Following Potential *2020* Draftees

Let the madness begin!!!!!!!

Figures to be a nice crop of international guards, which will include LaMelo Ball, who looks a legit 6'7 these days.

Anthony Edwards/James Wiseman/Cole Anthony figure to be lynchpins at the top of mocks.

Sacramento has their first rd picks again! hooray! Not that I'm counting on it being very high.. These drafts in the 2020's are gonna be extremely strong though... The 2020's will certainly be the best decade yet. Plenty of low-hanging fruit will be available to be plucked, and with our recent successes, I like our chances.

The Kings are owed;
2020 second round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 2020 2nd round pick to Sacramento (via Phoenix) [Detroit-Phoenix, 7/9/2015; Phoenix-Sacramento, 6/23/2016]

2020 second round draft pick from Golden State or Houston
Dallas will receive the more favorable of Golden State's 2020 2nd round pick and Houston's 2020 2nd round pick protected for selections 31-39 and Sacramento will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Dallas' right to swap Golden State for Houston); if the Houston pick falls within its protected range, then Dallas will instead receive the Golden State pick and Sacramento will instead receive the Houston pick [Dallas-Golden State, 7/7/2016; Dallas-Houston, 8/2/2018; Cleveland-Houston-Sacramento, 2/7/2019]

2020 second round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 2020 2nd round pick to Sacramento (via Boston to Cleveland) [Boston-Miami, 7/27/2015; Boston-Cleveland, 8/22/2017; Cleveland-Sacramento-Utah, 2/8/2018]

I'm feeling confident already there will be good young wings 6'6"-6'9" on the board when the Kings pick!

Lets get it!!!1 Cheers!!!

Here's to hoping these picks can stick for the entire decade and help usher in a golden age of Kings basketball!!! woo

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Yeah, other than James Wiseman, who is projected to be the number one pick going into next season, there are some talented players. I'm interested in seeing Kahlil Whitney play. Terrific athlete! Cole Anthony, Greg Anthony's son has the gene pool in his favor. I like Villanova landing Jeremiah Robinson-Earl. He made a good choice going with Jay Wright, who will make him into a better player. I also wonder who Chol Marial will eventually sign with. Not as highly rated as some others, but I think there's something there if he puts in the work.

Penny Hardaway is pulling in quite the haul.
Yep, would be the #1 class. If Kentucky lands Jalen McDaniels and the recently reclassified Johnny Juzang that seems to be the only way they can unseat them from the top spot. McDaniels appears to be down to Washington and UK, and it would seem Juzang is UK-bound.

Last edited:
Let me lodge a 4-star sleeper pick in FSU Commit Patrick Williams who's about 6'7" with long arms. Seems like he'd be a nice fit with this Kings roster.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Hearing Precious Achuwia to Memphis as well...
This one is a surprise. To the best of my knowledge, Memphis hadn't even made an offer yet. Must have been a recent move on Penny's part. I really like Achuwia. He was a player I had moved to my, to follow list for next season.
Yep, would be the #1 class. If Kentucky lands Jalen McDaniels and the recently reclassified Johnny Juzang that seems to be the only way they can unseat them from the top spot. McDaniels appears to be down to Washington and UK, and it would seem Juzang is UK-bound.
If Kentucky lands Jaden McDaniels, they'll have one of the biggest sleepers in the class. He's going to take a while. He definitely needs to add some muscle to his body, but he's the typical late bloomer who could explode down the road. He could be a difference maker for Kentucky if they do indeed land him. Not a done deal just yet though. He's from Washington, so that might influence his decision. On the other hand, a lot of young players like to get as far away from home as possible.

Lots of excellent international talent in this freshman class thats flying under the radar right now. Nebraska just pulled a 240lb French kid thats 17 years old and will be too young for this draft.

One player to watch for sure is 6'8" SF at Kansas, Tristan Enaura from the Netherlands. He seems to have 1st rd potential.

If Kansas lands RJ Hampton which many presume they are the favorites for, with Ochai Agbaji at SG, who figures to be a major player in this 1st rd, they will have a loaded backcourt far beyond what they've had past few years..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sounds like there's a chance the college 3pt line is gonna get pushed back from 20'9" to 22'1¾" by next szn.
I have been begging for this. People wonder why some players that shot the ball so well from the three in college suddenly struggle when they reach the NBA. Well, the NBA 3 pt shot is over 2 feet longer. That's one of the things I look for when scouting a player. Does he have an effortless 3 pt shot, or does it take a lot of effort. The guys that can shoot it effortlessly in college are the one's less likely to struggle in the NBA..

