a secondary character because I couldn’t not play with the sweet INT magic anymore.

I beat Rennala not sure whether to run around Liurnia or where to go next. I am probably Op'd since I beat Godrick and Rennala after about 5-6 tries and most of the other bosses the first or second. The worst part of Godrick was finding him. I think I cleared out most of the castle but missed the grace and ultimately ran out of flasks without a way to reset.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I beat Rennala not sure whether to run around Liurnia or where to go next. I am probably Op'd since I beat Godrick and Rennala after about 5-6 tries and most of the other bosses the first or second. The worst part of Godrick was finding him. I think I cleared out most of the castle but missed the grace and ultimately ran out of flasks without a way to reset.
I beat the Caelid Elden Lord (Radahn) next, but it took awhile. Caelid’s tough. I spend a lot of time exploring and doing caves and undergrounds before I had any chance against him.

I’m currently completely stuck against my current target. Dude is two full boss fights in one… it sucks and I’m also too stubborn to summon help. Lmao

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Finding even MORE underground cities and areas! Every time I think I’m getting close to the edge of the map it keeps expanding. Lol

I wound up taking the ladder climbs to Altus Plateau. The human headed bat killed me once, but got through the second time fairly easy. I have just enough FP to call my summon once. Then beat a few sub bosses once I got to Altus and just exploring around.

I'm dual wielding uchigatanas and occasionally switch to flails against the miners but otherwise just use my bow when I am not slashing. Wonder what I am missing out on but I do really like this play style.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Ainsel River MAIN or something. I found a chunk of it already, but was able to descend even lower! Like 3 elevators worth!
Oh man, I got so rocked by a boss that I went back above ground haha. The game was like "come back here in fifteen levels or so"

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I wound up taking the ladder climbs to Altus Plateau. The human headed bat killed me once, but got through the second time fairly easy. I have just enough FP to call my summon once. Then beat a few sub bosses once I got to Altus and just exploring around.

I'm dual wielding uchigatanas and occasionally switch to flails against the miners but otherwise just use my bow when I am not slashing. Wonder what I am missing out on but I do really like this play style.
Gotta do a magic run at some point. It’s a blast. I’m a faith/strength build. Can’t wait to play with the INT magic down the line! (I already have the charter made, just too busy with my current one.)

You can actually do full stat respec with an item that isn’t incredibly rare. Maybe I’ll switch my main up when I get to NG+

Alright. Broke down and got Elden Ring…and after a couple hours, I gotta say…I don’t get it. And by it, I mean the hype. Someone help me. How is this better than any previous FromSoft games? Am I too early in the game? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

I never played any of the FS games, I thought what makes it best is it has combined many of the elements of the prior series, added a few tweaks, and made the path less linear?

I have a feeling if I wasn't able to take on all the mini bosses and optionals prior to raiding the first castle perhaps slightly on the OP'd side I'd have quit in frustration more often than I quit because oh snap, I forgot about guitar practice :D

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Alright. Broke down and got Elden Ring…and after a couple hours, I gotta say…I don’t get it. And by it, I mean the hype. Someone help me. How is this better than any previous FromSoft games? Am I too early in the game? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
It’s exactly Dark Souls 3 in a giant open world! What’s not to love?!

Unless you’re not a FS fan, then it’s absolutely not for you because it’s just a giant playground of FS goodness. It certainly didn’t reinvent the wheel from any of their past games if that’s what you were expecting.

Last edited:
It’s exactly Dark Souls 3 in a giant open world! What’s not to love?!

Unless you’re not a FS fan, then it’s absolutely not for you because it’s just a giant playground of FS goodness. It certainly didn’t reinvent the wheel from any of their past games if that’s what you were expecting.
I mean…the way people were talking about it, I kinda WAS expecting something groundbreaking. Guess that’s on me. If I had come across a review that was like “typical fromsoft fare that forgoes any strong narrative driving force in favor of an open world with generic fantasy themes” I’d have just replayed Bloodbourne. ;)

Will give it a few more hours. Maybe something will grab me.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I mean, successfully dropping Dark Souls in a massive engrossing open world with something new around every corner is pretty groundbreaking, at least to me.

It could have very easily gone the way of Dynasty Warriors 9 where the switch to open world doesn’t translate at all.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I mean…the way people were talking about it, I kinda WAS expecting something groundbreaking. Guess that’s on me. If I had come across a review that was like “typical fromsoft fare that forgoes any strong narrative driving force in favor of an open world with generic fantasy themes” I’d have just replayed Bloodbourne. ;)

Will give it a few more hours. Maybe something will grab me.
Limgrave isn't mind blowing, but some of the later areas are incredible.... that being said, it took me more than just a few hours to "git gud" enough to even reach those places!

My buddy really got hooked at the area north of the castle, which is technically the second area, unless of course you happen to wander in the wrong direction for too long.

I say keep at it! Or replay Bloodborne... because that's the GOAT video game imho!