[Game] Game 27: Sacramento Kings vs. Los Angeles Lakers, 12/21/14, 3 PM PST, 6 PM EST

Who's to blame?

• Total voters
When the entire bench COMBINED contributes 11pts, shooting 3 of 13 from the field (0/6 from 3pt),
and when the bench only passes 3 assists in over 60 minutes (half of Rudy's production),
and when the starters only make 60% of their FTs (20/31), while the bench players make a perpect 100% of them, but only get to the line 5 times,
then:
No wonder we grind our starters to the ground (every one of them except JT was active 37-40 minutes! That's 80% of game time!)
There's no way we can win against any medium-level NBA team this way. We can only pull that off against a terrible team like the 2015 Lakers.

So tonight we needed scoring...
The top scorers off our bench are Casspi (8.2 a game), Landry (7.9), D-Will (6.4) and Sessions (6.3).
Per 36 minutes it's Omri & Derrick on the lead.

...with decent percentage -
The best FG-percentage from the bench belongs to Hollins (66%) and Casspi (53.9%).

...and frequent, well-executed FT attempts -
The best FT-percentage from the bench (and on the team!) is Landry's (86.3%) and Casspi's (85.3%).
The highest frequency of FT attempts off the bench? D-Will (6.2 per 36min) and Casspi (5.9 per 36min)

...and, of course, we needed ball movement, which our team lacks big time...
Our top assisters off the bench are Sessions (5.8 per 36min) RayMac (2.8) and Casspi (2.7).
BTW, Landry & D-Will are dead last in thas category, with 1.0 & 0.8 respectivly.
Now, why would we deny ourselves of our best contributors in several much-needed aspects?
(Casspi & Sessions totally M.I.A,
Ray & Hollins almost so as well)

Anyone?

K

KingMilz

That last move Cousins made where Jordan Hill and Kobe doubled him and he spun through, pivoted for a soft dunk was one of the greatest things I have ever seen, for a person to be that talented seriously could Cuz share some of that talent with the rest of the world.... my lord.

I liked the win but I thought we played terrible

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I couldn't help myself. I went to a certain Laker fan site and read their game thread... It is very clear the average Laker fan is totally fed up with Kobe Bryant, but there are also a number of them who blame Byron Scott for not limiting his minutes. All is definitely very far from well in Laker land. When they're posting that Kobe should have been T'd up and that Ben McLemore had his way with him, it's pretty clear they're worse off than we are...and I smiled. :)

K

KingMilz

I couldn't help myself. I went to a certain Laker fan site and read their game thread... It is very clear the average Laker fan is totally fed up with Kobe Bryant, but there are also a number of them who blame Byron Scott for not limiting his minutes. All is definitely very far from well in Laker land. When they're posting that Kobe should have been T'd up and that Ben McLemore had his way with him, it's pretty clear they're worse off than we are...and I smiled. :)
Grant and Jerry said it best when they said the Lakers have guys playing for stats and Kobe is the number 1 guy playing for stats/scoring records.

I think at this point the Lakers are basically what the Kings are (even worse) without DMC, Kobe is essentially the #1 option and like Rudy Gay just can't do that at this point in time, imo Kobe if he were willing to accept a role as a #2 option could still be a really productive player that helps you win like Rudy Gay does as a #2. Also his effort on defense is non existent other than the odd reach in. If Kobe didn't sign that stupid 22million dollar deal he could have actually got help but reality is he wanted to be the main guy to put up stats.

I was on the way to LA for the holidays so I missed out on the win. I did get a consolation prize and saw a truck with Lakers suck donkey expletive painted on its rear window.

I am really glad Kings at least won this one. It would be just disgrace to loose to Kobe which is "playing" to broke some more records (not concerned how awfull it looks) and Byron Scott which benched Lin (no, he's not star but he can play) for Price which should be waived month ago.