I think the NBA, college, and the European leagues should all have the same dimensions from the three. I also think college should have a defensive 3 second rule in the paint just like the NBA. Yeah, I know if messes with their zone defense's, but frankly, I don't care.

Derryck Thornton is xferring(again) from USC, so we're gonna get a much better look at Elijah Weaver, who's a 6'5 strongly built combo guard with some game...

Weaver is aplayer I thought when looking at lets say the top 15 or so PG's/combo's in last years freshman , profiled better than most as a possible outperformer and NBA guy, 4-star recruit but he's solid, when you look at him you'll probably think "SG", I can't wait to see what he can do at the lead guard spot tho, he appears to have a good head on his shoulders.

Even if Thornton stayed Weaver would've probably taken his spot. USC is not the place u wanna commit to if you arent ready to battle for minutes, they will be one of the big winners on the west coast in recruiting in the 2020's, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
I have been begging for this. People wonder why some players that shot the ball so well from the three in college suddenly struggle when they reach the NBA. Well, the NBA 3 pt shot is over 2 feet longer. That's one of the things I look for when scouting a player. Does he have an effortless 3 pt shot, or does it take a lot of effort. The guys that can shoot it effortlessly in college are the one's less likely to struggle in the NBA..

I think the NBA, college, and the European leagues should all have the same dimensions from the three. I also think college should have a defensive 3 second rule in the paint just like the NBA. Yeah, I know if messes with their zone defense's, but frankly, I don't care.
All for it as well. I'm sick and tired of talking to ppl in threads like these about some PF who took 20 3's in a 30 game season and he makes 9 of them so we call him a great 3pt shooter, and then they show up in the pros and cant shoot 3's and everyone throws their hands up in disgust going 'what happened?'... the sample sizes are stillg onna be small but at least were making it more uniform, cuz obviously thats how it should be..

Lonzo Ball tho... jeez.. for the Kings, this rule change, I think it's good it took them so long.... LMAO.....

WVU's pair of bigs; Sophomore Derek Culver and incoming freshman Oscar Tishebwe are going to draw tons of attention from scouts,

Culver was always hilariously underrated in the HS rankings, just one of those guys who was about 6'9" where i'd look at him and say "if he was an inch taller they'd all have him 5-stars".. He's like 265lbs of muscle, he's plenty athletic has some touch too

Tishibwe is 6'9" with long arms and huge hands and he's very strong and competitive, he is a possible 1st rd pick, there's a chance he can slide into backup C duties rather quickly, his game is rather straightforward, nice potential tho really.

Bob Huggins is really trying to turn the heat up in recruiting in 2020 it seems too, lots obig name offers confirmed, should be a fun team to watch, they are gonna punish teams on the boards.

McDaniels to UW!

Will be interesting to see if Jaylen Nowell sticks in the 2019 Draft... They should be LOADED next year. I like Naz Carter too. Johnson-Penn should be ready for minutes. and ofc Isaiah Stewart.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
McDaniels to UW!

Will be interesting to see if Jaylen Nowell sticks in the 2019 Draft... They should be LOADED next year. I like Naz Carter too. Johnson-Penn should be ready for minutes. and ofc Isaiah Stewart.
The Pac-12 has been down lately and definitely need to take some steps to get back into that big-five conference relevance. This is one good step.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
McDaniels to UW!

I thought Nowell showed well offensively at the combine. Shot it well, which we knew he could do, and made some very nice passes, which did surprise me a bit. It's his defense that's suspect, and that's not a surprise. If he stays in the draft I'm sure some team will grab him in the 2nd rd, maybe the Kings. There's always a place in the NBA for a player with good BBIQ and the ability to shoot and pass the ball.

I thought Nowell showed well offensively at the combine. Shot it well, which we knew he could do, and made some very nice passes, which did surprise me a bit. It's his defense that's suspect, and that's not a surprise. If he stays in the draft I'm sure some team will grab him in the 2nd rd, maybe the Kings. There's always a place in the NBA for a player with good BBIQ and the ability to shoot and pass the ball.
He tested more explosive than I'd have thought too. Very nice standing vert measurement.

Word is if N'Faly Dante can get his test scores right in time, he'll be reclassifying up... Born in late october 2001, he'd be eligible and with 6'11" 7'5 wingspan, offensive and defensive game, he's gonna vie for a top pick... With him and Wiseman, this draft will have two pillars at the top.. The chances of Dante falling far in this draft, or any draft are slim and none.

