Deadline Deals

Hill/Jackson for Obrue Jr and Mahinmi we take on Iain terrible contract and get rid of Hill (contract swap) who gives Washington another vital piece while getting the real prize that is Obrue Jr (eating the contract/terrible play of Iain is hard to swallow but worth it imo) and letting them develop Jackson.

Than we try move KK/Temple/Z-Bo (don't need him with Obrue here) for anything.
Nice call here. This is the EXACT sort of deal we should be looking to make and there's a lot of incentive from Washington to do so.

Current, during the 2019 season, Washington will have 105 mil committed to Wall-Beal-Porter and Mahinimi... Seriously. Hill frees them up a year early on the Mahinmi deal and they don't have to worry about paying Oubre that year either as a RFA.

I'd flip them Malachi over JJ too. He has an extra year of Rookie ball control over Oubre and he's a guy they can work in to develop. Hill would also be infinitely more valuable to them in a playoff push as they try to win with this core over the next 2 years.

I think Washington values Oubre Jr emerging game and would be hesitant to trade him.
I would gladly make that deal for Oubre, he's actually younger than Jackson who I'm not excited about. Also it would be great to fill the SF position before the 2018 draft seeing this team should be open to improvement at all positions.
They honestly won't be able to afford him in 2019, especially if they can't find a taker for Mahinmi. And Oubre is pretty much the one guy on the roster who would be enough incentive to eat Mahinmi's deal.

Assuming conservative projections on Oubre, especially in 3 years, say he signs for... 12 mil/season? That's just going to throw Washington way into cap hell for basically a middling playoff team.

Hill gives them a nice contending piece for the next 2 years with the core they're trying to win with and we save them from total 2019 cap hell while not losing Oubre for absolutely nothing (Malachi or JJ I guess).

I've recently become a Bogie believer, but I think the Kings would be wise to flip one of Buddy or Bogdan for another young player of equal value at PF or C. One that that recently came to mind was a trade for Saric? He's a stretch 4 who can do a little bit of everything on offense. He's 23yearsold and only on the 2nd year of his rookie contract.

Buddy for Saric straight up

or

Bogdanovic+Richardson for Saric+Korkmaz+Johnson.

Or sub Korkmaz out for Luwawu instead. I think Bogdanovic would be more valuable for the Sixers than Hield because he's an all-around player. His asking price would be higher.

Nice call here. This is the EXACT sort of deal we should be looking to make and there's a lot of incentive from Washington to do so.

Current, during the 2019 season, Washington will have 105 mil committed to Wall-Beal-Porter and Mahinimi... Seriously. Hill frees them up a year early on the Mahinmi deal and they don't have to worry about paying Oubre that year either as a RFA.

I'd flip them Malachi over JJ too. He has an extra year of Rookie ball control over Oubre and he's a guy they can work in to develop. Hill would also be infinitely more valuable to them in a playoff push as they try to win with this core over the next 2 years.
Not having another quality PG has really killed them every playoffs guys like Sessions/Frazier/Thomas Satoranzky and even Miller who was the best out of them was like 37 just have not got it done for them against other 2nd units. They would have to be desperate by now to get another good PG in particular one that can play both with Wall & Beal and all three at the same time.

I've recently become a Bogie believer, but I think the Kings would be wise to flip one of Buddy or Bogdan for another young player of equal value at PF or C. One that that recently came to mind was a trade for Saric? He's a stretch 4 who can do a little bit of everything on offense. He's 23yearsold and only on the 2nd year of his rookie contract.

Buddy for Saric straight up

or

Bogdanovic+Richardson for Saric+Korkmaz+Johnson.

Or sub Korkmaz out for Luwawu instead. I think Bogdanovic would be more valuable for the Sixers than Hield because he's an all-around player. His asking price would be higher.
I would try do Buddy for Holmes and one of Korkmaz/TLC I really rate Holmes I think he can play either PF/C and is better than any big we have if given the same chance. But I like the Saric trades also would do both.

Hill/Jackson for Obrue Jr and Mahinmi we take on Iain terrible contract and get rid of Hill (contract swap) who gives Washington another vital piece while getting the real prize that is Obrue Jr (eating the contract/terrible play of Iain is hard to swallow but worth it imo) and letting them develop Jackson.

Than we try move KK/Temple/Z-Bo (don't need him with Obrue here) for anything.
Oubre seemed like a vital part of the Wizards when the Kings played them. Jerry Reynolds even made the comment he is one of their best players even though he comes off the bench.

But the cost of getting Oubre you outline is steep. First round draft pick (Justin Jackson) and taking on the contract of Mahinmi which is brutal! Check out the two sites with links below:
Click---> http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/11/14/ian-mahinmis-contract/
Click---> http://www.spotrac.com/nba/washington-wizards/ian-mahinmi-2708/

Add to that Oubre is a RFA is 2019 and that trade makes a huge hit on the cap in 2019. Probably close to 40 million between the two incoming.

