[Game] Game 2: Sacrificial Kiwis vs. Portalville Train Balmers 12/27/12, 7:00 BGM 10:00 EDY

I feel...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would trade Rudy for Klay no problem. but i wouldn't be too thrilled with Paying Klay 70mil for 4 years :eek:

I mean this sincerely; are people just getting caught up with the flavor of the moment when they say things like this? I for one would not trade Rudy for Klay. Rudy makes a greater impact on games in a positive way. How it is that you all are claiming you would trade Rudy for Klay after having watched Rudy play last year is beyond reason.

Dont know about you guys, but I'm just happy they won a game !!! Now just 34 more to make my prediction come true. Rudy Gay was awesome and the rest of the team played pretty good. Collison is quickly making me forget about IT. AND he plays defense ?? We were out matched at the PF and SG positions again but the team defense kinda rotated and played well enough to keep the damage to a minimum. Pleasantly surprised by how well Stauskas plays defense. No love from the refs but what do you expect. JT continues to be the poster child for lowest BBIQ in the NBA. Sheesh that guy would make baskets for the other team if they didnt point him in the right direction. I just want to know who ties his sneakers before the game? Casspi and his hussle game is doing better than I imagined it would. Somebody tell Malone to bench Sessions and put in Ray.

Dont know about you guys, but I'm just happy they won a game !!! Now just 34 more to make my prediction come true. Rudy Gay was awesome and the rest of the team played pretty good. Collison is quickly making me forget about IT. AND he plays defense ?? We were out matched at the PF and SG positions again but the team defense kinda rotated and played well enough to keep the damage to a minimum. Pleasantly surprised by how well Stauskas plays defense. No love from the refs but what do you expect. JT continues to be the poster child for lowest BBIQ in the NBA. Sheesh that guy would make baskets for the other team if they didnt point him in the right direction. I just want to know who ties his sneakers before the game? Casspi and his hussle game is doing better than I imagined it would. Somebody tell Malone to bench Sessions and put in Ray.
Totally agree about Ray Mac. I'll be really surprised if the vast of majority of us don't think he's a more valuable player than Sessions in the near future

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Totally agree about Ray Mac. I'll be really surprised if the vast of majority of us don't think he's a more valuable player than Sessions in the near future
Sigh, you don't bench an established 6 year vet after 2 poor games. We have 6 years of evidence of who he is, and for that matter a superior preseason as well.

I mean this sincerely; are people just getting caught up with the flavor of the moment when they say things like this? I for one would not trade Rudy for Klay. Rudy makes a greater impact on games in a positive way. How it is that you all are claiming you would trade Rudy for Klay after having watched Rudy play last year is beyond reason.
I think Klay did the responding for me tonight. 14-18fg 41pts

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think Klay did the responding for me tonight. 14-18fg 41pts
Well if we're going to get into a stupid stats pissing match about Rudy and Klay, it would probably be good to point out that Rudy scored 40 points on 19 shots and added 8 boards, all against a team that wasn't the Lakers (in other words, not terrible). In fact, Batum's often been regarded as one of the better defenders at the small forward position.

But this is all a rather pointless argument since I'm pretty sure either team isn't going to want to trade either player for the other.

Sigh, you don't bench an established 6 year vet after 2 poor games. We have 6 years of evidence of who he is, and for that matter a superior preseason as well.
You are of course correct. However if you continue to get this kind of ahh... contribution from Sessions, I could certainly see Ray Mac getting some playing time to see if he has the ability to perform the backup PG position more effectively. Kid is gonna earn his minutes. Especially with an established vet in front of him. BUT if he does earn the minutes and starts producing on both sides of the ball, then I can see Sessions moving further down the bench. I'm pulling for Ray Mac to get his chance. I think he is going to be a very good player, and we already know what to expect from Sessions even when he is playing well. Which so far we have not seen.

Well if we're going to get into a stupid stats pissing match about Rudy and Klay, it would probably be good to point out that Rudy scored 40 points on 19 shots and added 8 boards, all against a team that wasn't the Lakers (in other words, not terrible). In fact, Batum's often been regarded as one of the better defenders at the small forward position.

But this is all a rather pointless argument since I'm pretty sure either team isn't going to want to trade either player for the other.
I watched the GSW vs Lakers game. Klay was checked by Kobe for a large part of the game and Klay was defending Kobe. In the last quarter Wes Johnson was on Klay and Iggy was on Kobe. Klay faced pretty good defense to score his 41. Klay was pretty impressive on BOTH ends of the floor.

