[Game] Game 23: Houston Rockets @ Sacramento Kings, 12/11/14. 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST

Should Tetsujin be allowed to shirk his duty to go out partying in Tokyo?

• Where's Tokyo?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, Malone headed straight for the locker room after the whistle. Think he's pissed?
Yes. He'll go into his press conference talking about not sharing the ball and guys hurting the team. Then he'll trot out the same weak offense next game while giving pt to the same guys struggling.

Again, I like Malone and think he deserves a chance to continue building this team. But he has to, absolutely has to, start making some adjustments and not just expecting things to change magically.

Didn't you know these losses don't count because Cousins is out. Close games against good teams is a perfect time to bring in rookies to give them their confidence. Who cares about these silly things called wins.
That is the part that I DO NOT understand. I cant see any scenario where bringing in Stauskas with the game on the line is a good coaching move. He was not shooting the lights out. His defense was porous, and he looked scared. That and leaving Sessions in long enough to sink any chance of winning was our undoing. All the missed free throws didnt help. Bad game by the whole team. Without Cousins they are just a bad team.

K

KingMilz

Does your game plan involve McLemore playing forty-eight minutes?
No I mean we could trade him for something we actually need and get a decent cheap back up SG/spark plug which is not that hard to find. There's plenty of chuckers out there who are solid vets. I'm asking cause why would you develop two guys at the same time in the same position?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No I mean we could trade him for something we actually need and get a decent cheap back up SG/spark plug which is not that hard to find. There's plenty of chuckers out there who are solid vets.
OMG. That has to be one of the most ludicrous posts I've read. Now I KNOW I'm done for the night before one of my fellow mods has to do something drastic. Holy crap.

K

KingMilz

OMG. That has to be one of the most ludicrous posts I've read. Now I KNOW I'm done for the night before one of my fellow mods has to do something drastic. Holy crap.
I didn't mean trade Nik for a chucker, I meant we could easily get one eventually. We could try trade Nik in a package for a starting PF or something we need.

This was old before the 100th time you repeated it.
Thats the response I have been getting every time I question our coach.

Blew another lead. (This has been a problem with Cousins too)

Learning through TNT that we are installing new offensive sets 20 games into the season ? That has to be a joke right?

What was Malone coaching; "hey give the ball to big Cuz and stand around"

People blaming Malone need to have there accounts suspended for a day. I mean **** does that crap get old how is it Malones fault nobody could hit a ****in FT by the way the same reason we lost vs LA. Is it Malones fault Gay couldn't bye a basket. And the worst thing why the **** did he shoot a 3 when Tarik Black switched and was guarding him with 33 seconds left. Black was guarding him go by him but than again that was Malones fault too.

Legit playoff level team? LOL. Come on now. We won a few games here and there, but let's not kid ourselves, even with a healthy team, we weren't going to win 48-52 games.
With Rudy and Cuz, we were rolling and much of that came with the toughest schedule in the league. When broken down there wasn't much reason we couldn't have reached 24-16 to 26-14 through this stretch we're going through. That's smack in the middle of the playoff race.

With Cuz out there we can win any night, against any team. One of the most dominant offensive forces in the league.

The whole thing has also crumbled without him and weaknesses some have seen before are becoming more obvious and more severe now, from coaching/rotations/poor sets to player personnel issues. Cuz just happens to be good enough to cover a lot of it up.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Do we really need Nik if we have Ben developing at this rate is my question? Ben has shown to have a much higher ceiling as well what's the point of developing two guys that for the most part won't play together and play the same position?
It depends how much potential you see in Nik I suppose. I think ideally our third guard should be able to back-up both positions credibly. That's sortof the role Stauskas was drafted to fill isn't it? There is a question of how long we can wait for him to develop when we have a very good starting unit already, better than most expected, and are trying to end a decade long playoff drought. If you really believe in his potential it's probably worth it to ride out the early struggles and hope that ideal third guard we need is already right there on the roster. Conversely, if you're not as high on his potential we could use him in a trade possibly to help us get that third big we need (someone who can play PF and C and be a defensive anchor for us when Cousins is on the bench) -- and try to find a veteran who's ready to fill the third guard role this season. I don't know how much trade value Nik has right now, but it did occur to me that Milwaukee has a surplus of defensive bigs and needs a SG to develop. Could be a decent match. But with no legit SGs on the roster other than Nik and Ben, there'd better be some kind of contingency plan in place before you pull that trigger. We could see what might be available with our IT trade exception. There aren't a lot of tradeable assets on our team right now.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
People blaming Malone need to have there accounts suspended for a day. I mean **** does that poopoo get old how is it Malones fault nobody could hit a ****in FT by the way the same reason we lost vs LA. Is it Malones fault Gay couldn't bye a basket. And the worst thing why the **** did he shoot a 3 when Tarik Black switched and was guarding him with 33 seconds left. Black was guarding him go by him but than again that was Malones fault too.
Yes, it's Malone's fault. Don't you understand the game? :rolleyes:

Is it Malones fault Gay couldn't bye a basket. And the worst thing why the **** did he shoot a 3 when Tarik Black switched and was guarding him with 33 seconds left. Black was guarding him go by him but than again that was Malones fault too.
Rudy not being able to BUY a basket is even more reason for the coach to not draw up the final play for him

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It depends how much potential you see in Nik I suppose. I think ideally our third guard should be able to back-up both positions credibly. That's sortof the role Stauskas was drafted to fill isn't it? There is a question of how long we can wait for him to develop when we have a very good starting unit already, better than most expected, and are trying to end a decade long playoff drought. If you really believe in his potential it's probably worth it to ride out the early struggles and hope that ideal third guard we need is already right there on the roster. Conversely, if you're not as high on his potential we could use him in a trade possibly to help us get that third big we need (someone who can play PF and C and be a defensive anchor for us when Cousins is on the bench) -- and try to find a veteran who's ready to fill the third guard role this season. I don't know how much trade value Nik has right now, but it did occur to me that Milwaukee has a surplus of defensive bigs and needs a SG to develop. Could be a decent match. But with no legit SGs on the roster other than Nik and Ben, there'd better be some kind of contingency plan in place before you pull that trigger. We could see what might be available with our IT trade exception. There aren't a lot of tradeable assets on our team right now.
I think Nik is going to be good next year or the after that. I have patience. We were awful last year and started this year very good. I am nowhere near giving up on the players or the coach.

People blaming Malone need to have there accounts suspended for a day. I mean **** does that poopoo get old how is it Malones fault nobody could hit a ****in FT by the way the same reason we lost vs LA. Is it Malones fault Gay couldn't bye a basket. And the worst thing why the **** did he shoot a 3 when Tarik Black switched and was guarding him with 33 seconds left. Black was guarding him go by him but than again that was Malones fault too.
These arguments are getting too extreme, with people picking sides. Both sides are at fault.

Rudy missed shots he makes most nights. DC was careless with the ball. Our defense was quite poor at inopportune times. Our bench gets lit up almost every night. Bad turnovers. That's largely the players.

Rotations are an issue. The lack of adjustments along with poor movement/spacing are also problems, and that's largely on the coaching staff.

Absolving Malone of blame is incorrect, just as putting all the blame on the players is incorrect.