Draft Brandon Heath!!

Who says he's not a first round pick? He could likely give Douby a run for his money...he comes from an amazing program, amazing coach.

I could see the Kings picking him if we get a 2nd rounder and for some reason Douby is traded. Otherwise I don't see us drafting the guy, but the 3 pointer in the 2nd youtube clip was really nice. But with our first rounder(hopefully around 5) we NEED to get a big man who can block shots.

The way you seem to like this guy though, it made me wonder if you are actually him?

re: Brandon

I could see the Kings picking him if we get a 2nd rounder and for some reason Douby is traded. Otherwise I don't see us drafting the guy, but the 3 pointer in the 2nd youtube clip was really nice. But with our first rounder(hopefully around 5) we NEED to get a big man who can block shots.

The way you seem to like this guy though, it made me wonder if you are actually him?
I worked at SDSU (and my wife went there) the year they hosted the first round and won the Mountain West, with Marcus Slaughter. Slaughter came out a year early but I feel he still HAD a better shot than Brandon, and Slaughter never heard his name on draft day. Brandon might hear his name, but very, very late second round. Don't get me wrong, he's a great PG and comes from a decent system, but not first round material. IMHO.

I worked at SDSU (and my wife went there) the year they hosted the first round and won the Mountain West, with Marcus Slaughter. Slaughter came out a year early but I feel he still HAD a better shot than Brandon, and Slaughter never heard his name on draft day. Brandon might hear his name, but very, very late second round. Don't get me wrong, he's a great PG and comes from a decent system, but not first round material. IMHO.
It was a shame Slaugher came out early. If he had stayed, the would have easily won the MWC, and would have definitely been a sweet-16 team (at least...probably elite 8). Losing Brandon and Mo' will hurt next year, but they could get "better by subtraction" (forced to play more as a team rather than relying on two guys)...redshirted transfer Ryan Amoroso will be in the lineup and provide the physical presence they lost when Slaughter left, Jerome Habel is a potential MWC player of the year...ditto to Lorenzo Wade.

Yeah, Heath might not be a "lottery" pick...but he should be a first rounder. He's going to have a LOT of success in the NBA.

It was a shame Slaugher came out early. If he had stayed, the would have easily won the MWC, and would have definitely been a sweet-16 team (at least...probably elite 8). Losing Brandon and Mo' will hurt next year, but they could get "better by subtraction" (forced to play more as a team rather than relying on two guys)...redshirted transfer Ryan Amoroso will be in the lineup and provide the physical presence they lost when Slaughter left, Jerome Habel is a potential MWC player of the year...ditto to Lorenzo Wade.

Yeah, Heath might not be a "lottery" pick...but he should be a first rounder. He's going to have a LOT of success in the NBA.
I don't even see him on any draft lists let alone the first round.

We already have tweener guards in Price and Douby, and drafted one in Ricky Minard three years ago. How is little dude ( :) ) any different than those guys, let alone the dozen of guards coming out this year?

I don't want to accuse you of being a homer, but I have to say that there might be some bias in some of your assessments especially with regards to Heath being a 1st round pick. The mock drafts simply don't agree with you on this, and NBADraft.net even compares him as the next "Jason Hart." Do we really need another Jason Hart?

Sorry, maybe i´m only too stupid,
but i really don´t understand why we should pick the guy?

Give us some reason´s ecept the video´s which are nice but don´t say anything about a player.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Anyone looks unstoppable in highlight videos. They never show the fumbles, the travels, or missed shots. :)