Fans back in the G1C soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb02

All-Star
Good timing. Looking forward to taking my son to his first Kings game and gearing him up with Kings gear. Plus considering getting partial Kings season tickets next year, since we're moving to Walnut Creek in the next few months (depending on when renovations are done).

I think this is going to make national news. I could be wrong, but this is one of the first major events where a business is requiring vaccines OR negative covid test to be there.

I think this is going to make national news. I could be wrong, but this is one of the first major events where a business is requiring vaccines OR negative covid test to be there.
I don't like it. Mom is in her younger 80’s and her doctor is saying wait because she had Covid. My wife's doctor told her to wait until the Johnson and Johnson is available because of her allergic reactions to medications. I have had the 1st dose and have the 2nd scheduled.

We need widespread vaccinations of the population but not at the point of denial of service. Slippery slope.

I don't like it. Mom is in her younger 80’s and her doctor is saying wait because she had Covid. My wife's doctor told her to wait until the Johnson and Johnson is available because of her allergic reactions to medications. I have had the 1st dose and have the 2nd scheduled.

We need widespread vaccinations of the population but not at the point of denial of service. Slippery slope.
Which is why I expect it to be a major talking point. People are already fretting over vaccine passports, this is now local things utilizing it.

We need the mass vaccination so that this virus stop spreading and mutating and we can go back to being around people and if 5% of people refuse to get it, it won't affect the rest of us. But going to be very hard to enforce things like this.

I do however want to wear my vaccination card like a lanyard so I don't have to wear masks so often, lol.

Which is why I expect it to be a major talking point. People are already fretting over vaccine passports, this is now local things utilizing it.

We need the mass vaccination so that this virus stop spreading and mutating and we can go back to being around people and if 5% of people refuse to get it, it won't affect the rest of us. But going to be very hard to enforce things like this.

I do however want to wear my vaccination card like a lanyard so I don't have to wear masks so often, lol.
Trouble with the vaccine is that it does not make you invincible. You can still get it, spread it but like the flu vaccine if you do get it, it will hopefully less severe.

Vaccinated or not, if you are around others who you are uncertain about their vaccination status you need to wear it, not for you but for them.

Any business that requires a "vaccine passport" won't be getting any of my money. That's for sure. The medical record of the population is none of their damn business.

I'm starting to find myself slowly distancing myself from sports with all the new wave garbage that's going on. It's probably for the better since it's really a massive time waster when you really think about it.

Trouble with the vaccine is that it does not make you invincible. You can still get it, spread it but like the flu vaccine if you do get it, it will hopefully less severe.

Vaccinated or not, if you are around others who you are uncertain about their vaccination status you need to wear it, not for you but for them.
I understand all that, but at a certain point (end of this year or next year at the latest) if people are actively deciding not to get it, then I don't feel that I need to protect them anymore. We have to get back to normalcy.

I understand all that, but at a certain point (end of this year or next year at the latest) if people are actively deciding not to get it, then I don't feel that I need to protect them anymore. We have to get back to normalcy.
That I can get totally on board with. Years ago we had a manufacturing snafu with the flu shot manufacturing and a great amount of vaccine was destroyed. People just had to have their shot and lined up around blocks to get it. Next year with ample supply couldn't give them away. De ja vu happening all over again.

Widespread compliance with masks, they work. Want proof? How many people do you know who got the flu this last winter? It was nearly non-existant. You wear masks to protect others. If mask wearing becomes non-compliant, are you putting yourself at risk because anything "foreign" that gets inside your mask is blocked from getting out? Not answering that, just simple question.

That I can get totally on board with. Years ago we had a manufacturing snafu with the flu shot manufacturing and a great amount of vaccine was destroyed. People just had to have their shot and lined up around blocks to get it. Next year with ample supply couldn't give them away. De ja vu happening all over again.

