Gametime Thread Rockets vs Kings in Shanghai

alrighties, i'm going back to bed LOL, that was FUN to watch even though we lost. just seeing the kings after taht looooong summer was GREAT!!!

we'll get em in bejing :D

Guess we lost. It seemed more like Adleman was testing the substitutes arrive to the decision abt the 12th man or something. But whenever our starts were in they were killing the rockets. After seeing this game, I would say that, the people who had ranked rockets ahead the kings, should think again.

^^^^

I would have to agree from just looking at the Box scores.

Moreover, it's better to get the losses out of the way now.

Last edited:
Well, we should get ready for plenty of losses this year. Looks like "the old man" was useful after all. I'm still staying behind what I said earlier this summer: If the Kings had traded Pedja, they would not even make the playoffs.

Now, for those who watched the game: is Webber still hobbling and can he jump ?

sloter said:
Well, we should get ready for plenty of losses this year. Looks like "the old man" was useful after all. I'm still staying behind what I said earlier this summer: If the Kings had traded Pedja, they would not even make the playoffs.

What???

In the first and the third(when both teams played starters straight up) the Kings outscored the Rockets 54-37. The Rockets then played Yao and McGrady for most of the second while the Kings had Alton Ford, Alexander, Wei and a few other scrubs out there and the Rockets made up the difference.

Peja didn't play very well(4-12 shooting for for 10 points) and Webb played great(14pts and 11 boards in 24 minutes).

sloter said:
Webb was a flat out stud!! He looks x2 better then he was last year. He looked awesome. It was the Webb we've all been hoping to see...... Well im not you anyways:p ;)

I'm glad Webber was able to play and mmove well.

I think the REAL test will be how the knee responds after playing heavy minutes or on back to backs.

So far so good!

C-Webb did look awesome today........but that's just one game. Great game though from everyone. I think the Kings Starters looked way better that Houstons Starters! We could have won this game, if it was for real!

sloter said:
webber looked awesome out there. not quiet the webber of old, but he perfromed MUCH MUCH better then he did last year. i didn't see a whole lot of jumping, but the lateral movement was vastly improved. i know it was only one game, and that it's not always going to be like that, but if he can perform at or near that performance 50% of the time, i'll be extremely happy.

catch the replay at 4:30 to see for yourself if you can.

i was very pleased with the starters performance, althought peja didn't shoot well. the only thing i was at all worried about is where is the low post guy. we need someone consitantly under the hoop for those days when the outside shots aren't falling.

* yah * i just love the kings being back :D :D

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gargamel said:
What a coincidence it was that the Rockets were chosen to play in an exhibition in China. What are the odds?
Heh; given the way the game ended, I almost wonder if Coach Adelman was told (in a 'wink wink, nudge nudge' fashion) to give the Rockets a chance to win if it was close after three.

Thanks for making the Game thread... I didn't get up early enough to watch the game.

But I'll catch the Repeat later this even. Sounds like it was a fun game.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Nobody was injured. Other than that - "an other extremly useless pre season waste of time" game. Not worth getting up (decision made after getting up) at 7:30 AM.Does anyone think that I should get familiar with the names of all thos people wearing kings uniform in the 2nd and 4th quarter?

:lol:

If I didn't have to work, I would of wake up that early to watch the game.

Why wouldn't you pay attention to those player? Maybe you can have a good discussion on who the Kings should keep.

Base on the thread it seems the Kings are still in good shape. Go KINGS!!

