Follow Kings players in FIBA World Cup preparation games

Let's track performance of Kings players: Bogi, Bjelica, Barns and Cory Joseph.

Today, Serbia played without Jokic against Greece with Janis. Serbia won in overtime 85:80. Both Bogi and Bjelica played a good game, hit important 3s, played solid defense and rebounded well.

Bogi contributed with 28 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists.
Bjelica had 18 points, 14 rebounds and 4 assists, while being guarded by Janis.

Janis scored 20 points.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I hope Bjelica doesn't get pushed to the back burner for Ariza. I thought he looked very good last year while shooting 40% from 3pt for us.
Well remember, "Bjelica is a PF and Ariza is a SF. I realize that both players can play each others position, but both are better in their correct positions. I think the backup competition at PF will be between Bjelica and Holmes, and that will likely be determined by the match up at the time.

Bogi actually missed both game winning shot in the regular game and the same shot in the overtime, even though he had a great game. Bjelica hit important 3s when Serbia was on the verge of defeat, both times. I think it's safe to say that they're both going to carry Serbia at the World Cup, together with Jokic. Just hope Bogi can finally hit some big shots for the national team

Bogi actually missed both game winning shot in the regular game and the same shot in the overtime, even though he had a great game. Bjelica hit important 3s when Serbia was on the verge of defeat, both times. I think it's safe to say that they're both going to carry Serbia at the World Cup, together with Jokic. Just hope Bogi can finally hit some big shots for the national team
Well, while Bogi missed game winning shots, he also hit a few important ones, preventing Greece lead getting out of reach. I hope we won't need a single shot for win when we play Greece or anyone in FWC.

Watched the game. Bogi still looks much better on shooting the catch and shoot versus 3’s off the dribble.

Peja. Was hoping to see Bogi demonstrate an added part of his game which might help him get his shot off in the NBA. For example an improved step back. Not seeing it in any of his highlights. Do you know something different we aren’t seeing or is it going to be another summer of Bogi playing ball but not adding to his game at all.

Peja. Was hoping to see Bogi demonstrate an added part of his game which might help him get his shot off in the NBA. For example an improved step back. Not seeing it in any of his highlights. Do you know something different we aren’t seeing or is it going to be another summer of Bogi playing ball but not adding to his game at all.
He already has a step-back, he just wasn't efficient last year. Given that he's using the step-back above, and is efficient, how could you possibly know that he hasn't improved it? Doesn't appear to follow any line of logic.

He already has a step-back, he just wasn't efficient last year. Given that he's using the step-back above, and is efficient, how could you possibly know that he hasn't improved it? Doesn't appear to follow any line of logic.
I saw a lot of sideways escape dribbles which has but hasn’t been that effective against NBA defenders. I did not see any step backs where significant space was created. I wasn’t claiming to know anything. Was asking those in Serbia if they were seeing something different and new aspects to his game.

In watching Bogdan for 2 years now I think it's clear there really isn't any one skill that he doesn't have already as a combo guard and the things he does lack aren't things that can be taught, like elite athleticism. But he does have elite length and size which might be more important TBH. Improvement or what is in reality efficiency, as you broached, comes down mostly to usage in players at his current state.

I saw a lot of sideways escape dribbles which has but hasn’t been that effective against NBA defenders. I did not see any step backs where significant space was created. I wasn’t claiming to know anything. Was asking those in Serbia if they were seeing something different and new aspects to his game.
You have made your point dude. Multiple times in multiple threads. The horse is dead.

Glad to see Bogi staying in game shape. I hope he doesnt get hurt again this summer. Gonna need him if we want to make a serious run at climbing up the ladder.

In a game against Australia, Barns played 13 minutes, scored 3 points, had 3 rebounds and one assist. Corey Joseph did not play for Canada against New Zealand.

You have made your point dude. Multiple times in multiple threads. The horse is dead.

Glad to see Bogi staying in game shape. I hope he doesnt get hurt again this summer. Gonna need him if we want to make a serious run at climbing up the ladder.
Dude I was responding to Dime Dropper comments about seeing a step back and not making sense.

Question to our Serbian friends. If Yugoslavia is still a country do they beat the US regardless of what team the US fields?

Thinking about the could have been roster. I have:
Centers: Jokic, Vucevic, Nurkic
PF’s: Saric, Bjelicia
SF: Doncic, Bojan Bogdanovic
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Musa
PG: Dragic, Teodosic

That is one darn good roster. Might have trouble stopping Guard penetration but with FIBA zone rules not sure it matters.

Question to our Serbian friends. If Yugoslavia is still a country do they beat the US regardless of what team the US fields?

That is one darn good roster. Might have trouble stopping Guard penetration but with FIBA zone rules not sure it matters.
I don't think they beat the best US team, but they make a competitive game, the same way Spain did a few times. On PG position, Teodosic from a couple of years ago would make a team, not this year.

I don't think they beat the best US team, but they make a competitive game, the same way Spain did a few times. On PG position, Teodosic from a couple of years ago would make a team, not this year.
Yeah I struggled with the guard line. Who would you put on the team. US versus Yugo guards would be the big disadvantage.

Always fun to consider this “what if” scenario. Too bad there’s not really a good forum for “international friendlies” to see it happen—at least, a match against the US.

Bogi and Bjelica didn't play the last two prep games vs. New Zealand and France (Serbia won both without them btw), which I think is good. They got the necessary rest and they're ready for the first game against Angola in 2 days. The game starts night between Friday and Saturday, 00:30 Sacramento time.