DishNet viewers w/409 channel - please sign in

VF21 said:
If you have DishNetwork and channel 409 shows up on your TV, where do you live and were you able to watch the Kings-Phoenix game?
Yuba City - Yes

It should be noted I am in a comcast cable area I am wondering as someone said in another thread if that has something to do with it. I would like to know if anyone on DishN in Woodland can get the game since that is Charter Cable area.

My wife called DirecTV again this morning and actually talked to someone, well, sort of. The woman representative started lectuaring about all the games that we would be able to watch on ESPN and TNT. The DirecTV person had no idea what was going on. She was clearly unaware of the Comcast situation in northern California. Sometimes I wonder if these people would be more aware of a New Delhi cricket score or an international soccer issue. Seriously, I would have to assume that our DirecTV agent was from the Midwest or South. If indeed she was from California, she must be fully engaged in television reality shows or one of the shoping networks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know where the DirecTV call center is but the one for DishNetwork is in Pennsylvania...

One thing I do know is they both seem enamored of never letting their customer service reps admit they honestly don't know something. During all of this, I would not have minded hearing "Things are changing so quickly, we just don't have that information yet." That, at least, would have been better than arguing with some poor kid who didn't even know that sell-out blackout restrictions ONLY apply to NFL coverage and not the NBA.

I am not a happy camper about this, and the ultimate blame rests with the Maloofs IMHO. Granted, they didn't do the negotiating, etc. but they should have made it clear to their representatives what had to be included in these stupid deals. You know, something simple like, "Make sure ALL our fans in northern California at least have the opportunity to watch the games." How hard could that have been?

I know that I am a little late with this info. I live in south east sacto county, yet when I turned on dish network I had no channel 409 at all. I called dish and the service operator transferred me over to the techies. I was told to turn off my dish box, then unplug the unit from the wall for 15 seconds. It is thier version of a hard boot. It worked and, as if by magic, I had the channel and it was in the clear. I don't know if this will apply to anybody else, just thought I'd share it.
KD

So let me get this straight...I have read all the posts and was just a little confused. Do you have CSN if you have not bought the league pass? I am referring to dishnetwork. Ifi do not have league pass then i should be getting channel 409, and it should be CSN? I have Comcast at my house, but at my gf's house she has Dishnet, so i want her to get CSN as well so i can go there and watch. Any help in my confusuion would be helped. Thanks

Okay, I figured out how I can get Comcast Sports Net WEst in Oroville. I need the America's Top 60 Plus package (I currently only have the America's Top 60 package)... rats, more money down the tube, but I can watch all the action on 409!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RageMe11 said:
So let me get this straight...I have read all the posts and was just a little confused. Do you have CSN if you have not bought the league pass? I am referring to dishnetwork. Ifi do not have league pass then i should be getting channel 409, and it should be CSN? I have Comcast at my house, but at my gf's house she has Dishnet, so i want her to get CSN as well so i can go there and watch. Any help in my confusuion would be helped. Thanks
If your girlfriend has the Top 60 Plus package (or better) on DishNetwork, have her tune to ch. 409 and see what happens. At this point, everything is still being straightened out so who knows what will happen.

Here in stockton, im not getting CSN on channel 409...do I have to have the sports package ? Or is it a different channel ?

(this is not for me, but for my friend, i recently made the switch to comcast)

VF21 said:
If your girlfriend has the Top 60 Plus package (or better) on DishNetwork, have her tune to ch. 409 and see what happens. At this point, everything is still being straightened out so who knows what will happen.
I was over her house tonight and...of course, no game, damnit. I was all excited and nothing, i asked her if she had the 60 plus package or plain 60, but she told me that she has the americas top 120 or somethin like that. I'm not too familiar with that, I guess that means that CSN is not in there. anyways, i was really mad i couldnt watch the game at her house, guess i'm just gonna have to stay home and watch the games on my comcast.