Eric Bledsoe

We have one of the highest salaries in the league.
What I mean is that at some point we need to lose our fear of big contracts. If it means getting a real impact player, it's worth overpaying for said player. A lot of us would rather sit on Thompsons, Williams, and Landry's contracts in hopes that a golden deal comes along or until the day they expire in a few years. By that time Rudy will have left and Cousins will be wanting to leave. And to be clear, im not necessarily advocating for Bledsoe to be that guy. Half a season isn't enough to sell me on a player.

Rubio can't shoot, that's a fact.
But we're talking about Rondo all the time and he doesn't look like Nash neither.
Anyway, I'm waiting for a PG who can handle the ball since ages and we need someone who can feed shooters and Cousins.
Rubio could be that guy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Not only Rondo, but remember almost the first thing this management team did was trade for Greivis Vasquez and make him a starter over IT. That failed, but that combined with the Rondo rumors and letting IT go over the summer strongly hints that a Rubio style PG might be the preference, if they could find one. That obviously doesn't mean in the least bit we are going to get him or that its even possible to get him. But there are a number of reasons to believe we might not be adverse to the idea.

Poor Grant & Jerry though. Kind of made it a point to run down Rubio for years, I think really as a reaction against all the silly fan reaction back when we drafted Reke. And I long suspected Jerry to be saying some of the things he used to say with full sanction and knowledge of how the front office felt. Now I think he's cut off from being an insider, and would have to reverse course quickly.

K

KingMilz

Rubio can't shoot, that's a fact.
But we're talking about Rondo all the time and he doesn't look like Nash neither.
Anyway, I'm waiting for a PG who can handle the ball since ages and we need someone who can feed shooters and Cousins.
Rubio could be that guy.
Rubio can't do anything other than make the odd flashy pass and reach in on defence. Dude is a liability in any form of basketball

J

jdbraver

What I mean is that at some point we need to lose our fear of big contracts. If it means getting a real impact player, it's worth overpaying for said player. A lot of us would rather sit on Thompsons, Williams, and Landry's contracts in hopes that a golden deal comes along or until the day they expire in a few years. By that time Rudy will have left and Cousins will be wanting to leave. And to be clear, im not necessarily advocating for Bledsoe to be that guy. Half a season isn't enough to sell me on a player.
Rudy and Cuz have big contracts, so I'm a bit confused about us being afraid. We have 2 max players. We can't just endlessly give them out. Even if we put a package of other parts together for Bledsoe it wouldn't amount to a great trade for the suns.

Rudy and Cuz have big contracts, so I'm a bit confused about us being afraid. We have 2 max players. We can't just endlessly give them out. Even if we put a package of other parts together for Bledsoe it wouldn't amount to a great trade for the suns.
I'm talking about us as fans. The FO seems more than willing to spend money given the opportunity.

He is very talented. He's playing with a great young OKC team, that sometimes makes him look great. I'd say in 3 years he'll be on par with.... Ah, let's see, maybe a Darren Collison.
He's already on par with Darren Collison... Their stats are near identical and they both did it on winning teams..
I think Jackson has more defensive potential at the PG spot... being 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier then Collison.

Nothing against Collison, hes a good player. I just think Reggie will be a tier ahead of him when all is said and done.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I was just coming on here to post that deal. After all this stalling and not budging from their original offer, Phoenix finally caved in and now can go and put a starting five of purely guards out there. o_O

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Plumlee/Len
Morris/Morris
Tucker/Warren
Dragic/Green/Dragic/Goodwin
Bledsoe/IT/Ennis

How the hell is Hornacek going to balance that guard rotation? I can see Green sliding to the three for spots but Goodwin and Ennis still wind up buried on the bench as players in need of development while Dragic, Bledsoe, and the Once and Future Pizza Guy dominate the minutes battle. Also might see Zoran Dragic fighting for time in the rotation as well.

Meanwhile, the Suns are one injury away from having to play Alex Len for significant minutes, something that he might probably not be so ready for.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Plumlee/Len
Morris/Morris
Tucker/Warren
Bledsoe/IT/Ennis

How the hell is Hornacek going to balance that guard rotation? I can see Green sliding to the three for spots but Goodwin and Ennis still wind up buried on the bench as players in need of development while Dragic, Bledsoe, and the Once and Future Pizza Guy dominate the minutes battle. Also might see Zoran Dragic fighting for time in the rotation as well.

Meanwhile, the Suns are one injury away from having to play Alex Len for significant minutes, something that he might probably not be so ready for.
I don't disagree with you, but this is essentially the same team that won 48 games last season, plus IT. Len wasn't even a factor last year, so if they can get anything from him its a plus. I doubt that their worried about Goodwin and Ennis getting any minutes. The Morris twins are just SF's hiding in a PF's body, but they do resemble today's version of a stretch four. Obviously, almost all their scoring is going to come from the perimeter. So there won't be much balance. Just one wave after another of players raining three's. Most of their scoring at the basket will once again come from guard penetration. We'll see how successful they are the second time around. I thought Hornacek did a remarkable job last season.

Plumlee/Len
Morris/Morris
Tucker/Warren
Bledsoe/IT/Ennis

Looks like a perpetual 45 to 48 win team.

Suns lost Frye, their last year's starting PF, and people should stop lumping Morris brothers together: Markieff is a poor man's Favors and Marcus plays like Frye.

K

KingMilz

If the 3 guard thing keeps going like this I would offer the Suns Landry/Staskus/Williams for Bledose to play as super sub at PG/SG and be the 6th man we need.