Down to the wire and other news, rumors, etc.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Liked

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Almost everybody deserves different degrees of thanks but in the end, it was David Stern. He held our hand for two years and probably had a major impact on the committee.

A perfect storm of leadership on all levels.

collective sigh of relief, so glad that this is most likely over ill wait until the maloofs are officially out to celebrate but this is still dam good news.

collective sigh of relief, so glad that this is most likely over ill wait until the maloofs are officially out to celebrate but this is still dam good news.
That is the key my friend.

This is a miracle but we're not done yet. The maloofs will keep trying to maloof us. I will not pop the champagne until I get the word that the maloofs are OFFICIALLY out of the picture.

Some are taking the "NBA screwed us AGAIN angle," while completely missing the fact that the NBA only voted to not screw us.
clueless to the very end. Maybe if they would have fought for the sonics as hard as sac fought for the kings they might still have their team.
They'll eventually end up with a team. Milwaukee, Atlanta, or an expansion team. JUST NOT OUR TEAM!!!!

I was getting too anxious sitting and waiting for an answer so I took a long walk and came back to see 4 new pages of comments in this thread which meant that a decision was made and leaked. Took a deep breath and started reading.

Awesome news. Absolutely awesome. And the vote being unanimous is huge. I didn't expect it to be a split vote, but 12-0 is huge. That's nearly half the official votes needed in the BOG vote.

I also realized that the same time I was opening this thread with anxiousness and trepidation, a lifelong Sonics fan was refreshing Sonics Rising in the same manner but with a very different outcome.

The stress of the situation has pitted two great fanbases against one another and a vocal minority has certainly engendered ire on both sides, but at the end of the day, while I'm incredibly happy to keep my Kings, I do feel for the true Sonics fans.

That is the key my friend.

This is a miracle but we're not done yet. The maloofs will keep trying to maloof us. I will not pop the champagne until I get the word that the maloofs are OFFICIALLY out of the picture.
Yes... I expect to see some more Maloofery before the Clowns finally give up and sell or the league steps in and takes over.

this is exceptional news!! i had certainly hoped that the finance/relo committee would vote in favor of sacramento, but i wasn't expecting a unanimous decision. it should make the road to the final vote considerably more smooth for sacramento. it's rather difficult to imagine the BoG as a whole moving against the grain of an 11-1 vote by their own committee...

GO KINGS!!!!!!

:D

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Yes... I expect to see some more Maloofery before the Clowns finally give up and sell or the league steps in and takes over.
I think it's done. I expect nothing. Just an opinion. The Maloofs are children in a big man's game and maybe it is dawning on them .................. finally.