Draymond being Draymond, 2023-24

I though most of the altercation between Kay and McDaniels was just some heated defense. You pull my shirt, I'll pull yours. For me and the clip I saw it was hard to tell who was pulling whos shirt first. I think the throat punch was... unintentional. I think it was intended more as a push.

Then Rudy came and tried to pull Kay off (poorly)and Dray saw that as a good time to assult him.

You dont grab or touch the other teams player in an altercation. Get between them or pull your teamate back. crap happens. Bad Rudy. I dont think he's a violent dude.

But theres 0 reason to headlock a dude and drag him 15 feet, taunting him, in any professional atmosphere, outside WWE and MMA. He clearly goes from 0 to 150 without much thought. I think Dray is inherintly a violent person as demonstrated by his actions.

Klay, McDaniels and Rudy each get a game. Draymod should have assault charges brought agaiants him. Suspend him out of the inseason tournamnet.

At this point I think Silver needs to start taking some heat for poor management.
Watch it again. Gobert is going for his player but they are still spinning and klay is swung into gobert. Gobert even does a studder step.

Dray had a lot of time to think all through his actions. He was almost half the court away when he started running toward the altercation, then has the chokehold for and extended period if time.

Lots of time in there for a "Wait wtf am I doing?!"

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I made the unfortunate choice to venture into a Warriors board to see their takes.

It’s about 75/25 saying Draymond is totally in the right and it’s everyone else's fault and the NBA has such an agenda against him. Lmao

This was malicious assault plain and simple. He saw Gobert near Klay and went right at him and didn't let up, with no thought for anyone's safety.

Criminally dangerous.

Can't have a personality like that out of the inseason tournament. People won't tune in if he's not playing!

Or whatever nba logic applies to Draymond.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
5 games is so chickensh. There is a good case to be made he should be facing 40+ game ban for everything he has done since the Kings playoff series. He certainly wasn't behaving like a model citizen the first month of the season up until this point. He continuously gets a free pass to "be Draymond" until he goes beyond the pale and assaults a player then now between a deliberate attempt to injure Sabonis and a CHOKEHOLD (not a headlock!) on another that he refused to release until the player was on the ground, despite the pleas of his coaches and teammates, he will now serve a total of 6 games suspension? These events are what, 5 months apart?

Silver continues to be a joke.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Both players were removed for a full season regardless of the official suspension.

Also "too chippy". What on earth are these people watching with him. His behavior is literally indefensible. It's not chippy, it's dirty, and at least two recent incidents of intent to injure that could (should? in light of the NBA ignoring his behavior) be prosecuted.

So Mike Bibby having a pregame talk with Drapes, and Drapes asked him how he felt about the Dramond Green situation and I am shocked. Mike said “that’s the kind of man I want on my team” Are you serious? I get the team wants to protect its team but a choke hold? Five games? Really? That’s it?? And you really want representation? How can you justify that type of violence on the court?SMFH

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So Mike Bibby having a pregame talk with Drapes, and Drapes asked him how he felt about the Dramond Green situation and I am shocked. Mike said “that’s the kind of man I want on my team” Are you serious? I get the team wants to protect its team but a choke hold? Five games? Really? That’s it?? And you really want representation? How can you justify that type of violence on the court?SMFH
Are you unfamiliar with Team Dime?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the funniest part in those still shots is how angry Dray is while Rudy is looking like he's drowning. anyway, Dray is NBA's villain and they will continue to juice that orange until they can't no more