[Fantasy] 2009 WNBA Pick One Challenge

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985

Today's random RX news....early reports confirm that Seimone Augustus will definitely not be available for Friday's game against Seattle.

Further unsubstantiated reports suggest that the knee injury she suffered in last night's game against Phoenix is season-ending.

Adjust your selections accordingly....
Now that's really disappointing. I hate it when a team's star player goes out like that.

Seimone was my pick the night she went down with the knee injury :(

Too bad--she is soooo talented. I wish her a speedy recovery. She is young, so hopefully that will aid in her healing process. And if she has half the perseverence of our DeMya, I expect she will be back as a contender again next year.

Seimone was my pick the night she went down with the knee injury :(

Too bad--she is soooo talented. I wish her a speedy recovery. She is young, so hopefully that will aid in her healing process. And if she has half the perseverence of our DeMya, I expect she will be back as a contender again next year.
At least you got something out of it.....

Wish her a speedy recovery though.

More random RX news - as I made my review of the picks this week for the recap, I noticed that some people missed Marissa Coleman's injury. I don't have the expected date of her return but she's been out the last week or so with a high ankle sprain. If I hear when she's set to come back I'll post it here. Alternately, if any other competitors find that out please share your info with your fellow players. EDIT: Coleman is out 4-6 weeks retro to last week.

Word JUST came down that Lisa Leslie, who left the LA/Phx game with an injury is expected to miss, at a minimum, the Sparks' next 6 games with a knee sprain.

Not injured but also not playing...

Becky Hammon has been away from San Antonio playing with the Russian National Team. Don't have her return date but she was expected to be back in time for the Monarchs' visit next week.

Vicky Johnson is also not currently with San Antonio either - death in the family.

I think that's it for stuff I've seen in our league that people may not have known about.

Last edited:
Thanks for the injury updates MBF. Now I have just one question--can you send me an email to remind me TO PICK ONE!?! ;)

Just kidding, but dag-nabbit, I forgot to pick one today (Sunday)!!! Argghhh............................

So much for the good showing last week.

Well now, fine finish to the week. Recap should be up tomorrow detailing the splendid races we had as week 3 unfolded...heck, we even had a tight race for the green jacket :)

Marissa Coleman is likely out until mid July or so, for those wondering/considering playing her any time soon.

For Den-Den and all others...don't forget to set your picks for week 4;)

Week Three Results

Week three, we’re still playing fast and furious as the the overall and weekly scores would suggest. We had an interesting development earlier in the week. I mentioned the need for a new award as we have another freakish rookie freakishly affecting movement up and down the board.

DeWanna Bonner single handedly was responsible for our new look top 10 as she bested her best rookie output with a rather explosive 64-fantasy point Tuesday night. The five players who played her on Tuesday all shot up the charts. Rdub held on to the weekly top spot despite the avalanche by taking her. Luv13Fan, mdme, Kreyn49, Microbialgirl all assumed spots in the top 10. Not to be outdone, the Pondexter and Taurasi players all rode high on Tuesday too.

Jia Perkins made her impact felt both leading off and closing the week’s action. Perkins + (Pondexter or Taurasi) combo was lethal to start the week, but the Thompson + Perkins combo at the end of the week sent mdme to the cup – separating from the rest of the Bonnerers, and into second place overall. Perkins+Lyttle helped Rdub hold off the end of week charge too for the overall league lead.

Two interesting plays of the week….or to me at least.

Nancgo was heading towards a record setting pace (despite not Bonnering on Tuesday) as every single one of her first four players this week hit 30+ fantasy points - except for the injured Marissa Coleman who DND on Saturday. Shameka Christon ended her play on Sunday with 26. Well, straight 30+ may not have set records, but I surely would have given an award for it J

Supa nearly was on a record setting pace in the opposite direction. Consider playing this lineup:…Whalen, Augustus, Dupree, Perkins and Bonner… or Den-Den’s lineup of: Dupree, Augustus, Thompson, Beard then missing a pick on Sunday….and both barely missed winning the green jacket by 3 points! I’da given THAT an extra award too, shoot. Brings back memories of how masterful I am at selecting jacket-winning rosters in this game :wipes tear:

So who won the jacket? KHTKer Kevin Sherrets continued the broadcast team’s jacket dominance. This took some work tho. Whalen, Tangela Smith, Asjha Jones and the non dressing Coleman still wasn’t enough to lockup the jacket sizing. In a battle royale, it came down to Tina Thompson for the sick-boo-having Sherrets, DeWanna Bonner for Supa, and Den-Den missing a pick; and Tina came through for Kevin.