Oubre seemed like a vital part of the Wizards when the Kings played them. Jerry Reynolds even made the comment he is one of their best players even though he comes off the bench.

But the cost of getting Oubre you outline is steep. First round draft pick (Justin Jackson) and taking on the contract of Mahinmi which is brutal! Check out the two sites with links below:
Click---> http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/11/14/ian-mahinmis-contract/
Click---> http://www.spotrac.com/nba/washington-wizards/ian-mahinmi-2708/

Add to that Oubre is a RFA is 2019 and that trade makes a huge hit on the cap in 2019. Probably close to 40 million between the two incoming.
Yeah I understand how terrible the Iain contract is but your not going to get a young player of Oubre potential/current age without taking on a terrible contract or giving up a elite young player which Jackson is not. We are swapping out a contract for a guy limiting the potential of our best young player for a awful contract and a potential above average starting SF in the NBA. If Oubre stinks it up in Sac town than we don't really have to re-sign him and we have lost Jackson and if he's great well than he's worth every penny.

Kings have to take risks the talent we currently have imo is a bunch of solid average starters/good bench players. (Fox/Giles excluded) I'm sure there are better trades for Hill that I'm not seeing but this one came to mind first and could be doable.

I would swap Buddy for Oubre straight up but who knows Buddy might prove me wrong and become the next Michael Redd you never know. The deal comes partly from me not seeing much potential from our young guys.

Yeah I understand how terrible the Iain contract is but your not going to get a young player of Oubre potential/current age without taking on a terrible contract or giving up a elite young player which Jackson is not. We are swapping out a contract for a guy limiting the potential of our best young player for a awful contract and a potential above average starting SF in the NBA. If Oubre stinks it up in Sac town than we don't really have to re-sign him and we have lost Jackson and if he's great well than he's worth every penny.

Kings have to take risks the talent we currently have imo is a bunch of solid average starters/good bench players. (Fox/Giles excluded) I'm sure there are better trades for Hill that I'm not seeing but this one came to mind first and could be doable.

I would swap Buddy for Oubre straight up but who knows Buddy might prove me wrong and become the next Michael Redd you never know. The deal comes partly from me not seeing much potential from our young guys.
I like Oubre, I really do. The IM contract is for 3 more years, its a cap killer. Plus we have not really seen what Justin Jackson is going to become. I am on board moving Hill even though I wonder if Fox and FM III have 80 games in them as rookies. I would also be willing to accept a bad contract, just not a 3 year one.

Don't want to move Buddy. He's really got some firepower, is a bit older for a prospect, but I think the ceiling is pretty high still.

Oubre would be nice, but you simply make your best bid when he is a RFA & see what happens.

Don't want to move Buddy. He's really got some firepower, is a bit older for a prospect, but I think the ceiling is pretty high still.

Oubre would be nice, but you simply make your best bid when he is a RFA & see what happens.

I like Buddy. I don't think he will improve much more. He's really just a spot shooter. Cannot handle the ball, at all. takes 3 dribbles and ends up getting stolen or losing the ball. A 25 yr old player, as well. I see a Nice player. But, Not Bradley Beal talent. Sorry, I don't see it. Not sold on Oubre, Either. Every year, his scoring and minutes have gone up, but his shooting pct has gone down each successive season, as well. Tells me he's more of a bench guy.

Vlade is not trading Bogdanovich, I would waste thinking up a trade with him involved. He and Giles are probably the only untrade-able guys right now, with Fox and Buddy as "it better be a blow you away offer" everyone else is trade-able.

I like Buddy. I don't think he will improve much more. He's really just a spot shooter. Cannot handle the ball, at all. takes 3 dribbles and ends up getting stolen or losing the ball. A 25 yr old player, as well. I see a Nice player. But, Not Bradley Beal talent. Sorry, I don't see it. Not sold on Oubre, Either. Every year, his scoring and minutes have gone up, but his shooting pct has gone down each successive season, as well. Tells me he's more of a bench guy.

Buddy has really grown as a passer and in pick and roll this year. They don't seem to be using him much like that since his recent burst of productivity. Also, not that he doesn't have issues handling at times but the Kings offense isn't really designed for the ball handling guard. The middle of the paint is usually stuffed with one if not two bigs, one at the elbow and one down low. Here's a good sign that Buddy could make a major dent moving forward, teams are already designing their defense around him. Every time he does have the ball or is coming off a screen watch the defenses eyes because they are almost always on him.

I don't know what their peak would be but I can't see how a coach wouldn't be able to get a ton out of a Fox, Hield, and Bogdan trio at PG, SG, and SF. Now, it might not be ideal for certain "systems" but 4-5 out spread pick and roll offense could be ideal for them.

I really, really wonder if people think they're actually right when spitting hot takes with no basis behind it.

