Dear Vlade, Surprise Us. Trade Bogi Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb02

All-Star
1. Trade Bogi.
2. Acquire assets.
3. Chase him in the off season and try to re-sign him. If his new team matches, you'll eliminate a potential competitor for other FAs in the future.
4. If you sign him, you've turned 1/2 season into a bunch of shiny new toys.

Stop fighting the last war. Think outside of the box. And show us that a tiger can change his stripes.

I don't know about resigning after we trade him, but I do think that the "we are keeping him rhetoric" is a negotiation tactic. Whether the other team succumbs will be known today.

Dave was just talking about how much bogi might command.
4 years 80 million? Is that about right? 18-20 million?
No way is he worth that much. Especially when it might hinder signing Fox.

dave just said that bogi is going to play international ball, not even a question. That should be the final straw. We gotta trade him. He’s not worth what he’s gonna command.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if Vlade has intentions on re-signing Bogdanovic then he needs to make it incentive based like he did with Buddy's, for starters playing a minimum of 70 games. He's going to play international regardless so might as well put that into the negotiation phase when the time comes

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Expecting someone not to rep their country in international ball is ludicrous.

Imagine Kobe/Jordan never repping the US or Messi not repping Argentina. Actually overseas it means even more to rep your country.

Can get injured just as easily playing pickup ball, which all NBA players do all off season.

Imagine Kobe/Jordan never repping the US or Messi not repping Argentina. Actually overseas it means even more to rep your country.

Can get injured just as easily playing pickup ball, which all NBA players do all off season.
Fine, you can play international ball all you want but it would be criminal if we paid him 80 million.
This is the kings. They will not trade bogi. They will match a huge overpay for bogi. He will continue to play overseas and he will play less and less here because of injuries. And then the king will be scrambling because they will not have the money to sign Fox.

I too would trade him based on his stubbornness to play euro ball. I feel like we are paying his salary to play in Europe while we get a broken down version.

This is one of the dumber things I have ever read here, and that is saying a lot.
Why? Makes sense to me.
1) we may have a high dollar figure in mind that is already below what Boggy is expected to get.
2) there is the risk we get nothing for him in offseason if we are constrained financially and another team knows this.
3) leverage a good relationship with him so he knows we have all intentions of paying him as much money as the team can afford i.e. he is a priority
4) then we can receive some picks
5) helps a tank
6) thus season is lost, but these moves improve of future prospects

Why? Makes sense to me.
1) we may have a high dollar figure in mind that is already below what Boggy is expected to get.
2) there is the risk we get nothing for him in offseason if we are constrained financially and another team knows this.
3) leverage a good relationship with him so he knows we have all intentions of paying him as much money as the team can afford i.e. he is a priority
4) then we can receive some picks
5) helps a tank
6) thus season is lost, but these moves improve of future prospects
1. Thats a terrible thought process
2. If we are financially constrained as to keep our best RFA we may as well quit the league
3. That is not going to leverage anything. Nobody likes getting traded unless they want out.
4. YAY! More picks
5. I dont think we need help tanking, and what are we tanking for exactly? The 6th pick in a bad draft?
6. He is a current prospect, that we own the rights to.

BTW if he is gone, and then we offer him 20MM per season in RFA, the team who traded for him is just going to match. This is ludicrous.

I don’t see Bogi as a main core piece at all. As a guy playing 4th fiddle (for example, like to LeBron and others in a strictly complimentary role, I’d think he’d flourish!)

But as a core piece I don’t see it. I dread the contract he’s going to get.
You don't see it because he has done nothing to convince you, or anyone who thinks rationally, that he is a core piece. He's an inconsistent shoot first guard who has somehow convinced many fans and pundits that he is this well rounded facilitator, ball-handler, jack of all trades type player. Nevermind that his career assist numbers are worse than Doug Christies or his assist-to-turnover ratio is a horrendous 1.7 this year. Sure he can be clutch here and there, and has the occasional game where he takes over, but for $18 - $20M a year? Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

dave just said that bogi is going to play international ball, not even a question. That should be the final straw. We gotta trade him. He’s not worth what he’s gonna command.
Agreed! And if Bogs does end up as a RFA, as a GM of another team interested in his services, I wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole unless he agreed to not playing international ball.

Bogi has a history of nagging injuries.

Not once did i say he shouldn’t play international ball. I said if Vlade is going to sign him, he needs to ask that he only plays in Olympic years, not a full schedule every summer.

I’m not keen on us literally paying him money so he can play for his country and assume risk and mileage for something that doesn’t benefit us one bit. He’s an asset, and we have to protect our assets.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
IMO, he's much more valuable to a higher tier team than he is for the Kings. For about two-thirds of the season he's either injured or "not right." A playoff team can afford the luxury of load managing him so he's "right" for the playoffs. He's the guy that's going to be instrumental in winning some games for you in the playoffs. So for a playoff team, a championship contending team, he can be a very valuable piece. But for a team like the Kings that is looking to get into the playoffs, forget about it. He's not going to "be right" for most of the games of the season. His inconsistency arising from health issues will cause more distraction and dislocation to your team than he's worth for a few games during the regular season.

Bogi has a history of nagging injuries.

Not once did i say he shouldn’t play international ball. I said if Vlade is going to sign him, he needs to ask that he only plays in Olympic years, not a full schedule every summer.

I’m not keen on us literally paying him money so he can play for his country and assume risk and mileage for something that doesn’t benefit us one bit. He’s an asset, and we have to protect our assets.
also, I brought this up: how sure are we that Bogi is that good?
He’s a shoot first guy who isn’t a defender, and his rebound/assist numbers are average at best.

He has a high IQ and a knack for the big shot, and i don’t discount that. But if he’s looking for 4/70 or 4/80?
I’d pass and grab assets now while his value is sky high.

Barnes got that money. The "he's not worth that much" doesn't exist for the players Vlade likes.

IMO, he's much more valuable to a higher tier team than he is for the Kings. For about two-thirds of the season he's either injured or "not right."
I kinda, sorta agree with this.

I do believe the full extent of his talent and skill would become evident on a really good team. And I also think he's banged up and injured far too much. We know a large part of that reason. And it's not going to change.

Still wouldn't ever trade him to LAL or another CA team unless they drastically over-payed.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I'm disappointed to see Justise Winslow moved today. I would've thought he'd be a perfect haul for someone like Bogdan who still very much has a say in his own destiny.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Keep Bogdan, he’s the best all around player on the team, and I sure hope Vlade likes him as well as I do. Money- whatever it takes, pay him.
Then no more BS'ing. They have to find a way for Buddy and Bogdan to get those real starter minutes in some form or fashion. You can't have two SG's that can't slide over taking up 40+ percent of your cap.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
also, I brought this up: how sure are we that Bogi is that good?
He’s a shoot first guy who isn’t a defender, and his rebound/assist numbers are average at best.

He has a high IQ and a knack for the big shot, and i don’t discount that. But if he’s looking for 4/70 or 4/80?
I’d pass and grab assets now while his value is sky high.
His one-on-one defense can be good at times. He is horrendous, however, at getting to loose balls. He'll give the loose ball the two-second stare before he gives the faux attempt at getting it.

I'm disappointed to see Justise Winslow moved today. I would've thought he'd be a perfect haul for someone like Bogdan who still very much has a say in his own destiny.
I gotta ask why?

You realize he's played in less games this season than Marvin Bagley, right?

Like many Duke players, he always misses games. And underachieves. 5 years in and still isn't more than an ok role player.

Like you. I've always liked his potential. But when's it gonna hit? And is he ever gonna shake the injury bug. This is the 2nd season he'll miss the vast majority of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.