[Fantasy] 2009 WNBA Pick One Challenge

DISASTER STRIKES!!!!

Why oh why? did the Candace Parker not play tonight????? I checked 5 min before the earliest game today and there was NO news about this. WHY?

I reserved CP for today's game and this is what I get?????

So much for my plans to take the top spot.

I saw that Mdme...who knows? Even with that, your still sitting #1 in our league;) My pick decided not to shoot the ball?
Got a big 10 point night..Lol. Well were still sitting in the top 15 overall. I see Krista's making a late charge...way to go KB!

I saw that Mdme...who knows? Even with that, your still sitting #1 in our league;) My pick decided not to shoot the ball?
Got a big 10 point night..Lol. Well were still sitting in the top 15 overall. I see Krista's making a late charge...way to go KB!

yeah, i guess it could be worse.....anyway, that's too many blunders already:

1) failed to use Augustus
2) DNP'ed one day
3) And now, lost CP3......aaarrrrggh:mad:

What a difference a night makes huh Mdme:cool:

SCORE......! Nice pick tonite. I'm telling you Rookies are your $ players, when they shoot! Great job.
I've been average at best...slippin in the leaderboard, keeping pace in our league;)

Last edited:
last night was the night that I specifically reserved zogota. remember when she was making waves a couple of weeks back with you guys? Good thing she didn't let me down, but am just about out of ammo. was really hoping this parker-zogota combo would give me some sort of a cushion. sigh......we'll see how it holds out. keep it up NBH, two weeks is a lot of time.

I know RDub21...it was hard to be disappointed since we got the W!
My seatmate & I picked her & we were trying to get baskets to fall, encouraging her to get some rebounds...well 11 was better than 0!

Just so happened a player #32 ''The Beast'' decided to put on a show...;)

I see Krista made to #37 in the Leader Board standings...Nice.
Mdme still taking the top spots at #1...Sweet.
Keep working everyone, It's a tight race:cool:

hmmm....NBH, I've got a dilemma? use my best available player tonight or save her for a later game I am planning on and just use someone likely to give my more mileage now than later? who are you choosing? (you can reply after the game starts if you want)

Well I uasually pick the older vets early,case of injuries..ie: L.J ;) Right now most of my money players are gone. Tonite I'm rolling with Burse, not too hopefull on that one, we'll see:p

Good luck! Check in with ya later tonite.

Where do you live Mdme? Are you in SacTown?

Mdme..I see you had the same sorry pick as me...:rolleyes:
I knew I was gonna have a sorry one when Burse was out with 3 fouls....she ended up fouling out!
So 4 points is better than none right...NOT...Lol.
This weeks point keep going down for me, I need a boost!

May roll with another MONARCH on Friday...feeling lucky;)

Well we rolled with the wrong player tonight. had currie penciled in but decided to change to burse thinking LJ's absence would give her playing time. but she stank it up tonight. was deciding between her and camille little but I decided to save little for a later game. Currie is just SOOOOO inconsistent that I am afraid to use her thinking she'll bomb big time.

anyway, I don't live in sactown. I actually am from the mid-west. Nebraska to be exact. I bet I'm the only Kings/Monarchs fan here. :)

Hope to visit Sac though some time in the future. My folks are from LA (boo) but my heart will always be with the Kings/Monarchs.

Am nearly out. I hope that my DNP and Parker fiasco don't bite me in the end. Good luck NBH. As long as a KFer is on top, then I'm happy.

I am astonished that every player I have had in the last 10 days has been determined to screw me.
I must say that it was fun while it lasted...I refuse to be bitter about it. I know my picks should have been sound. But the random benchings, the DNP's and the Cheryl Ford Boycott have just conspired to do me in.
I can take solace in the fact that the M's have got their crap together...

With that said...

I am taking the Divine Looking Miss Scholanda Hostons Dorell Robinson.
ATL is bringing the Track meet. I wish I could be there to see it. But they Closed the Bridge tonight, and i am not driving 30 miles out of the wayb On a Friday night nonetheless.

Good luck to my Divas. Go SHO!!!

I hear your frustration Luv13..have to say I miss the trash talkin:p
My picks have sucked to, this week. I'm gonna roll with a Monarch player too, not sure who yet? Well take it easy, too bad you can't be in the house tonite. Maybe you can keep the mojo alive via Twitter, with Krista & J. Ross!

Mdme...wow a Monarch/Kings fan in Neb....sweet. Must say your pretty good at this game. As for your folks living in LA...No worries. I have to admit, I'm a Dodger & Rams fan....yes I got issues;)

I do support the Monarchs & Kings 100% so not is all lost!

