Follow Kings players in FIBA World Cup games

Surprised they didn’t use Jokic in the high post. Know someone who has played for Serbian and American coaches and he says Serbian coaches are the best in the world for development but are average tactically. Wonder if this data point aligns with that opinion.
Djordjevic is not a very good coach, tactically. He is a good motivator, his team plays well as an underdog. The best Serbian coaches (Obradovic, Pesic, Ivkovic, Bozo Maljkovic) are good tactically.

1) Unbalance roster. Instead of our best SF (Kalicnic) and combo guard (Nedovic) with perfect skills to play off Jokic, the coach decided to bring two slow-footed 5s in addition to the best NBA center and one of the best Euroleague center (Milutinov).
2) Playing Jokic at 4.
3) Not playing at all our best defensive center (Milutinov).
4) Coach incompetence.

Against Spain and Argentina, the opponent went to run after inserting Marjanovic in a lineup. I listened to Djordjevic during timeouts. While the team was unable to make any stops, Djordjevic (the coach) spent the time to draw one single action they will play next. As far as I can remember, the action was never played because Argentina's defense made it impossible. Not a word about defense. The last timeout, he ordered to give ball to Bjelica, who was expected to create 1 on 1.

I am so frustrated, even this team could do much better with a better coach.

Edited: I agree with you point 2, that was a huge factor.
yeah, i did not understand Nedovic/Kalinic decision but decided to trust the coach. some of our centers were there as reward because of what they did in the past and during qualification windows I believe. but as you say, even so, we should have done better. I did listen to Djordjevic's postgame against Spain, and he was saying how we were trying to come back in the game through offense but in his opinion you do that through defense, but we definitely did not look good defensively against Arg.

Well for those of us on the Kings board, did our players come through completely unscathed and healthy to start the season?
WC is not finished yet. If the USA beats France, there are two more important games to be played. In that case, the best team from Europe outside from the top 4 qualifies for OI.

I think Bogdan will kill it this season, you can really see progress on this WC..

as for Serbia, there were couple of issues, but main one was absence of most important player and it is Teodosic.. he is heart and soul of this Serbian team, and unfortunately nobody can replace him..

I think Bogdan will kill it this season, you can really see progress on this WC..

as for Serbia, there were couple of issues, but main one was absence of most important player and it is Teodosic.. he is heart and soul of this Serbian team, and unfortunately nobody can replace him..
Maybe Teodosic from 3 years ago. Forget about Teodosic, he is not the player he used to be. Too old, too slow, too injured.

and unfortunately even than he is two classes above PG Serbia now has.. they can not shoot, can not control tempo and can not make points out of nothing..
They should not make points out of nothing. As Burek mentioned, the whole team was out of synch, while Argentina and Spain were creating open shots with ease. And, no, they did not do that because their PGs created shots out of nothing.

They should not make points out of nothing. As Burek mentioned, the whole team was out of synch, while Argentina and Spain were creating open shots with ease. And, no, they did not do that because their PGs created shots out of nothing.
ok I will give my two cents on this subject :)

defensively we are bad, all big mens except Milutinov are big holes in defense, and we had all the time two big man in five, and Milutinov least. Scola who is 39 had 20 points.. Jovic and Micic are lets say good Euroleague defenders, are not class of Rubio or Campazo, which they showed.. and when you can not defend PG on perimeter and inside game it is easy to stretch defense and have good ball movement.

on the other hand, like I said our PG are more or less useless in offense, they can not create, can not shoot, they are easy guarded.. we could not hit anything from three point line, other than Bogdan.. end even he was guarded heavily, and got his stats only by creating shoot for himself, as nobody could get by his opponent and pull his defender.. Jokic is useless more or less when the paint is filled with defenders.. I will not even mention Marjanovic and Raduljica, as they are not for this level of competition..

in short if you can not break defense on perimeter, if you can not hit shot from outside, they will fill in the paint and you will not have inside game.. so no easy points, no offensive rebounds and no offense flow..

now Teodosic can shoot, can play pick and roll.. he was never a player that depended on athleticism, and he is made for these types of games against Spain and Argentina..

ok I will give my two cents on this subject :)

defensively we are bad, all big mens except Milutinov are big holes in defense, and we had all the time two big man in five, and Milutinov least. Scola who is 39 had 20 points.. Jovic and Micic are lets say good Euroleague defenders, are not class of Rubio or Campazo, which they showed.. and when you can not defend PG on perimeter and inside game it is easy to stretch defense and have good ball movement.

on the other hand, like I said our PG are more or less useless in offense, they can not create, can not shoot, they are easy guarded.. we could not hit anything from three point line, other than Bogdan.. end even he was guarded heavily, and got his stats only by creating shoot for himself, as nobody could get by his opponent and pull his defender.. Jokic is useless more or less when the paint is filled with defenders.. I will not even mention Marjanovic and Raduljica, as they are not for this level of competition..

in short if you can not break defense on perimeter, if you can not hit shot from outside, they will fill in the paint and you will not have inside game.. so no easy points, no offensive rebounds and no offense flow..

now Teodosic can shoot, can play pick and roll.. he was never a player that depended on athleticism, and he is made for these types of games against Spain and Argentina..
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. And maybe that playmaker is not this year's Teodosic, but we needed a player like that. OR, we needed more shooting. Micic, Lucic, Jovic, and even Guduric did not offer the shooting. Only Bogdanovic did, and he had to fight to create his shots

Today I experienced the same feeling as I had when Kings lost to Lakers after Peja’s air ball, or after we lost the series to Minnesota... Can’t shake it off the whole day.

Serbia stopped being a team after Puerto Rico game that we won by 40 or so. The issue happened in the locker room where Bjelica and Milutinov got into a fight. I am sure we”ll read about it after the tournament. The outcome - Milutinov barely played any minutes after that and Bjelica played embarassing, or in his own words today - “I apologize to the nation, I played like s..t. “

Apart from bad chemistry, we were unable to respond to physical game, we stopped creating positions for Bogdan to take his shots, we used MVP candidate Jokic in a totally wrong way, etc etc. We’ve been dreaming about that finals with team USA with Jokic and Bjelica on the team, sadly, we’re not going to see it for at least another year

Today I experienced the same feeling as I had when Kings lost to Lakers after Peja’s air ball, or after we lost the series to Minnesota... Can’t shake it off the whole day.

Serbia stopped being a team after Puerto Rico game that we won by 40 or so. The issue happened in the locker room where Bjelica and Milutinov got into a fight. I am sure we”ll read about it after the tournament. The outcome - Milutinov barely played any minutes after that and Bjelica played embarassing, or in his own words today - “I apologize to the nation, I played like s..t. “

Apart from bad chemistry, we were unable to respond to physical game, we stopped creating positions for Bogdan to take his shots, we used MVP candidate Jokic in a totally wrong way, etc etc. We’ve been dreaming about that finals with team USA with Jokic and Bjelica on the team, sadly, we’re not going to see it for at least another year
That explains a lot! So at least Milutinov's minutes are not on Djordjevic. It was strange to me to see Bjelica so unfocused, I have never seen him playing like that before.

wait, where is this Milutinov/Bjelica info coming from?

btw, watching post game interviews you can see that Bjelica is taking this loss really hard...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

The bigger story is that someone fought Bjelica and lived to tell the tale