Evans for Wall

J

jdbraver

Would you trade Evans for Wall? Both are having similar years and atleast with Wall we get a better distributor. Washington would get a better scorer.

Would you trade Evans for Wall? Both are having similar years and atleast with Wall we get a better distributor. Washington would get a better scorer.
Not this early. Wall is a better distributor, but we've already geared our offense around Evans. If you keep changing things and not giving the guys time to grow together around a fixed system you're never going to have a winning team, regardless of personnel.

I like evan's and even though he isn't as good of a distributor as Wall, he is still a great defensive player and seems to be improving in all areas under smart. Also I don't see him bolting in free-agency, So I would probably stick with him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just a note: they are not having similar years. Wall is having a disastrous year. I expect him to bounce back at some point, but he's been terrible and its hurting his rep. Wall's year so far:

36.6min 12.8pts (.340FG .000 .705FT) 4.2reb 6.9ast 1.4stl 1.0blk 3.8TO

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think Wall will eventually be a star in the league, but at this time, I'd rather bet on what I already have, than my opinion of Wall. So No!

I'd probably do it. I'd at least give it some serious thought. But then again, I don't think that Tyreke is the next coming of Michael Jordan the way many KFs seem to.

I'd probably do it. I'd at least give it some serious thought. But then again, I don't think that Tyreke is the next coming of Michael Jordan the way many KFs seem to.
I would probably do it as well but I am sure the rest of KF already knew this. Evans does not really fit with the rest of the team. Too much 1 on 1 basketball and that starts at the PG position. It's funny how much better the team looks when IT is bringing the ball up.

I recon we could snare wall right now since his stock is so low by offering jimmer and next years pick. I doubt washington has given up on him though. Thats what id be offering in any case straight up no sweetners.

Set for years with Wall and Reke starting and Thornton off the bench

Last edited:
I recon we could snare wall right now since his stock is so low by offering jimmer and next years pick. I doubt washington has given up on him though. Thats what id be offering in any case straight up no sweetners.

Set for years with Wall and Reke starting and Thornton off the bench
Pretty solid idea, but there is a small chance next years pick is going to Cleveland.

I'll take Wall over Evans. Maybe Cousins and Wall will play more inspired basketball because of their history of playing together in College. I just don't see Evans having that special connection with Cousins.

S

sactownfan

this team so desperately needs a PG that is a dime passing machine!!!!

Evans is a star, Wall is a star.... on talent i think its pretty close to fair... as far as meeting this teams #1 need its a deal for us...

(everyone take a deep breath) Evans is the leader of a team filled with same kind of players... now, he is the most talented at iso, no passing, drive and score players we have and in this league. but Evans really seems to be a one trick pony right now.

pros: long arms, "fastest time in the court sprint"-george maloof, pretty good rebounder for guard, on occasion has quick hands and a knack for clutch defensive plays, one of the best at getting to the rim in the NBA.... did i mention he's one of the best at getting to the rim in the NBA?

Cons: court vision, speed, defending as a whole, passing, letting the shot clock wind down without doing a single thing, 3pt shooting, mid range jump shots, elevating the games of all those around him, clogs the lane for Cousins (and basically the rest of the team that wants to drive). not a outspoken leader or vocal leader.

ok so those are the all the pros and cons i could think of... i really like Evans. I really do he's a special talent. and he makes some incredible moves at the rim... but... seriously... i just don't see how this is going to work... he NEEDS the ball to do his thing... and with him dominating the ball so much it keeps everyone else from being involved... and everyone as we know... really really wants the ball too...

it just seems like the quickest way to fix this roster as it stands now... is to trade Evans for a similar level talent in the form of a passing PG. and Wall can create shots for people and pass... cousins gets more easy looks, which on those nights when he's struggling, it can help snap him out of his mental funk.. an easy dunk or basket can do wonders for a guy thats going mental... same with the rest of our mental bunch... Jimmer is one guy that if you put him a SG and wall at PG ... Jimmers knocking down open 3's like he was in college again... Jimmer clearly would benefit from not having to play PG right this second and focus on just shooting the ball. make it easier on him...

Id make this trade in a heartbeat.... the only thing that would worry me about this is cousins and wall together again could be really good or maybe really bad... but its interesting to imagine

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When a team can't hit water from a boat, you could have John Stockton playing the 1 and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

S

sactownfan

When a team can't hit water from a boat, you could have John Stockton playing the 1 and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
this is exactly why we need a shot creator!!!!!!!!!! you made my point

... if we suited up wall without a single practice to get ready.... he walks out there and finds a way even with our lineup to get himself 6-10 ast..... thats just what he does... at the same level Evans drives Wall passes...

now how does 6-10 easy looks change things when a team is struggling to shoot like we did tonight? well it probably means we would have set a few less embarrassing records tonight.... just a few tho

John Stockton would have made it at least more completive and could be the missing link... i fully disagree with you ... but i realize your joking.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sactownfan

better yet again as much as I'm hating on Jimmer right now... Jimmer would at least in my mind be drilling 3's at this point with wall demanding attention away from him and ACTUALLY FINDING AN OPEN JIMMER WITH A FREAKING PASS! un like all the other guys starting with Evans that drive, get 2 or 3 guys closing in on them and force a shot with rest of our team watching on wide open.