Good luck tonite crew...lets keep our team in the hunt.

Thanks Mdme...but I'd trade those points for a Win!

I needed a good night, mine have been ugly:p

I see KB had D-Walk too.

Can I just say the Dream, are damn good players...wow.

I would have given you a heads up, but with my luck this week, it could have back fired;)

Oh the ups & downs of Pick1...hot one nite, cold as ice the next! I had a scorchin 5 points from ''Matee Ajavon'':rolleyes:...Now to her credit, she did take 10 shots & missed them all. So thats my attempt at putting a positive spin, on a ugly night;) I do give her credit for shooting the ball.

Hope you all fared much better than me!

Oh the ups & downs of Pick1...hot one nite, cold as ice the next! I had a scorchin 5 points from ''Matee Ajavon'':rolleyes:...Now to her credit, she did take 10 shots & missed them all. So thats my attempt at putting a positive spin, on a ugly night;) I do give her credit for shooting the ball.

Hope you all fared much better than me!
we all rode the Ajavon Train .......................AND CRASHED.

thank goodness a majority of the top 10 chose her too so not much change in the standings.

I should really stop making these last minute changes......would have taken hornbuckle's 17 gladly. :(

Anyway, it's the home stretch........hope the KFers can climb back up.

Well Folks

I am done... So go on without me.

Good luck Down the stretch.

On a Side note... Most fan are really wanting to get WVGM back. Or are least offer both. This was a fun game because I got to play it with ya'll but I'm with them.
It is a symptom of a large issue with the league. But I will address thatwhen we debrief about this past season.

Here hoping that someone from our league runs away with the prize.

It's the final week. Don't know if I have enough left in the tank. Let's go NBH!!! and Krista too, maybe you can make a final push.
That's probably the case for all of us. Most of our money players are gone! For sure...lets finish strong & try to move up!
I've had lots of fun this year, especially playing with friends & the KHTK crew. I wanna give a shout-out to Krista & Jason for hanging tough & mentioning the game on Monarchs Talk. That made playing well worth it.
Along with the trash talk & stealing players from Luv13:p

Best of luck to you all...1 week to go!

I thought I got it today with McCants but, mindmeld strategy by #1 player preventing any headway. Still down by 30 points, 4 games to go. Did get #2 spot back though, by a point. Needed every single point from Mccants though.

Nice work..Mdme, must say you know how to pick-em:)
RDub21...hanging tough. J. Ross has all 14's this week so far!
Impressed with Ryan too..Admiral Needa...jumpin up to the 6th spot!
I'm holding steady in our league , don't think I can catch the master Mdme:p.
Hey MBF...what's up pickin K-Law? You musta picked that months ago;) We miss your awards & humorous commentary!

Crunch-time team! Represent!

Nice work..Mdme, must say you know how to pick-em:)
RDub21...hanging tough. J. Ross has all 14's this week so far!
Impressed with Ryan too..Admiral Needa...jumpin up to the 6th spot!
I'm holding steady in our league , don't think I can catch the master Mdme:p.
Hey MBF...what's up pickin K-Law? You musta picked that months ago;) We miss your awards & humorous commentary!

Crunch-time team! Represent!
Yeah, where's MBF........still waiting on the weekly updates ;)

I don't think I can catch the #1 player. He/She chooses the same player I choose so can't make any headway. That Candace Parker DNP day and that 1 day I forgot to play really did me in I think. Anyway, I may just take a gamble tomorrow just so that I can choose a different player. I already scouted his/her available players and can roughly guess he/she will play Hornbuckle tomorrow. This was my plan too but I may just change and take a gamble on another player just to be different. sigh.

I don't think I can catch the #1 player. He/She chooses the same player I choose so can't make any headway. That Candace Parker DNP day and that 1 day I forgot to play really did me in I think. Anyway, I may just take a gamble tomorrow just so that I can choose a different player. I already scouted his/her available players and can roughly guess he/she will play Hornbuckle tomorrow. This was my plan too but I may just change and take a gamble on another player just to be different. sigh.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you can beat them to the #1 spot! This is my first time playing this game, and well, frankly--I suck at this game. You, however, ROCK! Of course, it did not help that I had 4-5 DNP days that I forgot to pick.

My one suggestion would be that you could NOT see other's picks until after the game was completed. While I realize that part of the game is the strategy against other players, I would like to know what others think about not being able to see others picks until post game???