Down to the wire and other news, rumors, etc.

I think it's done. I expect nothing. Just an opinion. The Maloofs are children in a big man's game and maybe it is dawning on them .................. finally.
dawning on them? unlikely, my friend. more like the maloofs are children in a big man's game and they're getting sent to the principle's office for a mandatory expulsion...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes... I expect to see some more Maloofery before the Clowns finally give up and sell or the league steps in and takes over.
The Maloofs can do nothing except steal the lightbulbs and chairs on their way out of town. It's over. We win.

L

LWP777

this is exceptional news!! i had certainly hoped that the finance/relo committee would vote in favor of sacramento, but i wasn't expecting a unanimous decision. it should make the road to the final vote considerably more smooth for sacramento. it's rather difficult to imagine the BoG as a whole moving against the grain of an 11-1 vote by their own committee...

GO KINGS!!!!!!

:D
Where did you see 11-1?

I am 99.9% jazzed and did a little happy dance. No Debbie Downer here but I just can't celebrate until I see the tail lights on the Maloofs U-haul and the NBA makes it official that the Kings are staying. I really can't wait to get back to taking about basketball!

Maybe I'm a bit emotional right now, but I wouldn't be against seeing either the names Weiglein, Tavares or both on the back of the retired 6th man jersey in the rafters, right next to the retired #7 jersey I hope to see soon.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I was getting too anxious sitting and waiting for an answer so I took a long walk and came back to see 4 new pages of comments in this thread which meant that a decision was made and leaked. Took a deep breath and started reading.

Awesome news. Absolutely awesome. And the vote being unanimous is huge. I didn't expect it to be a split vote, but 12-0 is huge. That's nearly half the official votes needed in the BOG vote.

I also realized that the same time I was opening this thread with anxiousness and trepidation, a lifelong Sonics fan was refreshing Sonics Rising in the same manner but with a very different outcome.

The stress of the situation has pitted two great fanbases against one another and a vocal minority has certainly engendered ire on both sides, but at the end of the day, while I'm incredibly happy to keep my Kings, I do feel for the true Sonics fans.
I do feel sorry for the Seattle fans that they lost their team, and I hope they eventually get them back. I do not feel sorry that they most likely will not be getting our team. And I think most real NBA fans in Seattle probably can appreciate that too, even if they are a little disappointed that the wait continues.

The Maloofs can do nothing except steal the lightbulbs and chairs on their way out of town. It's over. We win.
They better get the new Arena built fast, George and some of his Meth-head buddies are up at Arco pulling the copper out of the walls as we speak.

its absolute fate that the kings are going to stay in sacramento, had it been another mayor in office right now they would be gone, even if said mayor wanted to keep them he wouldnt have the NBA ties that KJ has. Its also fate that the maloofs stayed afloat until KJ got into office, had they gone broke before he got here, they would have sold or gotten their way and moved.

KJ deserves a statue!! as well as a big thank you to stern for sticking with sacramento thru his entire tenure, i hope that doesnt get lost in all of this.

That's what we thought... then they came up with the "demand" to get a binding, written offer, and a price hike from the Seattle group. Don't underestimate the lenght to which spiteful weasels are willing to go to screw those they feel "wronged" them...

However, with the unanimous vote the league has clearly spoken. I'm confident any Maloofery will be dealt with swiftly.

A BIG THANK YOU to the 12 saviors (plus Commish David Stern) of THE SACRAMENTO KINGS...

NBA ownership committee members:

Micky Arison, Miami Heat
Clay Bennett, Oklahoma City Thunder
Jeanie Buss, Los Angeles Lakers
Jim Dolan, New York Knicks
Wyc Grousbeck, Boston Celtics
Peter Holt, San Antonio Spurs
Ted Leonsis, Washington Wizards
Greg Miller, Utah Jazz
Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns
Herb Simon, Indiana Pacers
Larry Tanenbaum, Toronto Raptors
Glen Taylor, Minnesota Timberwolves

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So the NBA is moving forward like the Maloofs have no choice but to sell !
I think the unanimous vote was a clear indication that the NBA is through playing games with the Maloofs. They either agree to the sale or the NBA takes the team "in the best interests of the league" and completes the sale. The Maloofs will get their money but they will no longer be able to practice Maloofery.

A BIG THANK YOU to the 12 saviors (plus Commish David Stern) of THE SACRAMENTO KINGS...

NBA ownership committee members:

Micky Arison, Miami Heat
Clay Bennett, Oklahoma City Thunder
Jeanie Buss, Los Angeles Lakers
Jim Dolan, New York Knicks
Wyc Grousbeck, Boston Celtics
Peter Holt, San Antonio Spurs
Ted Leonsis, Washington Wizards
Greg Miller, Utah Jazz
Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns
Herb Simon, Indiana Pacers
Larry Tanenbaum, Toronto Raptors
Glen Taylor, Minnesota Timberwolves
Yes, thank you!!

This is fantastic news and absolutely the correct decision considering the amount of effort, energy, and passion that those supporting the SACRAMENTO Kings have displayed through-out this multi-year ordeal.

I really don't think we're going to hear much more than a whimper by the Maloofs. They will take their money from the Ranadive ownership group and slink out of Sacramento.

I really want to stress how important the unanimous vote is. That 12-0 vote basically means that there won't be ambiguity regarding the official vote. And what that means....it means that the Ranadive ownership group can start having conversations regarding potential coaching prospects and the like and be able to speak with confidence that they will be calling the shots at some point or another.

So hopefully we won't be too behind the curve when it comes to trying to bring in a high quality coach. (JVG please!)

Anyway, a fantastic day to be a Kings fan and simply put...it makes one proud of Sacramento and everything they've done to keep this team.