Still I think I agree Rudy's 41 was a better effort because Portland has a better team than the Lakers have.

What I like about what I've seen from Omri so far is that what he brings is sustainable. It's hustle, it's attacking the rim, it's crashing boards, giving energy on D and making the smart pass.

Some nights will be better than others but Casspi will give consistent effort. With Williams the inconsistency is maddening. It's all or nothing with him. If his shot isn't falling it isn't as if he rebounds of gives more effort on D - he just fades completely. At this point I view him as little more than an expiring contract.

It wasn't much but some signs of life from McLemore on offense. And both he and Nik have been better than I expected on defense. But for this team to be competitive both are going to have to consistently knock down open threes.
Yes. What's nice from my (israeli) point of view is that Casspi is leaving good impression even without 3pt shooting (which is least reliable part of game of almost anyone and certainly Casspi) As already told and actually it was seen in Houston already, he much less relies on long-range shooting and if it's not "on", he's always looking for other ways to be productive and with improved ballhandling and passing he can do it quite well.

Yes. What's nice from my (israeli) point of view is that Casspi is leaving good impression even without 3pt shooting (which is least reliable part of game of almost anyone and certainly Casspi) As already told and actually it was seen in Houston already, he much less relies on long-range shooting and if it's not "on", he's always looking for other ways to be productive and with improved ballhandling and passing he can do it quite well.
Funny that I noticed that too. I think Omri's biggest enemy in the NBA has been his own head. When he came out as a 3pt shooter, his confidence was based totally on sinking the 3-pointers. When he didn't sink them, he began to spiral down, because he was not able to keep his confidence. Now he is not taking them at all, which is good. He needs to stabilize his place in the rotation with his balanced team ball qualities and score from the drives to the bucket and active rebounding. Only when he has established his place in the team should he go for the 3-pointers that he can sink, but only when he has his confidence.

K

KingMilz

Klay Thompson 41 (14/18) 5 and 5 today

Don't get me wrong i am a HUGE fan of Rudy. The reason i made the comment that i would make that trade is for a few reasons

-We don't know if Rudy will even stay here after the season
-Klay is younger
-Klay is a very good defender
-Klay is a knock down shooter that we desperately need

But with all of that said, We have Rudy Gay and the Warriors have locked up Thompson for a while. So let's go Rudy!!!!!! Hope he can keep up the efficiency we saw on Friday

K

KingMilz

Again, it was against the Lakers. Let's see how he does against the Trailblazers, and then compare. We can wait that long, can't we?
O please it's the NBA if you put up 41 on 14/18 shooting while having to actually defend a guy going back at you in Kobe Bryant (Batum was super passive which has been a long time criticism of his) I don't care who it's against. it's super impressive as was Rudy Gay.

Funny that I noticed that too. I think Omri's biggest enemy in the NBA has been his own head. When he came out as a 3pt shooter, his confidence was based totally on sinking the 3-pointers. When he didn't sink them, he began to spiral down, because he was not able to keep his confidence. Now he is not taking them at all, which is good. He needs to stabilize his place in the rotation with his balanced team ball qualities and score from the drives to the bucket and active rebounding. Only when he has established his place in the team should he go for the 3-pointers that he can sink, but only when he has his confidence.
What's interesting is that as young player in Israel Casspi wasn't known as shooter at all. If you'll find pre-draft analysis you'll see that many writers said that he should improve long-range shooting. Maccabi knows many shooting wings (for example, Doron Jamchi was proliferic 3pt shooter SF in 199x) but Casspi wasn't the man shooting off screens - he was quick big athletic SF moving well without ball and making most of his points close to basket... Before moving to NBA Casspi felt that his athletism in NBA is not that convincing as in Europe and worked hard on his shot. So in last year in Maccabi he was hitting 3pt with good rate but it was small portion of his points... Now, summer before his first NBA season he worked on quicker release of ball and he had great shooting success in preseason and first half of the season... So he started to overuse the 3pt shot and it was not completely his failure as coaches were trying to use him as shooter as if he were Stojakovic (or Jamchi :) ) .
What's good about Omri is that he always trying to improve and adopt (to the league and to the team). But it's sometime backfires as with 3pt shooting and even more - with his attempt to gain more muscles before first season in Cavs... But now I think he is doing right things with improving ballhandling and attacking basket and also with understanding his role as (hopefully important) role-player. He just needs a little more playing time :)

Last edited: