Fire Paul Westphal

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Trade Tyreke for a SF, please! Get rid of Salmons along with him and bring in one player and get Greene some playing time.
Indeed so we can enjoy some more of that Jimmer/Thomas madness at PG like we did tonight.

First things first. Team has quit on coach, you fire coach before trading talented young players who have never had a chance to show what they can do for any other coach.

Indeed so we can enjoy some more of that Jimmer/Thomas madness at PG like we did tonight.

First things first. Team has quit on coach, you fire coach before trading talented young players who have never had a chance to show what they can do for any other coach.
are there any good replacements out there???

It's not about getting your long term coach at this point. It's about Westphal poisoning the roster and the danger of letting it go on any longer.
no I agree I'm just trying to figure out who we could get. Only people I can think of outside of Smart is JVG or Sloan and I doubt either of them will take the job. The sooner we can get some real coaches around these guys the better.

no I agree I'm just trying to figure out who we could get. Only people I can think of outside of Smart is JVG or Sloan and I doubt either of them will take the job. The sooner we can get some real coaches around these guys the better.
Well putting out some xtra $$$ might be a good persuasion..but I doubt the Maloof would do that.

Poor players that have a bad coach. Having a bad coach must mean you shouldn't try for yourself, your team and your fans. Jog back on D, dont rotate on D, dont box out, dont fight through picks, dont make the easy pass. Just play selfish and lazy because they coach is worthless, what a sorry cop out

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I've quietly been a supporter of Eyen for coach considering what he did in a couple of years in the D-League taking one to and winning the championship. I know, its only the D-League but its not like they have any star players and they are all wannabe's. He seems a non-nonsense and direct type of coach.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Reading some of those articles about Westphail's tenures as HC of the Suns and Sonics, what jumped out the most to me (and what has become painfully obvious to anyone bothering to pay attention here) is that Westphool has the following warts as a coach:

-Poor communicator
-Petty egoist
-Laid back (as in, does not put forth any effort to teach) coaching style
-offensive sets that feature nothing but 1 on 1 ISO type of "plays"

Now, what troubles me is WHY IN THE **** (???!!!!!) did Petrie and the Magoofs think a guy like this is a good coach for a young REBUILDING team? WTF MATE?!?! Totally boggles the mind. The past 2 seasons can basically be flushed down the toilet development wise. Its rediculous...Major mess up on the part of the FO to hire this turd. Cant believe we could have had TT (although he has to be very happy to have ended up with the Bulls).

L

LWP777

I've quietly been a supporter of Eyen for coach considering what he did in a couple of years in the D-League taking one to and winning the championship. I know, its only the D-League but its not like they have any star players and they are all wannabe's. He seems a non-nonsense and direct type of coach.
For some reason, I feel like since he's PW's first assistant he would get dismissed along with Westfail.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Isn't trying for yourself specifically one of the problems that people are complaining about? When there's no set rotation, players don't know when they're coming in or out. When there's no effective offensive system, players can't work together effectively. Granted, the team can't go big like it could last year (although Hickson/Cousins would be nice to try), but that's still no excuse for Westphal constantly going small ball.
Coaching is at the root of the problem this year.

Is Dalembert's loss that much of a factor? Can't be. He wouldn't have stopped the freeway of love that the Nuggets paved tonight.
Is the addition of Fredette/Thomas detrimental? I think IT is getting waay too many minutes, but that's not his fault - the coach puts him out there. Ditto Outlaw.

One thing to note: this has happened every year with Westphal at the helm. The start has always been ugly, as he tinkers around while most of us can clearly see what the lineup and rotation should look like. Eventually he settles to something, but by that time too much has been lost. I think the players finally got fed up with that.

Reading some of those articles about Westphail's tenures as HC of the Suns and Sonics, what jumped out the most to me (and what has become painfully obvious to anyone bothering to pay attention here) is that Westphool has the following warts as a coach:

-Poor communicator
-Petty egoist
-Laid back (as in, does not put forth any effort to teach) coaching style
-offensive sets that feature nothing but 1 on 1 ISO type of "plays"

Now, what troubles me is WHY IN THE **** (???!!!!!) did Petrie and the Magoofs think a guy like this is a good coach for a young REBUILDING team? WTF MATE?!?! Totally boggles the mind. The past 2 seasons can basically be flushed down the toilet development wise. Its rediculous...Major mess up on the part of the FO to hire this turd. Cant believe we could have had TT (although he has to be very happy to have ended up with the Bulls).
This really is the thing. The coach doesn't fit and the roster doesn't fit. Ultimately that falls on Petrie and FO.

It really feels like this team won't make any progress until the franchise is sold.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This really is the thing. The coach doesn't fit and the roster doesn't fit. Ultimately that falls on Petrie and FO.

It really feels like this team won't make any progress until the franchise is sold.
Sad truth. Maloofs are broke, and GP is seeming pretty stale lately. Although to be fair, I dont think any of those tall shotblockers we wanted felt like coming to Sacto to play for Westphool.

Fingers crossed for a Burkle takeover.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
They are the worst team in the league! What do you expect?
Not really. They've just quit on this coach. You can always see when that happens. You could see when it happened with Theus. With Muss before him. the team never did quit on Adelman, although the owners were too dim to notice that, and before Artest arrived you were beginning to wonder.

What are the odds that he's fired tomorrow before the Bucks game?
It would happen tonight or after tomorrows game. They have 2 days off before the game Sunday against the Magic.

It wouldnt be a surprise to wake up to him fired. He's going to get boo'd bad if they even intro him.