Eric Bledsoe

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Apparently the Suns are more than ever looking to trade Bledsoe, I wonder where he can land though since no team was willing to fork out his demand of a max contract. Maybe a one year rental and then see if he can play more than 60 games.

Rondo and Bledsoe are both coming back from injury. Risk is involved trading for either player. Both have connections with players on the Kings. Both anticipate BIG contracts.

I lean toward Bledsoe because he is only 24. Either would make the Kings a threat for the playoffs in the West.

I support a deal for either player as long as Cousins, Gay and Stauskas remain Kings.

I should have done more research before sounding off. My bottom line is that, in all the talk we've had about Rondo, I don't think there's any way he's going to help our team for a long time. I could be wrong, but he strikes me as a big city guy who will look to get out of Sacramento as soon as possible (after collecting a big paycheck). And that's if he can stay healthy. Bledsoe, if things work out, could be a big part of our team for a long time, and the connection to Cousins makes that at least plausible.

Bledsoe's knees scares me.
The way Bledsoe is negotiating with the Suns gives me flashbacks of Eric Gordon before he got a big fat paycheck from New Orleans to just sit on their bench with his coat and tie.

He should just be fine with a Kyle Lowry kind of contract. Otherwise, I think we better stay put with Collison at the helm come opening night.

K

KingMilz

I should have done more research before sounding off. My bottom line is that, in all the talk we've had about Rondo, I don't think there's any way he's going to help our team for a long time. I could be wrong, but he strikes me as a big city guy who will look to get out of Sacramento as soon as possible (after collecting a big paycheck). And that's if he can stay healthy. Bledsoe, if things work out, could be a big part of our team for a long time, and the connection to Cousins makes that at least plausible.
I agree with this and with Bledsoe he's a guy that you will never question his efffort towards winning (Rondo is the same) and it's these type of young/athletic/relentless types you HAVE TO gamble on

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'am kind of shocked the Suns did not offer Bledsoe for Monroe
Well if there's one fault in the current Suns regime it's that they don't seem to have a grasp on the big man's role on the roster, though it is possible that they could just be hoping that Alex Len starts to come into his own.

Well if there's one fault in the current Suns regime it's that they don't seem to have a grasp on the big man's role on the roster, though it is possible that they could just be hoping that Alex Len starts to come into his own.
That's why they may consider a package of Ben McClemore, Carl Landry and D Will for Bledsoe.

Lets get it done PDA!

Last edited:
I'm sure whatever team we trade with will require stauskas.
I don't think Kings would include Stauskas in any trade, unless you are getting superstar back.

Bledsoe has Phoenix in tough position, if he is demanding near max contract, most teams won't give them much in return. Considering any team can just sign him outright next year, if he signs qualifying offer now.

J

jdbraver

I don't think Kings would include Stauskas in any trade, unless you are getting superstar back.

Bledsoe has Phoenix in tough position, if he is demanding near max contract, most teams won't give them much in return. Considering any team can just sign him outright next year, if he signs qualifying offer now.
I can see other teams being able to offer better assets for Bledsoe. The suns may have to trade him at the deadline but the qo gives them time.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Are you saying Stauskas' value is on par with a Superstar?

I can see other teams being able to offer better assets for Bledsoe. The suns may have to trade him at the deadline but the qo gives them time.
I think that if he accepts the qualifying offer, he gets a no trade clause. So, Phoenix would be looking to trade him, but he can deny any trade he doesn't like. PHO would have more options now in a sign and trade.