We have assets that you dont neccessarily have to give up evans to get wall though and if were aiming to move forward then id say we should look into those sorts of deals primarily.

Wall for Evans is almost like hitting the reset button

We have assets that you dont neccessarily have to give up evans to get wall though and if were aiming to move forward then id say we should look into those sorts of deals primarily.

Wall for Evans is almost like hitting the reset button
Really? When did Wall become chopped liver? It's debatable whether they'd even trade Wall for Evans straight up but the idea that they'd trade Wall for any player not named Evans or Cousins seems like kooky talk to me.

Bricklayer

Guys, this is a dumb thread. It really is. Washington isn't giving up Wall. Frankly until Wall stabilizes we would have to be stupid to give up Evans to get him, and in general its not happening.

Not only has Wall not elevated his team this year, he's actually been pulled down into their muck and looked terrible. I still think somewhere out there he's got a future -- and hate almsot every other member of that Wizards squad except Singleton and McGee (who actually is an idiot, but at least has a talent), but regardless, if he was all that they would not be as flatlined as they are. No way in hell though they give up on a #1 overall pick in yr 2 because he's off to a slow start. The coach will go, every single other member of the team will go, everyone will go before they do that.

Evans is terrible. He'll never be a PG, and at best right now he's a ballhog that gets streakier than fatty bacon when it comes to shooting. I'd deal him and other pieces to get an established PG or SF that can defend and make plays for our SG and C. I have taken a "sell high" outlook on Evans since we drafted him, wanted Rubio all along, and think 'Reke's value will only go down from here. If Wall is the best we can do, get it done.

I wouldn't do it. I like Wall and think he will be a superstar...eventually but I like Reke and what he brings to the table.

From Wizards, I would be going after McGee to pair with Cousins. No chance Wizards do it but I would certainly ask the question. Our front office wouldn't like him though considering he is a shotblocker and is over 6'6"....in our eyes that is just too tall for a PF or C.

Bricklayer

I wouldn't do it. I like Wall and think he will be a superstar...eventually but I like Reke and what he brings to the table.

From Wizards, I would be going after McGee to pair with Cousins. No chance Wizards do it but I would certainly ask the question. Our front office wouldn't like him though considering he is a shotblocker and is over 6'6"....in our eyes that is just too tall for a PF or C.
Unfortunately McGee is dumber than a box of rocks, and that comes from somebody who likes what he brings on the court.

I think really at this point we need to concentrate on surrounding Reke and Cousins with steady vets and guys who know how to play their roles. Assuming things do not spiral here, I am betting on numerous big performances out of those two and Thronton this season, but they need supporting cast types who are dependable if we are ever going to smooth things out and get consistent. More young guys or erratic guys or aging guys who only have their legs 1 night in 3 will only add erraticness to an already erratic situation. We should be tryign to limit our worries to as great a degree as possible on the opponent, and maybe on Cousins' head. We've just got too many sources of worry/inconsistency right now any number of which can break down any night.

Last edited:
Unfortunately McGee is dumber than a box of rocks, and that comes from somebody who likes what he brings on the court.

I think really at this point we need to concentrate on surrounding Reke and Cousins with steady vets and guys who know how to play their roles. Assuming things do not spiral here, I am betting on numerous big performances out of those two and Thronton this season, but they need supporting cast types who are dependable if we are ever going to smooth things out and get consistent. More young guys or erratic guys or aging guys who only have their legs 1 night in 3 will only add erraticness to an already erratic situation. We should be tryign to limit our worries to as great a degree as possible on the opponent, and maybe on Cousins' head. We've just got too many sources of worry/inconsistency right now any number of which can break down any night.
I agree but you look around and there is not much for us to get that is realistic as that front court player to pair with Cousins. Dalembert was an ideal candidate but we pissed that opportunity into the wind. We won't go anywhere until we get that guy next to Cousins.

You are right, steady dependable vets are what's needed. Hence why I said I get depressed when I think that we could have gone into this season with Dalembert, Beno and one of the FA small forwards (AK47 or even Prince) and we would be MUCH MUCH better than what we are trotting out now and for the same cost that we are running at now.

Dalembert deal was a no brainer and a bargain but the way we handled the whole situation meant we burnt bridges. Dalembert - Cousins - AK47 (or Prince) - Thornton - Evans - Beno - Thompson - Garcia - Greene et al would have been a MUCH better and a MUCH more balanced team than the rubbish we are seeing on the court right now.

Really? When did Wall become chopped liver? It's debatable whether they'd even trade Wall for Evans straight up but the idea that they'd trade Wall for any player not named Evans or Cousins seems like kooky talk to me.
They have McGee who they rate highly so i doubt they'd be after Boogie.

Its not so much the fact that Walls become chopped liver (though im hoping for that so we could snare him) but that fact that id like to keep Evans here to pair him with Wall and id be willing to give up everything but Cousins and Thornton to get him - yes is not going to happen but that would be my view here. What Wall and Evans could become is scary.

The way were going a high pick in a stocked draft is on its way here. Give the wiz the gamble of that pick and jimmer for example. They wont do it but if they percieve wall is really struggling then anything can happen