I first saw this kid when he was like 6'9" at the Jordan Brand Classic International Game, and there was no doubt in my mind he was destined for the lottery.

LaMelo looks tall and long, and his handle for that size looks great..

The shot tho... Jeeez... Really ugly heaves... Hard to believe he'll end up in the lottery shooting like that..

Anyone else watching 2019 FIBA under 19s on youtube?

Guy can caught my eye was Badji (7'1) #10 for Senegal insane athlete bit raw but is a physical specimen the team has zero shooting or guard play which would probably make him look better. Also that Gonzaga big man Petresev from Serbia looks like a monster against China. I was also impressed by #7 Latvia Kurocs (could be brother of NBA player who played excellent as rookie for BKN).

Anyone have an opinion on my fellow countryman Aidan Harris Igiehon? Really looking forward to seeing how he does, he has the potential to be a first rounder, possibly even a lottery pick if he has a big year.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, if you've been watching FIBA basketball then you've probably heard of Deni Avdija, who just led the Maccabi Tel Aviv under 20 team to a championship. Avdija is a 6'9" SF/SG/PG. I haven't looked to see where he's currently ranked on any of the early mocks, but I'm sure of one thing, he definitely be a lottery pick, and probably top five.

While he listed as a SF, he basically played PG for the Israeli team. Some in Europe have called him the next Doncic, but I don't like to do comp's like that. Therefore, I won't do that comparison. He was born in Israel, but is also Serbian, and has just turned 18 years old. He's a deceptive athlete who gets to the basket with hesitation and herky jerky moves that freeze his defender. He'll also lull you to sleep on the perimeter and then blow by you with a quick first step.

He was a 40% shooter from the three last year and he's a very good rebounder. In the under 20 tournament in July, he averaged 26 pt's, 11 rebounds, and 5 steals against France, and followed that with 23 pt's, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds against Spain. Deni's father was also a professional basketball player. Obviously Deni is a good passer since he plays PG for his National team. He's another one of those European high IQ players, who is also a good athlete, and very skilled. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about him as the years unfolds.

I might add that this video doesn't due him justice. He's quite capable of creating his own shot off the dribble, and it doesn't really show much of his passing ability. He's also quite creative finishing around the basket, almost as if he has eye's in the back of his head. As you can see, I like this kid. One last note, he was the only 17 year old on his team, with everyone else being 19 years of age.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Here's another player to keep your eye on. Not sure whether he'll be eligible for the 2020 draft or not, but if not, he'll definitely be available in the 2021 draft. I'm referring to Ibou Dianko Badji, the 7'1", 231 lb center from Senegal. He's reported to have over a 7'8" wingspan and a 9'10" standing reach. Right now, all his points come at the basket, and in the video that follows, he's 16 years old. He does on occasion shoot a little midrange jumper, but it's a work in progress. What sets him apart, is his outstanding athleticism. Right now, he's a defensive monster who swats away anything close to the basket.

It's reported that he has a 40 inch vertical to go along with his already terrific length. He just turned 17 years old, so I'm not sure if he'll reach the age requirment for the 2020 draft or not. There's no doubt that offensively he has a ways to go, but he could probably get minutes on defense in the NBA right now. although he only weighs 231 lbs. he doesn't look like Bol Bol. He's muscular, and you can see where he could easily carry another 20 or so pounds of muscle. He's a diamond in the rough right now, but wow, does he have long range potential.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
While were on the subject of Senegal, and also a player that I know will be eligible for the 2020 draft, I thought I'd give Amar Sylla a mention. Sylla is a 6'9.25", 200 lb, PF/C who has a 7'2" wingspan. He'll turn 18 in Oct. His game is similar to Badji's in that most of his points are scored around the basket, and that he's also a player that looks to make his living defending the basket. That's not to say there isn't any potential there for offensive growth. He's taken very few 3 pt shots, but he's made a high percentage of those he's taken, so there's some promise there.

The player he's been most compared to is Pascal Siakam. I get the comparison. Similar height, length, and athleticism as well as a similar skill set at the same point in time. Sylla is good shotblocker, and a very fundamentally sound rebounder. He's also blessed with terrific lateral quickness and the ability to stay in front of his man. I see him as more of a PF, but I can see him as a small ball center if and when he adds another 15 or so pounds of muscle.

Just to clarify, although he plays for Real Madrid, he was born in Senegal.