Down to the wire and other news, rumors, etc.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Twitter:

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 10m

This is like XMas Eve x 1,000,000, except not sure if its Santa or some dude waiting to kick me 30 times in the junk tomorrow.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 6m

It's just weird to think that this saga most likely begins its end tomorrow. All these years and ups and downs. By this time tomorrow.....

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 5m

I keep asking myself the strangest question: Regardless of the outcome, is there a part of me that will miss the fight? Can't imagine so.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 4m

How many times have we thought we were at the end of this thing, only to have the goalposts moved again? Tough to believe its tomorrow.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 2m

I've never seen a situation like this, where so many people will be right, and so many people will also be dead wrong.

As far as confidence? Hell yes I'm at 99% still. I've maintained all along that Sac controls its destiny, IF they perform 100%. They have.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 37s

But to me- If this team stays.....every single second and sacrifice will have been 100% worth it, and a ton of people would do it again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 20s

There has never, ever been a set of fans and community that has gone to these lengths for a team. NEVER. I am so proud of my city. The best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I agree. I am incredibly proud of Sacramento, of Kings fans, of Carmichael Dave, Crown Downtown, HereWeStay, Think Big and everyone else who has played a part in this saga. We have fought the good fight and done all we could do...

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 20s

There has never, ever been a set of fans and community that has gone to these lengths for a team. NEVER. I am so proud of my city. The best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I agree. I am incredibly proud of Sacramento, of Kings fans, of Carmichael Dave, Crown Downtown, HereWeStay, Think Big and everyone else who has played a part in this saga. We have fought the good fight and done all we could do...
i really hope c dave is true!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

One thing that hasn't really been talked about to much. Per NBA bylaw, the com. is tasked to FIRST establish current market viability.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 3m

That's why relo before sale vote was a huge clue. The cmte must basically reject the CURRENT city BEFORE they consider the FUTURE city.

IF the cmte follows the constitution as they should, once Sac's viability in ownership and fanbase has been proven, that's the ball game.

Sac had a long and arduous road in proving all the financials, but they have. They've checked off each and every detail. And then some.

So if Sac wins, it was never about the weakness of Seattle. They're a powerhouse. Analogy? You have to TAKE the belt from the current champ.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 30s

“@techguy9707: @CarmichaelDave Could be the primary reason @Vivek team focused on NBA process, not Hansen offer” That is EXACTLY correct.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

One thing that hasn't really been talked about to much. Per NBA bylaw, the com. is tasked to FIRST establish current market viability.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 3m

That's why relo before sale vote was a huge clue. The cmte must basically reject the CURRENT city BEFORE they consider the FUTURE city.

IF the cmte follows the constitution as they should, once Sac's viability in ownership and fanbase has been proven, that's the ball game.

Sac had a long and arduous road in proving all the financials, but they have. They've checked off each and every detail. And then some.

So if Sac wins, it was never about the weakness of Seattle. They're a powerhouse. Analogy? You have to TAKE the belt from the current champ.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 30s

“@techguy9707: @CarmichaelDave Could be the primary reason @Vivek team focused on NBA process, not Hansen offer” That is EXACTLY correct.
I think those from Seattle just don't see this - it really never was about Seattle once the Maloofs decided to sell to move the team. It was whether Sacramento could put together a viable ownership group and prove to the NBA we are a viable "NBA city". While all of us know that is a no-brainer, putting it on such a fast-track was a real hurdle. The practice run a couple years ago was actually a GOOD thing in this process! Never thought i would be saying that. :p

My argument has also been that it's not about Seattle when people bring up "The owners should be able to sell who they want to".

It's about the relocation of a team that shouldn't have even been considered for relocation. I would be fine with H/B buying the Kings and keeping them here. Hell, they have companies in the Bay Area so it could have been a nice agreement between H/B and Sac had they wanted to keep the Kings here, and this would have been a done deal already. BUT..... BUT they wanted to move the team from an area where it has been for 30 years and that has tremendous fan support and a mayor willing to fight for us. H/B picked the wrong market to try to steal a team from. This whole "I want it NOW!" attitude is what's going to cause Seattle to even have to wait longer than it had anticipated initially. From my chair though it does not matter. The Kings will always be the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Grant Napear ‏@GrantNapearshow 31m

Just got back from G.S. game. Incredible atmosphere! All I could think about is how much I miss the playoffs and how unbelievable it's...

Grant Napear ‏@GrantNapearshow 28m

...gonna be when the Kings are back in the playoffs in a new building! I believe!!! I believe our day is coming...I believe we are all...

Grant Napear ‏@GrantNapearshow 26m

...gonna be celebrating together! I think about what the day's gonna be like and how much it will mean to all of us because we fought...

Grant Napear ‏@GrantNapearshow 25m

...this battle together! It's gonna happen! Don't ever give up..don't ever stop believing! We don't wave white flags!!!! #sackingsforever

#HereWeWait

This is the hardest part. Nothing left to do, but wait. As I sit here thinking about it, I actually feel sick to my stomach. I just want an answer. Guess I'll just go and distract myself some more.

