[Game] Friday morning game

He should be benched, it would be good for him. But it's hard to explain to you why, so i won't.

As for the No. 24, as you call him one of the best shooters in the league, he isn't, and with him in a team, with role he has now, you can forget playoffs.
Take your time and write it out. I'm genuinely curious. After watching Joker I am really into the rants of crazy people right now.

I’m not one to overreact to a preseason game, let alone the 2nd preseason game played half way around the world w/o a ton of practice time leading up to it. So, I’m terms of team performance and score, I won’t.

But I did skim through the game recorded on my DVR. The first and only thing that really kinda irritated me was Bagley still defaulting to his left hand. I thought these guys worked really hard on their games during the offseason?

IMO there’s no excuse for a 2nd year pro — even a young one at that — putting the ball on a tee for Miles Turner on a layup. When a defender is on your left side, you use your right hand to complete the play. But Bagley brings the ball right back to defender for the easiest block anyone could ever get. 95% of players around the league could have blocked that shot.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

Use your off hand dude. It’s not hard. I play at a level worlds below these guys, and I can do it.

This one was easy. The "I have some numbers so anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot" attitude. Plus the user name - puh-lease. Exactly what the ignore function is for!
Yeah, there are quite a few of what I call ‘new age’ basketball fans that like to believe that advanced stats are infallible. And because they get so into it and have what they believe to be an experts understanding of them, they are unrelenting. I’ve ignored a few of those types.

I certainly believe analytics have a place in the game, but isn’t the end all, be all and is often overvalued and over-relied upon.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He should be benched, it would be good for him. But it's hard to explain to you why, so i won't.

As for the No. 24, as you call him one of the best shooters in the league, he isn't,
and with him in a team, with role he has now, you can forget playoffs.
You’re right. He’s not one of the best shooters in the league, he’s literally one of the best shooters of all time.

As for the No. 24, as you call him one of the best shooters in the league, he isn't, and with him in a team, with role he has now, you can forget playoffs.
It's not hard to explain. Its impossible to explain and not sound like a blithering idiot. Which is why you wont.

I like this guy!

Overreacting two games in pre-season is funny. Only thing I’m worried about right now is how long it’ll take the King’s bigs to adjust. Lots of long rebounds and rebounding out of their areas.

Observations from the first couple games....

Rebounding and pick and roll defense were atrocious. Bagley got exposed big time at the end of last year on his pick and roll defense and it looks like that has carried over. It was practically an instant bucket any time the Pacers put him in it. WCS not being there to handle that area was glaring the first two games.

The Pacers looked about twice as athletic as the Kings. Lack of athleticism could be something to watch for this year.

The shooting is going to be very good. Dedmon's shot looks really good. Bogie could wind up with the highest 3pt% on the team but Buddy will still wind up being more efficient overall due to taking more 3s. Hopefully this is the year where Bogie breaks out.

CoJo, Ariza and Holmes were missed big time in the 2nd game on the defensive side of the ball. Their defense is going to be very important for us this year. Giles' may be as well if he's good to go.

And guys, knock it off with the "OMG you're overreacting after one preseason game!!!" nonsense. You make people feel like they aren't even allowed to give their opinions on the game without being called a drama queen.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think what we can take away based on two preseason games thus far is that the Kings will get punished inside because physically they just aren't strong enough and two, they will get outrebounded on most nights unless the team as a whole gang rebounds.

I think what we can take away based on two preseason games thus far is that the Kings will get punished inside because physically they just aren't strong enough and two, they will get outrebounded on most nights unless the team as a whole gang rebounds.
Scheme.

Switching on defense. So bigs have to rebound out of their area. Wings n guards need to be aware n help. Fox/Buddy might average 5 boards per this year.

Playing 4 out most the time on offense. Dedmon was playing above the three line 80% of the time. A ton of times, Bags was boarding against 3 dudes.

It’ll take some time, but once they get it down, it’ll be fun.

Responding to others, not worried about Fox. He was looking to facilitate. Playing at 3/4 speed. A number of times, when he did drive, Turner was hovering and came over.

Rebounding and pick and roll defense were atrocious. Bagley got exposed big time at the end of last year on his pick and roll defense and it looks like that has carried over. It was practically an instant bucket any time the Pacers put him in it. WCS not being there to handle that area was glaring the first two games.

The Pacers looked about twice as athletic as the Kings. Lack of athleticism could be something to watch for this year.

The shooting is going to be very good. Dedmon's shot looks really good. Bogie could wind up with the highest 3pt% on the team but Buddy will still wind up being more efficient overall due to taking more 3s. Hopefully this is the year where Bogie breaks out.

CoJo, Ariza and Holmes were missed big time in the 2nd game on the defensive side of the ball. Their defense is going to be very important for us this year. Giles' may be as well if he's good to go.

And guys, knock it off with the "OMG you're overreacting after one preseason game!!!" nonsense. You make people feel like they aren't even allowed to give their opinions on the game without being called a drama queen.
Physically? Yes. Athleticism? No.

