Dear Vlade, Surprise Us. Trade Bogi Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings now have Holmes, Bags, Len, Parker, Tolliver, Bjelly, & Giles as 4/5s. Vlade loves his bigs.

They now have only one true 3. The most important position in the league.

One averaged sized 2 guard and an another who is undersized and below avg athletically. Plus a 2, who mostly plays the 3 (Bazemore).

Fox n Joseph at the one.

And bench fodder.

Roster construction 3.5.
Len, Parker and Tolliver are not there as part of roster construction but as vehicles of dumping some salary unwinding the free agency mistakes.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Bogi has a history of nagging injuries.

Not once did i say he shouldn’t play international ball. I said if Vlade is going to sign him, he needs to ask that he only plays in Olympic years, not a full schedule every summer.

I’m not keen on us literally paying him money so he can play for his country and assume risk and mileage for something that doesn’t benefit us one bit. He’s an asset, and we have to protect our assets.
Did you quote me by accident?

I never mentioned you.

But since you quoted me....you're not paying Bogi so he can play for his country. You're paying him an NBA salary which covers the season and doing so to an international player who plays for his country, just like most other international players.

And playing in the LA or NY ProAm risks injury, but that's what many NBA players do during the summer. Is no pickup ball vs amateurs part of your requirement to? No Rucker? Cancel all the runs at UCLA with NBA players?

BTW, as a futbol fan do you say the same? No Euros. No Copa America? No WCQing for all the global stars? Chelsea should tell Pulisic don't play for the US because we pay you?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The Kings now have Holmes, Bags, Len, Parker, Tolliver, Bjelly, & Giles as 4/5s. Vlade loves his bigs.

They now have only one true 3. The most important position in the league.

One averaged sized 2 guard and an another who is undersized and below avg athletically. Plus a 2, who mostly plays the 3 (Bazemore).

Fox n Joseph at the one.

And bench fodder.

Roster construction 3.5.
I don't know how much stock Walton has taken recently but Bogdan and Bazemore might be more effective at the 3 defensively. We just saw some switching reappear in the last game but Bogdan can defend up. He's ox strong and has the length of some PF's. Bazemore's length last game was really impactful around the rim. He blocked a huge shot. Bogdan struggles guarding 2's, Baze isn't as effective in the post but can switch to smaller players quite nicely. The bigs thing is what it is. If they want to keep ramming out big lineups that can't shoot then enjoy Fox while he lasted.

Of all the things Vlade has done, this one I just don't understand. It was interesting that when I said that I didn't understand the strategy of not trading Bogs, especially when there was much interest in him around the league, neither Grant nor Doug said anything.:D
Interest =/= trade value. Plenty of teams could have been interested in bogie but maybe what they’re offering wasn’t good enough. Vlade trades bogie for a player or picks that don’t work out and bogie becomes a star, Vlade is an idiot. Vlade doesn’t trade bogie, he’s an idiot. Maybe Vlade believes in bogie and believes we can resign him.

I like Bogie but he is extremely overrated and not worth a big contract. Give him a big contract and the Kings will be trading him + 2nds to try to get out of it in a year or two.

I think he's overrated by many other teams in the league as well. A team is going to offer him a big contract and then Vlade will match it.

I'm still shocked they did not trade Bjelly maybe Vlade kept his word not to trade him once he signed his deal with us, Bjelly could have been a excellent piece for Houston or just about any playoff team for that matter. The Kings seem to love Bogi like it's still his rookie year he has looked physically cooked the last 2 years and his shooting/playmaking have plummeted a long way (when was the last time he had a pick n roll lob to someone?).

Easily one of the most boring uneventful seasons/trade deadlines as a Kings fan in a long time.

I like Bogie but he is extremely overrated and not worth a big contract. Give him a big contract and the Kings will be trading him + 2nds to try to get out of it in a year or two.

I think he's overrated by many other teams in the league as well. A team is going to offer him a big contract and then Vlade will match it.
What team? I keep reading this here but all I read online is this off season no one has cap space or they are saving it for 2021. I believe Atl, cleveland and Memphis all had space coming up and used all of it up in their trades. Also the nba is lowering the cap this year also. Maybe, just maybe, Vlade took all this into consideration and still opened up extra cap space of our own to resign bogie.

What team? I keep reading this here but all I read online is this off season no one has cap space or they are saving it for 2021. I believe Atl, cleveland and Memphis all had space coming up and used all of it up in their trades. Also the nba is lowering the cap this year also. Maybe, just maybe, Vlade took all this into consideration and still opened up extra cap space of our own to resign bogie.
The teams interested in trading for him and the compliments he's gotten from other coaches since he's been in the NBA.

I have no problem with resigning Bogie because he's a slightly above average player but I just wouldn't give him a well above average contract for that kind of production.

The teams interested in trading for him and the compliments he's gotten from other coaches since he's been in the NBA.

I have no problem with resigning Bogie because he's a slightly above average player but I just wouldn't give him a well above average contract for that kind of production.
The teams interested in him probably wanted to trade for him cuz they can’t resign him this summer. I read lakers were interested, they can’t afford him in free agency. I don’t know who else will throw a $20 mil contract at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.