Free Agency

Bell is someone many of us liked entering the draft and looked pretty good early on, is he still looking like a good piece or has he flatlined?
Such a strange career arc. He looked absolutely incredible his rookie season, like the next coming of Draymond and for some reason hasn't caught on elsewhere. I'd much rather take a flier on a guy like him or a Thon Maker than give a contract to someone like Whiteside.

Such a strange career arc. He looked absolutely incredible his rookie season, like the next coming of Draymond and for some reason hasn't caught on elsewhere. I'd much rather take a flier on a guy like him or a Thon Maker than give a contract to someone like Whiteside.
Yeah, he’s 26 next year so relatively young, and a PF, a position we might be weak on come the trade deadline. From what I can tell worth a consideration.

Adrian Wojnarowski - "The Sacramento Kings have declined to match the Atlanta Hawks’ four-year, $72 million offer sheet for restricted free agent guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, sources tell ESPN."

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I see a lot of comments about potential up above. Bell is not going to get better at this point, it's a complete waste of a roster spot regardless of salary....unless we need some tank players
I mean.. we have to fill the remaining roster somehow. What are better choices? A returning Kosta Koufos and Glenn Robinson the third?

I mean.. we have to fill the remaining roster somehow. What are better choices? A returning Kosta Koufos and Glenn Robinson the third?
Yeah, I’m not sure who’s left after the opening day frenzy. I did ask if Bell had flatlined or if maybe he just needs a change of system or come home to his mommas California cooking, regardless hes got the profile of a player we should be interested in.

I don't mind Bell because he probably won't move the needle and can probably be signed on a one year only deal at low cost. Possible trade chip at end of season. But of course if something changed and he suddenly had value, that is ok, too, I guess. But unlikely.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Is Justin Patton any good. Hes another high pick big from the 2017 draft class and I see he just got waived by the Clippers.
Sure, why not! Let’s just sign every recent lottery/1st rounder that’s been let go. They can hang with Bagley and repair their stocks and be the ultimate actual Young SuperTeam in 2021.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a Whiteside deal, AS LONG as it's cheap and for one year only.

If there was ever a way to destroy a team for one year and ensure tanking it'd be to combine an awful fit like Bagley and Whiteside, Walton's awful coaching, and Buddy/Whiteside's locker room grousing.

I don’t read James Ham’s work. Every time he’s brought up, he sounds near incompetent.
My two fave Ham articles were:

1. That Boogie piece and how the Kings were set to max him. A week or so later, Boogie got punted to the Pels.
2. That Markelle Fultz piece and how he was the perfect PG for the Kings. How they should consider mortgaging the future for him. I wasn't here then, but stated on STR that I thought Fultz was vastly overrated.

Long story short, yea, Ham doesn't really do his own hoops homework. Just an echo chamber for others.

My two fave Ham articles were:

1. That Boogie piece and how the Kings were set to max him. A week or so later, Boogie got punted to the Pels.
2. That Markelle Fultz piece and how he was the perfect PG for the Kings. How they should consider mortgaging the future for him. I wasn't here then, but stated on STR that I thought Fultz was vastly overrated.

Long story short, yea, Ham doesn't really do his own hoops homework. Just an echo chamber for others.
He seems like a nice guy, but not good for much analysis. He loved the Afflalo singing because he could be penciled in for12 points,the reasoning being that was more than previous 2 guards. He of course couldn't even do that.