Fire Paul Westphal

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think both of you should drop it. It has gotten personal and is going nowhere. I'm sure there is a cool Latin word or phrase to describe this but I don't know Latin.

J

jdbraver

The coach has lost the team. Whether its his fault or not (and I think it is) he has to go. I mean even Jimmer snapped at him after he came out of the game at one point.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
A snippet from my chat with Bajaden:

The Evans-Thornton-Salmons 3 guard approach does not work. Jimmer is not ready but he starting at guard might be better than things are going so far then with Evans at SF.

And we too think Coach has lost the team.

Count me in.

Clearly lacks an ability to handle young talented players. Not to mention how he wasted the services of Carl Landry and is wasting JJ. away as well.

Since the hiring of Paul Westphal, who on this team has developed into a better basketball player in any way?

There is a ton of potential talent on this team and he has not been able to unlock any of it!

That is what bothers me the most. Well that and the fact that he's now pushing away the most talented big man to come to Sac in a decade.

He did this **** with Omri and now he's doing to Cousins. How about molding these young kids instead publicly humiliating them and alienating them from the team.

I'm done with this guy.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Since the hiring of Paul Westphal, who on this team has developed into a better basketball player in any way?

There is a ton of potential talent on this team and he has not been able to unlock any of it!

That is what bothers me the most. Well that and the fact that he's now pushing away the most talented big man to come to Sac in a decade.

He did this **** with Omri and now he's doing to Cousins. How about molding these young kids instead publicly humiliating them and alienating them from the team.

I'm done with this guy.
+1. Exactly my issue with this guy is how pathetic he is at TEACHING basketball. **** Westphool, he's pulling a Nellie.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

I'm done with this guy.
+2 If you posted more I wouldn't have to waste so many words.

I'd be okay with that. Demarcus is a headcase, everyone knows that even before he was drafted. But If John Calipari can handle Cousins, why can't Westpaul? We are trying to build an arena this year. This team CANNOT afford to go through another rebuilding year. The Kings need to get their sh*t together! Westpaul is probably a losing streak away from getting fired. I'm not going to tolerate another losing season. Us fans have been patient for too long. We have the talent and we need to win.

I'm done with this guy.
+3, Chief.

I'm done with this guy.
yup!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
(aside for the mods: I apologize in advance if I touch off a political arguement)
Why make a statement with only political content and then "apologize in advance" when you know it's against board rules? Why not just not make the statement?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Entire post was for lulz, if someone gets offended I'll happily apologize...Too much nasty infighting amongst us here lately, and we used to be such a pleasant message board :p

Edit: You make a good point Cap'n

Last edited:
Wonder if he's any good. All I really know is bay area media said he did a nice job with the worries and was well liked but new owners wanted their own guy.
I'm fine with giving him the opportunity. Can't see it get any worse right? If he could install some semblance of an offense and keep his team prepared, then I think he'll do fine.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm fine with giving him the opportunity. Can't see it get any worse right? If he could install some semblance of an offense and keep his team prepared, then I think he'll do fine.
My fear of course would be the lingering Nelliballness. Having already taken an ugly step toward being small and weak again, where would he take us? He's welcome to have his shot as long as he is a real coahc and not a let's gime 'em a show entertainer hired to impress the masses.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Too much nasty infighting amongst us here lately, and we used to be such a pleasant message board
I completely agree on this. We've got enough to fight over right now with Westphal and Cousins and several lousy showings to let things boil over onto the political stage! :)

My fear of course would be the lingering Nelliballness. Having already taken an ugly step toward being small and weak again, where would he take us? He's welcome to have his shot as long as he is a real coahc and not a let's gime 'em a show entertainer hired to impress the masses.
I really cannot remember EVER any team going far into the playoffs with SMALL Ball. Just don't understand why AnY coach would want to try it, given it's lack of success ie Westpaul!

Can't remember those Don Nelson Mavericks. maybe some the old-timers can chime in. Don't remember how that team did in the playoffs.
They beat the Kings (after Webber injured his knee in game 2) in 7 games in the 2003 WC semis. Then went on to lose to the Spurs in 6 games in the WC finals.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Can't remember those Don Nelson Mavericks. maybe some the old-timers can chime in. Don't remember how that team did in the playoffs.
Not well. They were routinely mocked for being too soft to succeed. They finally got past us only because Webber blew out his knee agianst them. And that was a team that still routinley trotted out 2 seven footers on tehfrontline. They were just soft weeny 7 footers.

Not well. They were routinely mocked for being too soft to succeed. They finally got past us only because Webber blew out his knee agianst them. And that was a team that still routinley trotted out 2 seven footers on tehfrontline. They were just soft weeny 7 footers.
And then the Kings beat them again after that with gimpy Webber. If I recall, they double-downed on super-scorer lineup of Dirk + Antoine Walker + Antwain Jaimison + Finley + Nash...and couldn't stop a cold.

Nellieball, we do not want.