Our Top Picks

Vets
(9)Tina Thompson
(7)Jia Perkins
(6)Sylvia Fowles, Candice Dupree, Diana Taurasi
(4)Seimone Augustus, Alana Beard, Cappie Pondexter, Linsday Whalen
(5)Crystal Langhorne, Sancho Lyttle
(3) Tangela Smith

Rook(s)
(6)DeWanna Bonner

Awards Time

Congratulations mdme!

(De)Wanna Get Away ? Award, probably more appropriately the question should be: (De)Wanna pull away…Congrats to all who landed the big points on Tuesday: Rdub21, Luv13Fan, mdme, Kreyn49,microbialgirl

By default, I’m awarding all y’all the Calaveras…congrats squared.

Green jacket goes for a second-straight week to a KHTKer. Congrats to Kevin Sherrets

Last edited:
Week Three Standings

Week 3

1 mdme 174
2 Luv13Fan150
3 RDub21 149
4 mcscrooge147
5 microbialgirl 145
6 KBFor3! (Krista Blunk) 143
7 Nancgo 134
8 mjcballer23 130
8 NothingButHoops 130
10 mamabristow 123
11 kreyn49 122
12 COACH T IS A MACHINE (Jason Ross) 120
13 airfoil 113
14 Monty'sBiggestFan 106
15 kingdom1 95
16 admiral_needa 92
17 scotty's angels (Scott Marsh) 90
18 KHTKSean (Sean Cunningham) 89
19 den-den777 84
19 supadupapimp 84
21 My Boo is SICK (Kevin Sherrets) 81

Overall

1 RDub21 351
2 mdme 337
3 Luv13Fan 332
4 mjcballer23 329
5 NothingButHoops 325
6 KBFor3! (Krista Blunk) 321
7 Nancgo 307
7 airfoil 307
7 mcscrooge 307
10 Monty’sBiggestFan 305
11 kreyn49 302
12 den-den777 280

13 supadupapimp 255
14 kingdom1 252
15 COACH T IS A MACHINE (Jason Ross) 246
16 admiral_needa 246
17 mamabristow 239
18 microbialgirl 239
19 scotty's angels (Scott Marsh) 218
20 My Boo is SICK (Kevin Sherrets) 209
21 KHTKSean (Sean Cunningham) 163

Last edited:
Well now...I managed to not pick again today! Arrggghhh!!!!:mad:

I guess since I've been at the top of the board, now I am trying to strip Kevin of that green jacket;)

Next week has got to be better!

I'm with ya Den Den.....I didn't know there was an early game today and thought I would be all smart and read up on people to see who was doing what before making my pick.....and I got smacked!

The rest of the week is locked in though.....L on forehead....

Well now, fine finish to the week. Recap should be up tomorrow detailing the splendid races we had as week 3 unfolded...heck, we even had a tight race for the green jacket :)

Marissa Coleman is likely out until mid July or so, for those wondering/considering playing her any time soon.

For Den-Den and all others...don't forget to set your picks for week 4;)
Hmmm...the winky-eye appears to have had the opposite effect I intended..

Man....I just bet I didn't take McCoughtry today...because I'm just that way lol

EDIT: I SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE THE HECK DIDN'T AND MY PLAYER DIDN'T FEEL LIKE PUTTING UP NORMAL NUMBERS TODAY EITHER...GAH...McCoughtry was the best player today, even without doubling her ridiculous output lol

Last edited:

Early reports today are that Plenette Pierson is now done for the season after shoulder surgery.
It's ironic that with the 11-man rosters now in effect that we get all these injuries. I guess free agents would be in demand.....I only hope that the M's see the light and make some good pick ups too.

What a difference a coach that lets Lang play makes....the one day Tree Rollins lost his mind and let her get minutes she blew up last season...then he sent her right back to the bench...

Anywhooo...I'm going to whine now....that at least my players this week are consistent in their non scoring. sigh....

Anywhooo...I'm going to whine now....that at least my players this week are consistent in their non scoring. sigh....
No matter how bad your non-scorers have done this, THAT GREEN JACKET IS MINE!!!.......I was stuck in traffic this afternoon, so I missed getting my picks in again :(

So that makes three days I missed this week--no way do you get to keep the jacket Kevin--it's mine, all mine...

No matter how bad your non-scorers have done this, THAT GREEN JACKET IS MINE!!!.......I was stuck in traffic this afternoon, so I missed getting my picks in again :(

So that makes three days I missed this week--no way do you get to keep the jacket Kevin--it's mine, all mine...
You know den-den...I have actually PLAYED people all week and still very well could slide into stealing the jacket you covet. Seriously, don't underestimate my talent at this game. I am legendary. ;)