[Game] Game 9: Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies, 11/13/14

The best cure for a headcold:

• Total voters
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I meant to imply that the ball was obviously touched, because of the spin, however from the angles I was watching it never showed the ball change directions which would have given the refs a reason (or forced them to have a reason if I'm being honest would be a better way of saying it) to change the call.

The sad thing about JT is that we can't even GIVE him away right now...Nobody wants him and his contract. We are stuck with him unfortunately...that's why I suggest we get ourselves a starting PF to replace him from starting lineup. That's the only way we can become a legit playoff team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I gotta beg to differ with Kayte and Doug a little bit. I don't think that it's a "good" thing that we're going through this. Granted, on a total superficial level, if you'd said in September that we could be 5-4 after nine, I'd have taken it with a smile, but having watched the last three games go down the way that they went down... I'm not smiling any more.

I tend to be of the opinion that there's a point of diminishing returns on "character building" losses.

As soon as B-Mac bricked those two FT's, I knew the Kings would lose on a tip. They just had to. It was too poetic for this team. People can complain about the calls all they want, but the team had a chance at the line to put the game away with 0.6 left on the clock and CHOKED. They folded like a lawn chair. Stop whining about the zebras.

Just curious...
I watch the WWE knowing it's storyline. (fixed, planned, etc.)
Why do you watch the NBA if it's storyline?
As long as I can watch it knowing it's just a storyline, which it is, ill be ok. My own childlike innocence would like to think that sports, not just the NBA, but sports, is about fairness and the best man winning. We know thats not the truth.

Good to hear that the kings are lodging an official complaint about the ending of tonights game.

bottom line is, you think this game is on the up and up. I don't. I think its nothing more than WWE entertainment. You don't. We part, agreeing to disagree.
As much evidence as their is to support this hypothesis, I choose not to accept it. Because if I did I could not watch the games. If I truly believed that the game was rigged, the refs were rigged, the lottery was rigged, and the playoffs were rigged, it would be foolish to watch a contrived scripted sitcom.

Every sport seems to be "RIGGED" these days. I choose to believe that the league and their officials have become biased. Their bias prefers big market and big money over small market small money. Case in point: If it came down to the last week and Say the Kings and Lakers were fighting for the final playoff spot and they played each other to determine which team would make the playoffs, I would bet everything I owned that the Lakers would win that game no matter what. The refs and league are biased plain and simple. But straight up rigged? I choose not to believe that.

Instant replay is a joke because it still leaves the same BUFFOONS on the court making the final call. WHY BOTHER to bring New Jersey into the mix if all they are going to do is show additional angles? How about you have a team of COMPETENT officials CORRECTING all the bad calls made on the court? Officials that are far away and untainted by the emotions of the game. MLB and NFL do it that way. NBA needs to follow suit.

Last edited:
I know i might be in the minority but im kind of sick of this "well they shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place, they had a huge lead blah blah"

This is the NBA, teams are very talented and can make huge runs on a whim, they happen, often. Defenses can breakdown at anytime, this isnt the first time its happend and it happens very often.

How that can be used to completely justify a ref completely missing a game winning call is beyond me. As far as im concerned the refs have the replay for a reason, to get it right. The way the complete incompetence of the refs is being ignored in favor of the "shouldnt have been in that situation" line is laughable.

I completely understand laying this one on the hands of the refs. They blew the call which determined the outcome of the game. If this were the playoffs I would file a petition, take this to congress, whatever we need to do. I really wanted us to get this win against a team that plays a style of basketball we're striving to emulate. It should have been a statement game for the turnaround in Sacramento. But I don't want to win 110 to 109. That Dallas game should have been a big enough wake up call that you can't play hard for 12 minutes and win an NBA game. Evidently we needed a little more schooling on the subject. But this loss will be forgotten about by the end of the year if we're playing the way we're capable of at that point. I'll take a loss in November for 3 wins in March or April. I feel badly for the players who are playing well, but this is part of the process. We see where the problem areas are, so the front office should start working on solutions. And I can't stress enough how Derrick Williams coming out this season and crapping the bed has put us in a tough spot. As recently as last season he was a sometimes explosive scorer off the bench who played solid perimeter D when he wanted to. His attitude this season is horrible and it makes a bad bench even worse.