Widespread compliance with masks, they work. Want proof? How many people do you know who got the flu this last winter? It was nearly non-existant. You wear masks to protect others. If mask wearing becomes non-compliant, are you putting yourself at risk because anything "foreign" that gets inside your mask is blocked from getting out? Not answering that, just simple question.
Sorry the correlation to reduce flu and masks is way off. There are way more factors mostly being working from home and kids not being in school. With our reduced office (80 person office, about 15-20 there per day)staff, I dont recall anyone coming in sick this year.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Sorry the correlation to reduce flu and masks is way off. There are way more factors mostly being working from home and kids not being in school. With our reduced office (80 person office, about 15-20 there per day)staff, I dont recall anyone coming in sick this year.
Actually, it is a combination of masks, increased hand washing/sanitation, and the social distancing you mentioned. They all play a role.

I am fine with any company that wants to enact vaccination checks or negative tests to participate. If it is shown that they didn't and they had a massive spreading event at their facility, they may be liable for any resulting deaths, etc., by not taking such precautions to protect their customers. Just like "no shoes, no shirt, no service" - it all comes down to sanitation and health (and a litigious society).

Any business that requires a "vaccine passport" won't be getting any of my money. That's for sure. The medical record of the population is none of their damn business.

I'm starting to find myself slowly distancing myself from sports with all the new wave garbage that's going on. It's probably for the better since it's really a massive time waster when you really think about it.
Same goes for me.

I get that, historically, vaccinations have been required for kids to begin attending public schools, but this is taking it too far past that IMO.

My wife works for a medical research company that has covid contracts. She‘s chosen not to get the vaccine, for now, and so have I. Eventually I will get it. But not now. Not until more work is done and it goes through the usual FDA approval process — not a sped up emergency process. My wife feels the same.

My parents and grandmother have been vaccinated as high risk individuals. I’m happy for them that they feel better about it. But I don’t choose to be an early adopter on most things, vaccines included.

And I won’t be pressured and bullied into doing something I’m against at this current time.

I’ll be asking my KINGS rep for a refund on my ticket deposit.

Last edited:
You sure you want to see the Kings in person this season?
I was actually gonna mention that since they are awful it’s probably for the best. But who am I kidding? I still went to games for years and years in the 80’s and 90’s when the KINGS were far more devoid of talent than they are now so.....

Actually, it is a combination of masks, increased hand washing/sanitation, and the social distancing you mentioned. They all play a role.

I am fine with any company that wants to enact vaccination checks or negative tests to participate. If it is shown that they didn't and they had a massive spreading event at their facility, they may be liable for any resulting deaths, etc., by not taking such precautions to protect their customers. Just like "no shoes, no shirt, no service" - it all comes down to sanitation and health (and a litigious society).
My issue is it only has experimental approval. Nothing experimental should be required. The military can't force the covid shot, it's voluntary.

My issue is it only has experimental approval. Nothing experimental should be required. The military can't force the covid shot, it's voluntary.
That remains to be seen with the military. You have a good point about emergency approval. The flu shot isn't required although it helps save lives. Normally tens of thousands die annually (don’t remember exact number) and it is not required. And yes, one year they will eventually completely miss with the flu vaccine and deaths will be substantially higher. This year was substantially lower to nearly non-existant.

That remains to be seen with the military. You have a good point about emergency approval. The flu shot isn't required although it helps save lives. Normally tens of thousands die annually (don’t remember exact number) and it is not required. And yes, one year they will eventually completely miss with the flu vaccine and deaths will be substantially higher. This year was substantially lower to nearly non-existant.
I haven't seen the numbers yet, but I expect medical error deaths to be drastically lower too due to lower number of non essential procedures performed last year.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Eh, they've been working on coronaviruses for about a decade. Is this one slightly different? Yes. But it's not like they haven't seen them before and been working on sequencing them or fighting them.

I got my first shot on Saturday (Moderna). Doing great, no extra appendages or mutant powers to report yet though.

