[Game] Game 23: Houston Rockets @ Sacramento Kings, 12/11/14. 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST

Should Tetsujin be allowed to shirk his duty to go out partying in Tokyo?

• Where's Tokyo?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: Tetsujin sent me a note early this morning, stating he was out on the town in Tokyo and wouldn't be doing today's game thread. So, I'm getting it started but I won't even attempt to do it with the same dramatic flair of the esteemed thread starter extraordinaire. ;)

Tonight's game is on TNT, following the Cavaliers-Thunder matchup. No doubt a lot of viewers are going to stay for the Kings game hoping to see Cousins play. Unfortunately, they're going to be disappointed. All we can do is hope everybody not wearing #15 for the Kings finds a way to step up and make it at least an interesting game.

Everything happens for a reason. I have always believed that. I just have never been able to accept that sometimes I'm not privy to what those reasons are. It's kind of like that with Omri Casspi's sudden disappearance. We can only hope that he miraculously reappears for tonight's game.

We're also hoping to welcome back Tyrone Corbin to the sidelines, walking boot and all. We need all the available tools in our toolbox tonight - and Corbin has by most accounts been a real positive on the bench for the players and for Malone.

Let's not fool ourselves. Tonight is not going to be easy. BUT if there is a great god Naismith (and I firmly believe there is) then perhaps he'll smile down on us tonight. I never wish injuries on anyone but if a couple of Rockets happen to get lost on the way to the arena, that's not our fault, right? ;)

It's time for All-Star voting. Remember to vote to send Demarcus and Rudy to the game, and Ben to the RisingStars.

Vote here: http://allstarballot.nba.com/

Also, you can tweet (and retweet) a vote by tweeting the player's name and hashtag:

Demarcus Cousins #NBABallot
Rudy Gay #NBABallot
Ben McLemore #NBABallot #NBARisingStars

Do NOT vote for players from other teams in the same categories as DMC, Rudy and Ben.

It's good to see a lot of fans of other teams tweeting messages about voting for Cousins because "he's a beast!"

Once, now and forever ... GO KINGS!!!

G

GQ_Gabriel

Hey guys, so I'm purchasing tickets for tonight's game online from someone on Craigslist, but I'm a little weary after hearing about how people get ripped off. Does anyone know if there's a way I can find out if the tickets are valid before I buy them?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey guys, so I'm purchasing tickets for tonight's game online from someone on Craigslist, but I'm a little weary after hearing about how people get ripped off. Does anyone know if there's a way I can find out if the tickets are valid before I buy them?
My suggestion would be to call the Box Office and ask them. I've heard horror stories about people buying tickets off Craigslist, however, so be careful.

The Kings lose to the Lakers I have a bad feeling about tonight against the Rockets

I know he wont do it but I really want Michael to give Eric a chance. Not in the starting lineup just yet but give him like 25 minutes and he wont be going to Reno anytime soon lol

If the Kings win this game, Tetsu is banned from making a game thread again until they lose :p

anyway, i think the Kings are in for a major struggle on offense tonight. i watched the Rockets playing some awesome defense on the Warriors last night for most of the game. Specifically Beverly on Curry. Collison and Gay are going to have tough nights against Ariza/Beverly and don't be surprised to see double teams thrown at them since nobody else is much of a threat. i'll be shocked if we score more than 85 points tonight.

And Ben staying out of foul trouble against possibly the biggest NBA foul magnet is going to be crucial

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I didn't think the Kings had another TNT game...this game must of been flexed. That being said, I hope we play hard and compete because we aren't going to win most likely...also hope we don't see the James Harden free throw shoot out. How about some Casspi tonight, what say you Coach Malone?

I didn't think the Kings had another TNT game...this game must of been flexed. That being said, I hope we play hard and compete because we aren't going to win most likely...also hope we don't see the James Harden free throw shoot out. How about some Casspi tonight, what say you Coach Malone?
i had no idea this game was on TNT until last week either. But it couldn't have been flexed, because like Slim said, it's the only game on today in the 7:30 time slot

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
FYI - I printed out the Kings telecast schedule the day it came out. It has always shown tonight's game as being carried by TNT.

Malone is stubborn. He doesn't play the guys who deserve to play

Some team's coaches are ex point guards, I've been wanted Vivek or Pete to hire Mike Bibby the head coach of this team

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know, I have endeavored to set doiwn certain rules for the Grading Consortium, they include:

-- no jobs, they interfere with grading
-- no school that interferes with grading
-- no friends that interfere wiht grading
-- no family that interferes with grading
-- no vacations
-- no sleep that interferes with grading
-- don't get sick
-- don't die

etc.

Now, admittedly its difficult to keep the undisciplined louts' noses to the grindstone, and certain troublemakers (looking at you Baja!) consitently violate a number of those tenets, but i think they are a good set of guidelines, and should probably be applied to our Game thread starter too. Where's the deidcation man?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ramon Sessions for coach?
He has to get in line behind Jim Les (who admittedly is doing a fantastic job developing UC Davis's basketball program), Spud, Jason Williams, Jon Barry, Derrick Martin, Tyrone Corbin (who is actually a coach and on our staff so that's not THAT unlikely), Bobby Jackson, Ronnie Price, Eddie House, Mike Bibby, Anthony Johnson, Mateen, Orien Green, Beno Udrih, Pooh Jeter, Tyreke, IT, Aaron Brooks, and of course Jason Hart among many others

Thoughts on this: Vivek opens up his wallet and offers Rick Adelman the head coaching position Wishful thinking or a possibility?

I know he's retired but that can only mean so much when money speaks. Look at Phil Jackson. He inherited a mess in New York but it getting paid a pretty penny