On that note, I just wanted to say I love all you guys and gals for being here and debating this nonsense late into the night. If I didn't have all of you to complain to when things go wrong and celebrate with when things go right, I'd really go crazy. What a team we've got here folks! Never a dull moment in Kings land!

The ball left his hands prior to the clock starting!!!!!!
As far as I'm concern the shot clock never even started until the ball was going in the basket!

I'm hoping that is part of the learning and growing process of a young team who is learning to win games. We go through these experiences and learn from it. We lost two games with big leads, but we improved in today's game in that we held the lead until all the way to the end...unlike the Dallas game when Dallas was already back in the game at half time.

I know i might be in the minority but im kind of sick of this "well they shouldnt have been in that situation in the first place, they had a huge lead blah blah"

This is the NBA, teams are very talented and can make huge runs on a whim, they happen, often. Defenses can breakdown at anytime, this isnt the first time its happend and it happens very often.

How that can be used to completely justify a ref completely missing a game winning call is beyond me. As far as im concerned the refs have the replay for a reason, to get it right. The way the complete incompetence of the refs is being ignored in favor of the "shouldnt have been in that situation" line is laughable.
When you drop 30 or more points for the next 3 quarters and play matador defense you kinda have it coming

The sad thing about JT is that we can't even GIVE him away right now...Nobody wants him and his contract.
If Chuck Hayes can be traded, Jason Thompson can be traded.

Despite the dumbassness at the end from JT he still has more value around the league as a 3rd big than many here believe.

BTW, did any of our prodigious journalists ask Malone if he told our guys to mark and follow the Griz on that last play or to pack the paint and protect the rim?

As long as I can watch it knowing it's just a storyline, which it is, ill be ok. My own childlike innocence would like to think that sports, not just the NBA, but sports, is about fairness and the best man winning. We know thats not the truth. I

Good to hear that the kings are lodging an official complaint about the ending of tonights game.
View attachment 5014 The ball left his hands prior to the clock starting!!!!!!
This is silvers chance to move the NBA in the right direction. The Giants protested a loss to the cubs last season and MLB let them finish the game at a later date.
Is it too much to want the NBA to move in the right direction?

I thought it was worth the risk at the time.

Now it seems like Mbah A Moute would be a whole lot nicer to have.

I didn't realize Williams was such a jackass.
Yeah it was worth the risk at the time. I didn't realize Williams was a jackass either until hearing it here on the boards. Maybe it's the "I was #2 in the draft" ego mentality that he'll never get over.

I don't even understand why he would run to cover a big man who can't even shoot (I think he was on Koufus), not even going to mention you can't get a shot off in 0.3, but lets say you could ,you want Koufus taking a wide open jumper anyway. Common sense.............Why was Cuz not in the game ,he;s got like the biggest wingspan on our team and is the best rim protector on the team.
If DMC. Isn't in the game at that situation that means they were switching everything which make JT a bigger idiot. Pacers took Hibbert out and so did the spurs with Duncan in similar situations. 100% they were switching. Actually I know they were switching and can put money they were go look at the replay the minute Gay got screen he stayed with the screener didn't even fight over that's a tell tell sign that and Boogie on the bench.

This is silvers chance to move the NBA in the right direction. The Giants protested a loss to the cubs last season and MLB let them finish the game at a later date.
Is it too much to want the NBA to move in the right direction?
Too bad no one cares about Sacramento. Maybe if we were New York, LA, Miami,etc. and we got more attention, the media would make a bigger deal about the officiating and the NBA would consider changing the call. But why point out a bad referee mistake and make your employees look bad when no one is noticing it?

Definitely should try to get it trending on twitter...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
On a whim? Seriously? :rolleyes:

What's laughable is people acting like thirty-odd minutes of bad defense can be hand-waved away by a questionable call, just because it happened to be particularly visible.