Much easier to look explosive when you’re in year 3/4 of a system. Looking clumsy in the first two games of a new system is to be expected. Dudes are thinking right now. It’ll click 5 to 10 games into the season.

The set offense looks significantly better than last year. Lots of high screen action between PG n Bigs while wings run counter to the screen. Offensive rebounding will suffer some, but I like it. More dynamic.

I agree. If you are a Serbian fan (or parent) of Bogi, you have reason to be upset why Fox is apparently freezing your favorite player (son) out. It’s also not unreasonable to make the case Bogi is a better player than Buddy. Bogi is close as a shooter, clearly better off the dribble, and better in crunch time.

I have two kids involved in pro sports and after the last two games, I would be thinking hard about telling my child to get the hell out. It’s still early, let’s hope it changes.

Last edited:
Scheme.

Switching on defense. So bigs have to rebound out of their area. Wings n guards need to be aware n help. Fox/Buddy might average 5 boards per this year.

Playing 4 out most the time on offense. Dedmon was playing above the three line 80% of the time. A ton of times, Bags was boarding against 3 dudes.

It’ll take some time, but once they get it down, it’ll be fun.

Responding to others, not worried about Fox. He was looking to facilitate. Playing at 3/4 speed. A number of times, when he did drive, Turner was hovering and came over.
So if he was looking to facilitate why no pass to Bogi in overtime or in the entire 3rd quarter they played small ball?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I support everyone's right to an opinion as long as I also have the right to ridicule them for how utterly ridiculous their idea is.
I mean, benching De'Aaron and trading Buddy are two undeniably dumb ideas that are unsupportable by almost any measure.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Steven Adams looking pretty good right now lol.
We don't have the assets to trade for him (well technically we do but trading Buddy, Bagley, and a couple of draft picks for a glue role player big man who can't shoot is kinda beside the point) or the salary fodder even if we wanted him.

I support everyone's right to an opinion as long as I also have the right to ridicule them for how utterly ridiculous their idea is.
I mean, benching De'Aaron and trading Buddy are two undeniably dumb ideas that are unsupportable by almost any measure.
Just curious. Suppose DeArron is freezing out Bogi. How would you handle it?

It's preseason and he's not.

And even if he was, Bogi is a free agent after the season so that solves that.
Given Fox didn’t throw a single pass to Bogi in 5 minutes of overtime or most of a third quarter you have a pretty hard case to make he is not... but basically you avoided my question unless ignore it is your answer.

And yes it would to the detriment of the team.

Admittedly I did not see today’s game. I watched the first game, and Fox “freezing out” Bogi never crossed my mind. You seem to be very concerned by this, as mentioned in your last 12 posts.
Watch them both then comment.

And I’m defending the Serbian guy who comments aren’t quite as inane when put in that context. Serbia is a small country, he may have context we don’t to which he alluded.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
And I’m defending the Serbian guy who comments aren’t quite as inane when put in that context. Serbia is a small country, he may have context we don’t to which he alluded.
I'm not entirely certain what the size of Serbia has to do with anything. Furthermore, I'm not sure that there has been much in the way of allusion from our new Serbian board member. Buddy is bad and should be traded, Fox should be benched, Bogdan should start alongside Cory Joseph. This is pretty obvious stuff, and we have a name for it: "Player-Fan". There's nothing necessarily wrong with being a fan of a player rather than a fan of a team, but sometimes it manifests itself in the quest for individual glory over team results, and you get what we had here this morning. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men. (Sorry, fell into my Strother Martin for a second there.)

The only reason im disturbed by these first two preseason games is that it is a continuation of how the team played at the end of last season. It's pathetic basketball.

I'm not entirely certain what the size of Serbia has to do with anything. Furthermore, I'm not sure that there has been much in the way of allusion from our new Serbian board member. Buddy is bad and should be traded, Fox should be benched, Bogdan should start alongside Cory Joseph. This is pretty obvious stuff, and we have a name for it: "Player-Fan". There's nothing necessarily wrong with being a fan of a player rather than a fan of a team, but sometimes it manifests itself in the quest for individual glory over team results, and you get what we had here this morning. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men. (Sorry, fell into my Strother Martin for a second there.)
It's not even a matter of team results - it's clearly watching a total of two kings preseason games ever and making judgment on that. I had to look up who no. 40 was.. and that's who he is suggesting starts.

Than you mac for your respect, and time you took to look up No. 40.

I am sorry if i caused any troubles, but my opinion is diffrent, i'll try to respect you back and explain my
opinion, and after that i'll stop.

No. 5 is 21 yeara old, he has it all phisicaly, great speed etc. His problem is bugging, controling that speed, and more important controling the glory and expectations. He needs to be guided, and i strongly beleve in learning by rewards and punishmen, thats why benching, to get him back a little to the ground.

No. 24 has his ability to think put in Davi Jones locker... So use him as 2nd unit to come in and bring up energy with hard defence and just shooting 3s in transition or of the screens, with no thinking required. Or you can trade him wile he is popular for player on position 3 so No. 40 doesn't start.

And just to let you know this is only my opinion, it might be wrong, but i know it isn't :) So