Eh, they've been working on coronaviruses for about a decade. Is this one slightly different? Yes. But it's not like they haven't seen them before and been working on sequencing them or fighting them.
And had nothing yet. Nada. After decades of studying SARS-CoV-1 and MERS.

But in less than a year after discovering these current versions — suddenly they got something?

And it’s been rushed through testing/trials bypassing normal FDA guidelines.

Who knows what the hell they’re putting in your bodies.

Sorry, not for me. I’ll wait it out and let you guys be the early adopters.

Last edited:

I got my first shot on Saturday (Moderna). Doing great, no extra appendages or mutant powers to report yet though.
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say they first started working on them 10 years ago but when SARS petered out on its own, work on a vaccine essentially stopped.

Edited - removed political discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
No one will be required to go to a Kings game. I don't see a problem with the Kings requiring a vaccine if they do. If you don't agree with their policy, just don't go.

I will be tempted to get tickets to go to a game, but part of the joy of being there in person is being part of the crowd. I'm afraid that with so few people there that I'll miss the comforting feeling of sitting there and hearing someone else throw some shade at Luke. Or maybe it will be easier to hear them with fewer people.... hmmm, yeah, I will probably be lookin' at tickets whenever they get released.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
You guys are obviously entitled to your opinions. But the vaccines (especially Moderna and Pfizer) are proven to work without significant side effects, and even the others have just very rare reactions that are an order of magnitude or two (or more!) less frequent than significant COVID infection (which result in ICU hospitalizations/long term COVID or death).

Just like the flu vaccine they make new every year because of the different strains available (and also which would be much more effective if more than, say, about 50% of the adult US population would actually get them each year), once you know the basic structure of something making something to combat a variant is much easier.

So yes, I'm all for vaccinations. It's amazing what science can do when you just let it go solve problems like this.

And had nothing yet. Nada. After decades of studying SARS-CoV-1 and MERS.

But in less than a year after discovering these current versions — suddenly they got something?

And it’s been rushed through testing/trials bypassing normal FDA guidelines.

Who knows what the hell they’re putting in your bodies.

Sorry, not for me. I’ll wait it out and let you guys be the early adopters.
SARS Cov-1 was in 2003/4 it was scary then it burned out, because people weren’t contagious unless they had symptoms. So unlike this one, it was 10x more deadly, but much harder to catch. Covid is the opposite.

So yes, they were working on a vaccination but back shelved it because we didn’t have an active disease we were fighting. There is a lot of cost that goes into producing a vaccine, so why would they have kept going for something that nobody would have taken?

Now to your second point, all you have to do is spend a little time reading the technical articles on the different vaccines to find out what’s in them. So saying “who the hell knows what they’re putting in your bodies” is willful ignorance, because by the end of today you could have that knowledge on all of them.

You guys are obviously entitled to your opinions. But the vaccines (especially Moderna and Pfizer) are proven to work without significant side effects, and even the others have just very rare reactions that are an order of magnitude or two (or more!) less frequent than significant COVID infection (which result in ICU hospitalizations/long term COVID or death).

Just like the flu vaccine they make new every year because of the different strains available (and also which would be much more effective if more than, say, about 50% of the adult US population would actually get them each year), once you know the basic structure of something making something to combat a variant is much easier.

So yes, I'm all for vaccinations. It's amazing what science can do when you just let it go solve problems like this.
I am in no way anti-vaccine. Hell, I took the Lyme disease vaccine. Probably shouldn't have considering they took it off market within a year or so. I hated that Covid became all politics and damn the facts from both sides. That scared me more than anything, I don't trust any and didn't want to be part of the acceptable collateral damage. And by delaying it could still cause one to be collateral damage from their stupid games. I took the first with the second scheduled next week after having seen enough results.

Rolling the dice either way but it seems there is enough data out there to be comfortable to proceed with the shot. But I will stand by the mandatory, oh Hell NO! Highly recommended, very much yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.