Down to the wire and other news, rumors, etc.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
How nice is it going to be to just talk basketball again?

To feel like we have owners looking to field a competitive team?

To watch the re-development of downtown and the construction of a new arena?

What an amazing day.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I rarely tune in to Grant's show. Today will be an exception. It's an incredible day for all of us.

WE ARE SACRAMENTO!!!

To watch the re-development of downtown and the construction of a new arena?
If this is done right (and there's no reason to believe it's not going to be), we will witness an amazing transformation of a city and its culture the like of which I don't think has ever been seen. This has the potential to launch Sacramento from a city stuck in the 20th century to one of the most vibrant downtowns in the nation.

Those who still oppose this need to understand how huge this is and get behind this effort NOW. Not that that's an issue with the folks in this forum, but it amazes me how many people still don't understand this. I personally explain this to at least 2-3 people every day. Spread the word!!!

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 2m

Sacramento side was asked before recommendation to put 20% down (or in neighborhood) of purchase price by Friday - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ics-relocation-committee-future-move/2122013/
So that sounds like the NBA is expecting a sale to go through regardless of what the maloofs think. Either they sell to us or the NBA pays them off and Ranadive pays the NBA. WOW!
After the sale is complete I would think we will see immediate action at the downtown mall site. I wanna see that arena going up as quick as the 49ers stadium in Santa Clara. I can't believe this is gonna happen!!!!

So that sounds like the NBA is expecting a sale to go through regardless of what the maloofs think. Either they sell to us or the NBA pays them off and Ranadive pays the NBA. WOW!
After the sale is complete I would think we will see immediate action at the downtown mall site. I wanna see that arena going up as quick as the 49ers stadium in Santa Clara. I can't believe this is gonna happen!!!!
My understanding was that a few weeks ago when the BM demanded the offer from the Sac buyers Stern made the BM commit to accept the back up offer. I am not sure they have a choice at all at this point.

Construction won't start till after the EIR.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just made an order online from the Team Store. I had to exchange a couple of emails to make sure they had the address correct. I thanked the girl and closed my email with "Thank you. GO KINGS!" Her reply was "You're welcome! #HereWeStay"

As happy as we are, imagine the relief of all the little people who will most likely now not have to worry about finding new jobs.

I am listening to Grant Napear and I am so very, very proud of what we have all accomplished. WE ARE SACRAMENTO!

I just made an order online from the Team Store. I had to exchange a couple of emails to make sure they had the address correct. I thanked the girl and closed my email with "Thank you. GO KINGS!" Her reply was "You're welcome! #HereWeStay"

As happy as we are, imagine the relief of all the little people who will most likely now not have to worry about finding new jobs.

I am listening to Grant Napear and I am so very, very proud of what we have all accomplished. WE ARE SACRAMENTO!
I never though I would look forward to another season of Grant doing PbP so much... seriously crying here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 14m
Just got off the phone with Steve Ballmer. He is "horribly, horribly disappointed" in this news.
Maybe he shouldn't have tried to steal our team, especially by making some sleazy back-room deal with the Maloofs.