GAME THREAD: California Classic Day 3: Sacramento Kings v. Miami Heat, July 5th, 2PM PST

What will we get for game #3?

• Total voters

dude12

Hall of Famer
He didn’t shoot great but he still had an impact. You got to admit, a virtual donut stat line from Bagley is a little concerning. I hope you all are seeing things in watching the game that can make sense of this. Come on....talk me off the ledge here.
He was supposed to come in and struggle playing defense but looks fairly solid. Needs to play with a good PG right now for offense

If it’s as simple as he’s playing in weird spots on the floor as a SF, I’ll take that. I already gather the guards aren’t doing him any favors. But why isn’t he boarding?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
good play by bagley. liking the fact that his first option was to face-up. puts pressure on the defense and you can get these kinds of fouls
Yep. He's bad posting in the mid-range right now but as a face up player, he can use the threat of his speed to create space to operate.

Haven't been able to watch the game, but it seems like Mason has been pretty bad. Would you guys consider bringing in a vet pg as our backup and a mentor to Fox? T Parker would be great, not sure how much he money he would demand. Maybe someone like Shelvin Mack more realistic?

Haven't been able to watch the game, but it seems like Mason has been pretty bad. Would you guys consider bringing in a vet pg as our backup and a mentor to Fox? T Parker would be great, not sure how much he money he would demand. Maybe someone like Shelvin Mack more realistic?
Put me in the anybody but Mason boat..... Mack is easily better. TBH I was kinda irked when Cory Joseph opted into his deal cuz he'd have been nice on a 3 or 4 year value deal, no way Mason, who looks every bit of a 3rd string or worse pg could beat a legit backup out for the job.

Derek Jones JR. has been summer league Lebron though.
6'11 234lb Bagley couldn't get any type of post position on a 6'7 200lb SF? this performance was pathetic from your #2 overall pick.

I just hope he doesn't get embarrassed by Ayton or probably Jackson on Saturday. Would not be a good look for him at all.

Bagley has much to learn but he’s going to be good. That is not spin. The kid will be ok. How many will spin that he’s not going to be ok after these 3 summer league games.
Can we all admit he was horrific today and showed very little basketball skills? That's what I saw from Bagley today. This is coming from someone who had him 3rd on my overall big board. I'm not a Doncic homer. I'm just very disappointed from the last 2 games I've seen of Bagley. All of his red flags are popping up all over the place. I didn't expect him to improve on them over night, but you need your #2 pick to play better than this. A lot better... especially against a 6'7 200lb SF. That makes it 100% worse.. the fact that he struggled this much vs. an extremely thin SF.

it'll be interesting to see how people will spin this performance by Bagley. 1pt 3rebs 1blk 2tos in 28mins.

he was being guarded by a 6'7 200lb SF. sigh.
Despite the super-duper rawness and inexperience, Giles has looked worlds better this summer league and appears to have the much more well-rounded skillset.

Bagley has to expand his skillset or he's going to bust. By all accounts, he's a hard worker so it's very much possible, but this isn't going to cut it. It's my red flag nightmare I had with Bagley realized.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
6'11 234lb Bagley couldn't get any type of post position on a 6'7 200lb SF? this performance was pathetic from your #2 overall pick.

I just hope he doesn't get embarrassed by Ayton or probably Jackson on Saturday. Would not be a good look for him at all.

He's got a 7'+ wingspan and is hugely athletic. Let's not act like Bagley got D'ed up by Nik Stauskas here.

Not a good performance but go look at the painted area when Bagley got the ball. Spacing my friend, spacing.