[Fantasy] 2009 WNBA Pick One Challenge

Whoa...close race to the cup this week :eek: Nice work all...

Still checking the photo to see who ended up with the jacket, I think I missed it somehow...I think...

Recap by Tuesday.

Week Four Results

Interesting cup race this week, actually relating to the overall leader board in our league as well. Before I get too involved in the recap, let me start the turntable with our musical accompaniment. Courtesy of Michael Jackson probably for the rest of the competition – or for at least as long as I can make the music fit lol. For week four tho, the ambience music is “I Wanna To Be Where You Are.”

And people certainly played like they wanted to be where someone else was! Week four's flurried finish was fueled by rookie Shavonte Zellous strategery or perhaps luckery. You decide….

As noted in the conversation leading up to the recap, we had two outstanding rookie performances this week from Angel McCoughtry (74) on Tuesday and Shavonte Zellous (64)on Friday. And following up the Bonnering last week, Rdub Zelloused this week which seemed like it might be enough to run off with the cup for the week.

Not so fast my friend (thank you Lee Corso) a steady week by Admiral_needa chipped at Rdub’s lead and by the end of play on Saturday, Rdub was nursing a 14 point advantage. How did the officer do it? Solid performances throughout the week from Jia Perkins (30), holding even with Rdub by them both playing Crystal Langhorne (29)on Thursday, Katie Smith (23) then Bonnering on Saturday for 48 points.

So the race was on Sunday…and a funny thing happened on the way to the end of week four. Another big day by Zellous. Now THAT wasn’t the funny thing…I’ll get to the effect that it had in a second…but what was funny was that of the 21 players we have in our league, we only had 3 score more than 19 points Sunday. The Zellousers. And they pocketed 48 points.

While the rest of us were playing the likes of Deanna Nolan, Betty Lennox, Lauren Jackson, Sue Bird, Tina Thompson et al..…you know, the bench scrubs...Luv13Fan, NothingButHoops, Supadupapimp all jumped; the first two catapulting into our top 5 and Luv13Fan just by a whisker missing sneaking up on Rdub to snatch away the week’s cup. Shavonte also shook things up in the top 5 overall too.

Our race for the green jacket was spirited, but in the end, Den-Den made good on her vow to take it home. I wasn’t quite on my game enough. And dadgum if Kevin Sherrets didn’t play like he wanted to keep it. And Jason Ross like he didn’t want to keep it in the KHTK closet another week. Kevin also missed earning the Billy Preston – Kristi Toliver doubled the one assist or rebound she had to keep him out of the winner’s circle for that award. Better luck next time Sick Boo! J

Our Top Picks

Vets
(11) Alana Beard
(8) Crystal Langhorne
(5) Betty Lennox, Nicky Anosike
(4) Sophia Young, Sancho Lyttle, Jia Perkins
(3) Chamique Holdsclaw, Tangela Smith, Nicole Powell, Shameka Christon, Lauren Jackson, Katie Douglas

Rook(s)
(4) Shavonte Zellous

Awards Time
Congratulations Rdub!

Calaveras to Luv13Fan, NothingButHoops and Supadupapimp for their moves this week.

Green jacket goes to Den-Den…Carpe Viridis!

I’m going to award something for the Zellous picks since well, they deserve that. I just haven’t figured out what yet. But all of the Zellousers will be getting something for their efforts and forsight this week.

Last edited:
Week Four Standings

Week

1.RDub21 157
2. Luv13Fan 150
3. admiral_needa 149
4. NothingButHoops 146
5. kreyn49 131
6. microbialgirl 129
7. KHTKSean 128 (Sean Cunningham)
8. KBFor3! 126 (Krista Blunk)
9. supadupapimp 120

10. mdme 118
11. mcscrooge 111
12. kingdom1 106
13. nancgo 103
13. airfoil 103
15. scotty's angels 98 (Scott Marsh)
16. mamabristow 94
17. mjcballer23 92
18. Monty'sBiggestFan 78
19. My Boo is SICK 74 (Kevin Sherrets)
20. COACH T IS A MACHINE 73 (Jason Ross)
21. den-den777 58

Overall

1.Rdub21 508
2. Luv13Fan 482
3. NothingButHoops 471
4. mdme 455
5. KBFor3! 447 (Krista Blunk)
6. kreyn49 433

7. mjcballer23 421
8. mcscrooge 418
9. airfoil 410
9. nancgo 410
11. admiral_needa 395
12. Monty'sBiggestFan 383
13. supadupapimp 375
14. microbialgirl 368
15. kingdom1 358
16. den-den777 338
17. mamabristow 333
18. COACH T IS A MACHINE 319 (Jason Ross)
19. scotty's angels 316 (Scott Marsh)
20. KHTKSean 291(Sean Cunningham)
21. My Boo is SICK 283 (Kevin Sherrets)

Last edited:
I'm getting comfortable with that ''Calaveras'' Toad;)
Nice to be in such good company!

The game is heating up & thanks to MBF for your creative awards & comentary:cool: KK Rocks...

Bonner, McCoughtry and Zellous lit it up tonight...I guess in honor of the 4th of July....Did it impact our league today...why of course it did...:)

Recap by Tuesday....

No Lauren Jackson on Friday, day to day thereafter.

Because of a team suspension: No Diana Taurasi on July 18th or 22nd

Still working on the recaps hopefully up by the weekend.

Is Ann Wauters still coming over this season? If so, the SASS will have to waive a player and I'm assuming it will be a post player. Ruth and Sophia are locks and Frazee has been going crazee (corny, I know) so it would have to be either Katie Mattera (Feenstra) or Erin Perperoglou (Buescher). Any chance we pick up either?

Looks like we picked a winner tonight Mdme

You reading my mind....hum?

Was thinking the same thing....:D

BTW, two Kingsfans players in the top 10. :D:D and 1 more in the top 50.

Keep up the good work guys.

being this close really makes me regret my DNP early on when I forgot to pick a player.:mad:

Is Ann Wauters still coming over this season? If so, the SASS will have to waive a player and I'm assuming it will be a post player. Ruth and Sophia are locks and Frazee has been going crazee (corny, I know) so it would have to be either Katie Mattera (Feenstra) or Erin Perperoglou (Buescher). Any chance we pick up either?
yes I believe so.

Was thinking the same thing....:D

BTW, two Kingsfans players in the top 10. :D:D and 1 more in the top 50.

Keep up the good work guys.

being this close really makes me regret my DNP early on when I forgot to pick a player.:mad:[/quote

Don't regret it too much...I went to the rookie well once to often this week...A big Fat ZERO ..''.Tolliver'' I hate it when it's coaches decision!