The day we've been waiting for, either way the threads on this day will be memorable. I usually go to bed at 3 30 am, and wake up around noon to 12 30, so hopefully when I wake up there will be a positve atmosphere

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
#HereWeWait

This is the hardest part. Nothing left to do, but wait. As I sit here thinking about it, I actually feel sick to my stomach. I just want an answer. Guess I'll just go and distract myself some more.
You're not alone, my friend. :)

Well this is it then. Words really don't describe what all of us are going through here. Theres a big lump in my throat and I doubt a lot of us overseas will be sleeping soundly tonight

as we wait, i'm reminded of this sketch from a classic episode of Seinfeld:

should news of the committee's decision leak today, and as much as we will desire to celebrate should that news favor sacramento, there's still more waiting to be had. we'll simply move from one waiting room to another. it is absolutely agonizing to know that "official" word on where the kings will play next season is still potentially weeks away...

Last edited by a moderator:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What time will they be announcing their recommendation? And will it be on tv?
I don't think anyone knows and no.

This is supposed to be a recommendation of the committee for the Board of Governors. The actual recommendation is not supposed to be public knowledge. However, the hope is that some information leaks today. Given the unprecedented circumstance it is conceivable that Stern or someone like Peter Holt comes out and actually says what the recommendation is today but it's also possible that we don't hear any news today if there are no leaks.

And of course, while the recommendation would seem to be a clear sign of how the vote will turn out, there's also the possibility (however slim) that the BOG goes against the recommendation of the committee and votes in the opposite direction. In short, we hope to hear good news today but we may not, and even if we do it doesn't guarantee that things are decided.

I wore my Kings gear to work today, and am refreshing this forum, and about 5 reporter's twitter accounts.

this is more nerve-wracking than game 7 WCF 2002.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
CD starts the 9 o'clock hour by saying, "No new updates on the Kings."

This is gonna be a looooooong day. I'm here and plan to stay until we hear something. First time in a very long time I've turned my TV off and am just concentrating on listening to Dave and following Twitter and Kingsgfans.com

This is OUR day. I can feel it.

:)

CD starts the 9 o'clock hour by saying, "No new updates on the Kings."

This is gonna be a looooooong day. I'm here and plan to stay until we hear something. First time in a very long time I've turned my TV off and am just concentrating on listening to Dave and following Twitter and Kingsgfans.com

This is OUR day. I can feel it.

:)
Can we listen to Dave's show online somewhere or do you have to download the app to your phone?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've tried as best I can, to stay on the outside looking in. Its difficult because my heart is in Sacramento. Not just because I lived here for over 40 years, but because of my memories. All the games I came home from hoarse from screaming my lungs out. All that games I went to with my son on one side and my daughter on the other. The nights in southern baja in cities like La Paz, when my daughter and I roamed from one sports bar to another trying to find the Kings on TV. The sunday we pulled up at an old motel/hotel sitting on a beach in the bahia de Los Angeles, tired and hungry. We walked upstairs to the office/resturant to find 20 some odd people sitting aroung a TV screaming while watching a Kings game. They were all Kings fans here in the middle of nowhere.

If there is justice, the Kings will remain in the city thats loved and nurtured them. If there is justice, and justce isn't about money, the relocation committee will make the right decision. This has been a hard and trying battle. The fan's of sacramento have faced uncertainty for too long. They deserve to be rewarded for what they've done, and not what they want. I feel for the fans in Seattle. They had their team taken away. But at the time, the city, nor the fans of Seattle, put up the fight that the fans of Sacramento have. There is right and wrong in the world, and keeping the team here is the right thing to do. To hell with objectivity!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can we listen to Dave's show online somewhere or do you have to download the app to your phone?
Online at thecdnetworks.com It is UNFILTERED so if you're at work, you might want to wear earphones. ;)

Dave just announced that the committee conference call will BEGIN at 11 a.m. our time. He quotes David Aldridge as saying the call should take about two hours, with a recommendation coming at the end of the call. There is NO guarantee of a leak of the recommendation, but it's pretty widely thought that nothing like this will stay "secret" for long.

Timetable:

4/29 - Recommendation
5 days after the recommendation, the committee issues an in-depth written report to the BoG
7 days after the written report, the owners actually vote

That's all from Dave and David Aldridge...

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Is this information truely going to be released today?
It's anyone's guess. The committee will discuss the recommendation, they may vote today or it may take more time. Once they vote on their recommendation then it gets a write up etc. At some point between recommendation and the BOG vote in a week or so the recommendation should leak. Most folks think there will be a vote then a leak today. I am sure if the recommendation is to block the relocation then the leak will be swift and from multiple sources to give Hansen the head up to pull his offer.

It's anyone's guess. The committee will discuss the recommendation, they may vote today or it may take more time. Once they vote on their recommendation then it gets a write up etc. At some point between recommendation and the BOG vote in a week or so the recommendation should leak. Most folks think there will be a vote then a leak today. I am sure if the recommendation is to block the relocation then the leak will be swift and from multiple sources to give Hansen the head up to pull his offer.
So today possibly could be the day that the relocation committee blocks the sale which should be announced. If the sale is not blocked then the pending sale goes to the BOG for voting later in time? just would like to have a thorough understanding with what's going on with my beloved Kings. Thanks for the reply

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So today possibly could be the day that the relocation committee blocks the sale which should be announced. If the sale is not blocked then the pending sale goes to the BOG for voting later in time? just would like to have a thorough understanding with what's going on with my beloved Kings. Thanks for the reply
Not exactly.

The relocation/finance committee (combined) will make their recommendations on the two issues: 1. Should the Sacramento Kings be allowed to move to Seattle, and 2. Should the Maloofs be allowed to sell the Kings to the Hansen/Ballmer group from Seattle.

These are only recommendations, based on all the material the combined committee has obtained from both the Seattle and the Sacramento potential ownership groups. NO deciding vote will be made today.