Buddy, once he moved to the bench and figured out he's not the worst player in existence:

20 games

22.6 MPG :( :(
13.0 PPG
3.8 RPG
1.5 APG
24% USG!!!
62% TS!!!
55% 3pt%

How in any world is this "just a spot-up shooter" He's flat out been an elite scorer and rebounder since his move the bench and around average playmaking for an off-guard. Buddy not getting 33 MPG is flat out infuriating; dude is balling, but we refuse to see if he can transfer this insanely good scoring ability with more minutes.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade is not trading Bogdanovich, I would waste thinking up a trade with him involved. He and Giles are probably the only untrade-able guys right now, with Fox and Buddy as "it better be a blow you away offer" everyone else is trade-able.
the only two players that are in the untradeable conversation for the time being is Fox and Giles and that's because of their age and unknown ceilings/potential. The rest are either deep bench players, maybe one or two rotational players and the rest out of the league and/or D-league material.

the only two players that are in the untradeable conversation for the time being is Fox and Giles and that's because of their age and unknown ceilings/potential. The rest are either deep bench players, maybe one or two rotational players and the rest out of the league and/or D-league material.
What?

Trading those young guys now would be buying high and selling low. Best just to keep them and see them develop.
Not all of them. For example, trading Skal and Giles now would be selling low because of their upside and because they haven't shown enough to have more than the value as where their draft position was right now. These guys don't magically become basketball messiahs just because they wear the Kings uniform; these guys aren't the only ones in the league worth developing.

But a guy like Bogdanovic? I could see many teams trying to compete wanting him because of his ability to contribute now, not to mention our logjam at SG. Someone mentioned Hill/Jackson for Oubre/Mahinmi. Change it to Zbo/Bogdan for Oubre/Mahinmi/2019 pick and I would do that. It doesn't have to be Bogdan but you could easily pair a vet and a young player to bring back assets from a team looking for salary relief and be better off for it.

Not all of them. For example, trading Skal and Giles now would be selling low because of their upside and because they haven't shown enough to have more than the value as where their draft position was right now. These guys don't magically become basketball messiahs just because they wear the Kings uniform; these guys aren't the only ones in the league worth developing.

But a guy like Bogdanovic? I could see many teams trying to compete wanting him because of his ability to contribute now, not to mention our logjam at SG. Someone mentioned Hill/Jackson for Oubre/Mahinmi. Change it to Zbo/Bogdan for Oubre/Mahinmi/2019 pick and I would do that. It doesn't have to be Bogdan but you could easily pair a vet and a young player to bring back assets from a team looking for salary relief and be better off for it.
I don't think the Wizards are looking to sell Oubre/2019 pick to rid themselves of Mahinmi's contract. It is a terrible contract though, one of the worst in the NBA. Trading Bogdan would be a mistake anyhow. A team like the Kings should develop young talent, not trade it away.

I don't think the Wizards are looking to sell Oubre/2019 pick to rid themselves of Mahinmi's contract. It is a terrible contract though, one of the worst in the NBA. Trading Bogdan would be a mistake anyhow. A team like the Kings should develop young talent, not trade it away.
Oubre is young talent, younger than Bogdanovic actually, and the pick is feasibly young talent too.

Vlade is not going to trade Bogan under pretty much any circumstance. He traded for him, waited for him, and signed him to the largest rookie deal ever. He didn't do that to flip him 25 games into his rookie year. Just isn't happening.

Hill, Kosta, Malachi, Jackson and maybe Willie/Skal could be traded under the right circumstance. I don't see anyone else being moved unless it's a too good to pass up offer.

There is a chance that Zbo at this years trade deadline could get moved to a playoff contender if there is an injury or something.

Vlade is not going to trade Bogan under pretty much any circumstance. He traded for him, waited for him, and signed him to the largest rookie deal ever. He didn't do that to flip him 25 games into his rookie year. Just isn't happening.

Hill, Kosta, Malachi, Jackson and maybe Willie/Skal could be traded under the right circumstance. I don't see anyone else being moved unless it's a too good to pass up offer.

There is a chance that Zbo at this years trade deadline could get moved to a playoff contender if there is an injury or something.
I don't think Zach gets moved unless he really wants out.

Vlade won't do that to Joerger.

I'd look at options as a GM, but I don't have a coach to deal with.

I don't think Zach gets moved unless he really wants out.

Vlade won't do that to Joerger.

I'd look at options as a GM, but I don't have a coach to deal with.
I agree, I think it's a pretty slim chance. Plus, they really did bring these guys in to mentor. And so far it seems like they are doing it. Hill is really the only question mark there. I think he's still the most likely to be moved. I think they would move Kosta if it made sense. but they aren't just trying to dump him.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Hill is the guy that will be traded at some point. Whomever the other team is has to have a need for a combo guard, have an expiring contract or 2 year contract guy and then be willing to give up a first rounder or young talent....additional pieces may be involved to help facilitate.

Koufos would be the other moveable piece.