Just watched the tape of the game and I have a few obzervations to make.fires Webber did indeed look great. Miller still owns Yao, and Bibby is starting to shake the rust off but still is not as fluid as would like. No Bobby? Isuppose that decision was based on the fact that he has a spot, and Adelman not only wants to limit his min but wanted the Chinese fans to see thier home town boy Wie play. As for Wie he was not bad but as we have already said will not make the squad. Could get an offer from another team needing a bu pg, but doubtfull. Bowon to the main purpose of these early preseason games, how did the "potentials" look. Once again Parada played not too bad and has some size which may translate into a slot, Blutenthal was ok but honestly I am not sure this is the right guy for this team, Barnes looked a little better in his limited min but again since the Kings are prety well covered for gaurds I suspect his days are numbered. Evans got a look but Im not sure he showed much. Alton Ford had limited mins but with 4 board in 5 junk mins might be enogh for him to get another look in Bejing. No real time for Erick Daniels, and hope that only means his time was good against GS and the team plans on giving him more looks before setting a final roster (I like this guy). As for our second team with deals K Martin looked prety sharp in DC's slot and looks to be the new #8 in the rotation, Darisu hustled bu was fairly ineffective and shot like crap. Courtney got his first 16 min of court time but did not shwo much either. Of course sicne he did not play at all last season It would be a little unreasonable to expect mch in his first 16 min. I hope Adleman gives him increased pt as the pre-season progresses (look for big min out of him when he plays in Fresno) and for what ever reason Minard did not play. All in all worht watching but glad I did not get up at 4:30 to watch it.

I am such a sucker because I only managed to watch up until half time. I can't believe they lost by 2pts. Other than that, I thought they played well with the expection of the bench. ^_^

Hopefully, they pick up Liu Wei just because......

webber looked so good ,so smoothe,he hit shots from all over even from the other side of the court,hahaha ,he ran and jumped like the old c-webb .bibby played big also,just have to say it was a good game.it made me feel like we are back in the running for championship for sure...the rockets won but they played with every thing they had,so i give it up to them ,,we did not have christy,ostertag, and did not play bobby jackson,so with that in mind i can sleep better . but i seen what i need to see, that where coming hard this year........go kings go kings go kings go kings

kingsfan420 said:
webber looked so good ,so smoothe,he hit shots from all over even from the other side of the court,hahaha ,he ran and jumped like the old c-webb .bibby played big also,just have to say it was a good game.it made me feel like we are back in the running for championship for sure...the rockets won but they played with every thing they had,so i give it up to them ,,we did not have christy,ostertag, and did not play bobby jackson,so with that in mind i can sleep better . but i seen what i need to see, that where coming hard this year........go kings go kings go kings go kings
Also most of the time, we had the rookies or the guys who are trying to make it to the rooster.

acbthe final score doesn't really matter to me (preseason)..i did tape the game, i just watched it when i got back from school..

my thoughts are:
the starters were great!
-brad was aggressive and he had a very nice game!
-webb was hitting his shots, getting rebounds, passing, etc.. i'm very glad to see that!
-bibby made nice plays (especially after the whistle is blown, hehe) 17 points, 5 assists for him in 29 minutes.. ;)
-peja had nice buckets as well.. but not really his usual game.. only 10 pts, 4/12 fg%, 2/7 from 3, 2 rebs, 2 assists..
-martin was playing well, especially for a rookie.. he was all over the place, hustling, etc.. got called for a lot of faouls, though --he ended up with 5..

-bobby didn't play --i guess rick wanted to see more of martin, and he had to play lui wei in front of his hometown too..

-the rockets only made runs when the starters were out.. the starters also took the lead back, after the rockets had it, only for the rookies to play the rest of the game and give it up..

well overall, i'm just happy to see the kings play again!

go kings!!! :D

Last edited:
I thought Barnes made smart plays and showed some good court vision. He looks comfortable with the ball in his hands, is quicker than I thought and passes well. I think he'd be a better fit than Bluthenthal for backing up Peja.

4cwebb --yes, ricky minard made the trip.. coach just didn't play him.. i'm guessing he'll get minutes for the next game, along with bobby.. and then i guess martin and bibby will get lesser minutes @ beijing..

heuge --well, bjax is healthy, unless something happened to him during the flight to china.. AFAIC, he's not bothered by the abdominal strain(from last season) anymore.. and he played the 1st preseason game vs goldenstate so i think his hand injury is ok now.. maybe adelman will use more of bobby and minard instead of bibby and martin for the next game..

Both of them are fine. Adelman will traditionally do that in the pre-season. (give guys games off, giving other guys more extended minutes) Makes sense, when you are looking at who to keep, it's a lot easier to see what they are capable of in a game time situation when they are actually IN the game for longer than a minute.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I was not sure where to put this but somebody might be interested:

GERALD WALLACE G 45 10-20 0-0 6-8 2 10 12 5 4 2 3 1 26

Yes it is a preseason game but still not bad.