Kings fans near and far - sign in please

I'm jealous - that puts you a short walk from Oscars and some awesome breakfast burritos.

I love Oscar's. My (former)high school english teacher lives like 5 houses down that little dead end street that its perpendicular to. I used to hang out with her son, and we went to Oscars all the time.

Born n raised in Sacramento. I didn't really start following the Kings until the late 90's when I was around ten. Been a fan ever since.

Rzeszów, Poland. Nothing better than watching Kings' home games at 4 AM.
I don't know the exact date when I became Kings' fan, but I know why: somehow, when I was maybe 8 years old, I had a team-cap, so when I started watching basketball I already knew which team I want to root for :)
I'm not planning to write much here (though I read almost everything), but if, sorry for my English..

L.A.-------> Boise ---------> Japan. Might head back to L.A. at some point or some place in Oregon (hopefully close to Portland and culture/stimuli but most likely the sparsely-populated northeast part of the state). The 17-hour time difference is really screwing up the viewing habits. I brought along my reversible Pro Player Kings jacket from '96 since it keeps me warm so well, but no one here has said anything about it yet.

My third post here and no I haven't moved from Old Land Park near McClatchy HS in Sacramento. I'm really impressed with the variety of places outside the U.S. that fans are located in.

I have four adult children and they all live in Sacramento, two live about 5 miles east of me, one lives about 3 miles south of me, one lives about 1 mile west, and three of the four work about 2 plus miles north of me, less than a mile from the new arena site. The square we live in is about 6 by 5 miles, about 30 square miles ( this all would be understood by Capt. factorial). Does ANYONE on this board live in that vast area which includes lots of the heart of
Sacramento? ANYONE!!!

Fastrman = which comes from a job I had way back where I was writing computer code and the boss would always be trying to get our crew to increase the pace of our programming. Fast - R - MAN as my name is Robert and it also sounds like "Go Faster Man !"
I was Born and Raised in Loomis. Living in Granite Bay now. Please consult a map if you are unsure where Loomis is :)

Fan since my Freshman year in college ('85).... I love me some KINGS !!

Last edited:
From Columbia, Missouri. I've been a Kings Fan since about 1998. I remember thinking "these guys could actually be pretty good," as I looked at all the close losses with key injuries. It was fun to watch them rise, and the fun is finally starting all over again. :)

Hadlowe. A nominal Lakers fan now living in Miami. I came for the Jimmer and stayed for the Cousins.

Mostly I just like basketball (except for the Knicks.) I have felt like the Kings have been on the verge of something great for the last three years and it is fun to see that starting to click.

I'm jealous - that puts you a short walk from Oscars and some awesome breakfast burritos.

As for me I grew up in Sacramento, went to Berkeley for school, taught high school in Stockton and now live and work in the far away land of Roseville, CA.
I love Oscars breakfast burritos...wash it down with a Horchata everytime.
You live right behind me...we are in American River Canyon in Folsom.

origkds

What- Me Worry?
Fastrman = which comes from a job I had way back where I was writing computer code and the boss would always be trying to get our crew to increase the pace of our programming. Fast - R - MAN as my name is Robert and it also sounds like "Go Faster Man !"
I was Born and Raised in Loomis. Living in Granite Bay now. Please consult a map if you are unsure where Loomis is :)

Fan since my Freshman year in college ('85).... I love me some KINGS !!
Cool FaStRrmAn, I could use a fast programmer right now. I guess your boss didn't care how buggy the code was as long as you were doing it fast, LOL. I often wonder how our members chose their names. I own an eyewear company and one of my products is called "The Original KD's", hence, "origkds". I'm pretty sure that mine originated back in the DOS days (showing my age) where login names could not be more than eight characters.

Sometimes I wish that everyone had to post a photo of themselves. This is usually right after I read a post that is so incredibly absurd that I want to see what the person looks like.

Good thread VF. I think we had a thread similar to this in the past but this one seems to have taken off. Fun stuff, keep'em coming everyone.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Cool FaStRrmAn, I could use a fast programmer right now. I guess your boss didn't care how buggy the code was as long as you were doing it fast, LOL. I often wonder how our members chose their names. I own an eyewear company and one of my products is called "The Original KD's", hence, "origkds". I'm pretty sure that mine originated back in the DOS days (showing my age) where login names could not be more than eight characters.

Sometimes I wish that everyone had to post a photo of themselves. This is usually right after I read a post that is so incredibly absurd that I want to see what the person looks like.

Good thread VF. I think we had a thread similar to this in the past but this one seems to have taken off. Fun stuff, keep'em coming everyone.
It is clear how I picked my name, I hope. Also I have a picture of myself. :p

Started out in El Dorado Hills, then Cameron Park and now Pleasant Valley (South East of Placerville) trying to get further and further from the populace....if the wife had her way we would be in Montana by now!

This will be the first time in over three years I can finally watch Kings games.......moving up to the sticks has brought me no cable, no satellite and a very very terrible internet connection. I broke down and got the league pass.

Look forward to many more good games to come!

Happy to be back in Rocklin, CA. All I wanted for Christmas as an 8 year old in 1985 was tickets to a Kings game. Santa came through with the tickets, as well as a powder blue corduroy Kings hat and I've been hooked ever since!!!

I was in Morgantown, WV the last several years, so it's good to be back and begin making new Kings memories with my own children. I took my 10 year old daughter to the Nuggets game the other night, her first, and she had a blast. I asked her who her favorite player was at halftime and after thinking for a bit....she says "#15..Cousins" Smart Girl.

Grew up in Italy, moved to UK and back to Italy again.
Kings fans since 1999. I was in love with Jason Williams, Chris Webber and the european guys. They're not playing anymore (just Hedo), but still in love with them.
Getting up at 4 am to watch Kenny Thomas or Mikki Moore was a tough challenge, my personal childhood nightmare (even if I wasn't a child anymore).
Surrounded by Lakers fans (or any other winning team fans, except a friend who roots for the Bucks but that's self-destructive), it took few seconds to realize I picked the wrong team to be proud of. But it doesn't matter, I'm still on board.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One of our members (El Paljasso from Belgium) has created an interactive map, similar to one we had a number of years ago. If you get a chance, check it out and literally put yourself on the map! :)