Evans for Wall

I wouldn't do it. I like Wall and think he will be a superstar...eventually but I like Reke and what he brings to the table.

From Wizards, I would be going after McGee to pair with Cousins. No chance Wizards do it but I would certainly ask the question. Our front office wouldn't like him though considering he is a shotblocker and is over 6'6"....in our eyes that is just too tall for a PF or C.
^this

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Why the rush to trade Reke before we see how he and Cousins progress with a real system, better support players, and a proven coach?

Do people not see what Wall is going through this year is what Reke went through last year? Teams playing you differently and needing to adjust, as well as a real lack of support over there in Wash. Do you think fans is Wash are sitting there wondering how they can trade Wall? Do you think their FO is doing the same? No! Neither is our with Reke.

What I wonder is why do so many believe Wall will improve, and is worth trading for, yet Reke isn't? Why would people trade away Reke, before seeing how he performs with a real coach, a real system, and better role players around him? You think Wall kicking it to an open Salmons is going to yield different results than Reke kicking it to Salmons? You think Wall penetrating without any cutters or off the ball movement will be that much more successful than Reke penetrating without cutters or off ball movement?

I'm amazed at how many don't understand the importance of a system, good coaching, and better role players. We've had crap coaching ever since Reke was drafted, yet some of you just want to ship him out, before correcting the other problem, and seeing how it works out. You'd just be bringing a different player into the same broken system.

Why the rush to trade Reke before we see how he and Cousins progress with a real system, better support players, and a proven coach?

Do people not see what Wall is going through this year is what Reke went through last year? Teams playing you differently and needing to adjust, as well as a real lack of support over there in Wash. Do you think fans is Wash are sitting there wondering how they can trade Wall? Do you think their FO is doing the same? No! Neither is our with Reke.

What I wonder is why do so many believe Wall will improve, and is worth trading for, yet Reke isn't? Why would people trade away Reke, before seeing how he performs with a real coach, a real system, and better role players around him? You think Wall kicking it to an open Salmons is going to yield different results than Reke kicking it to Salmons? You think Wall penetrating without any cutters or off the ball movement will be that much more successful than Reke penetrating without cutters or off ball movement?

I'm amazed at how many don't understand the importance of a system, good coaching, and better role players. We've had crap coaching ever since Reke was drafted, yet some of you just want to ship him out, before correcting the other problem, and seeing how it works out. You'd just be bringing a different player into the same broken system.
I can't speak for others but when I say i'd trade Tyreke for Wall, Rondo, Rubio (at least based on how he's looked so far), etc. that's a trade i'd do even if the Kings had a real offensive system and were winning games. I'm looking at those trades on a player vs. player basis and not with the expectation that any of those guys could somehow magically clean up this mess in Sacramento single handedly.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You mean like Andre Miller? 8)
As I've mentioned before Miller is a bad fit, being old, ball dominant, unable to shoot from distance, and notably UNaware of how to play a role and currently complaining about a role on a Denver team that is giving him a lot more freedom/minutes than he would get here.

If you're going to go that route might as well go all out and offer Hickson and Jimmer for a few years of Nash (maybe, he's a FA at the end of the year). Can shoot and lead, and has the stature that Thrtonton could head to the bench as 6th man without feeling he was treated unfairly. You might have to throw in Salmons to make the salaries match. Which would be terrible. Really.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No way Washington gives up Wall.

But I think the better question is: what's the current trade value for Evans?
Or the better question might be what sort of morons give up on a ROY 3 weeks into his third season just as he's showing signs of heating up?

Panicky fans would be the answer to that.

You've got maybe 20 guys in the NBA who you could trade him for without being in deep danger of a head slapping they did WHAT? in a few years. And of those 20 only 2 or 3 might be available, and all of them older, with giant contracts, and already having PROVEN in 6, 8, 10 years of work that they can't get it done as main guys.

Or the better question might be what sort of morons give up on a ROY 3 weeks into his third season just as he's showing signs of heating up?

Panicky fans would be the answer to that.

You've got maybe 20 guys in the NBA who you could trade him for without being in deep danger of a head slapping they did WHAT? in a few years. And of those 20 only 2 or 3 might be available, and all of them older, with giant contracts, and already having PROVEN in 6, 8, 10 years of work that they can't get it done as main guys.

I'd trade Evans for Wall because I think it's easier to build around Wall/Cousins than Evans/Cousins, but it is indeed ridiculous to consider trading Evans for anything other than a potential superstar on a rookie contract.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think Miller would be ideal- he lived (still may) in the area and could be had for cheap. The difficulty is that we can't give him a starting role...unless we move Tyreke to SG and bring Thornton off the bench.
Well, that is the rub, isn't it? You know what would happen if Miller came to the Kings? He would TAKE the pg position. It would be more than obvious to everybody concerned that he's THE guy. This debate about Tyreke's role as pg would dissapear into the ether.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's out of hand to consider the trade. Both players have potentially large upside. Both have warts. Both have lousy teams. Both haven't made their team win. If you want more passing, you take Wall. More scoring, Tyreke. The problem is that if you make the trade, you still don't have the veteran pg that you really need *now*.